Author Topic: problem running ff7 in high res/alli graphcs driver etc.  (Read 24310 times)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Re: problem running ff7 in high res/alli graphcs driver etc.
« Reply #25 on: 2009-10-03 08:15:54 »
Code: [Select]
Now we have to do these step by step man: Choose these optons:

1. Did ya already configured ff7config.exe?

- select/check NVIDIA and choose option TNT in the graphics tab. Make sure the renderer is set to Direct3D.
-Sound Tab: Choose your primary Sound Driver.
MIDI Tab: Choose your primary MIDI Driver. MIDI data: General MIDI. Uncheck Logarithmic Volume Control.

Option:
2. Make sure you get the batch file from titeguy for FF7Config that scrambles the OPENGL. So that everytime you open FF7Config.exe it will not reset the registry. be careful with this.

Option:
3. Try this  opengl.cgf:

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = false

# plugins
# a movie plugin is required, the music plugin is optional, but required to make FF7Music work
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/smartbloom.post
enable_postprocessing = yes

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# set the window size (and fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1440
window_size_y = 900
preserve_aspect = false
fullscreen = true

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = yes

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = false

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# this option requires you to have all your LGP archives unpacked in direct/, with one folder for each archive
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd instead
# this option should be used for testing only, performance will take a hit
direct_mode = off

Option 4:
 - Did ya eventually install the keyboard patch? You know the ones exclusively for laptops?
 - The movies working in-game?

Hmm...As I seen your pics above I noticed that some textures are missing. Try using Software Rendering in ff7config and experiment from there.

You might also check some programs that are running that might interfere.

Option 5:

Since you're using FFVII music try configuring it too. Look for the help in the forums. Don't worry it's stickied!... :lol:

Evan Lee

• "I don't kill I eliminate"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-10-03 08:26:38 »
Code: [Select]
Now we have to do these step by step man: Choose these optons:

1. Did ya already configured ff7config.exe?

- select/check NVIDIA and choose option TNT in the graphics tab. Make sure the renderer is set to Direct3D.
-Sound Tab: Choose your primary Sound Driver.
MIDI Tab: Choose your primary MIDI Driver. MIDI data: General MIDI. Uncheck Logarithmic Volume Control.

Option:
2. Make sure you get the batch file from titeguy for FF7Config that scrambles the OPENGL. So that everytime you open FF7Config.exe it will not reset the registry. be careful with this.

Option:
3. Try this  opengl.cgf:

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = false

# plugins
# a movie plugin is required, the music plugin is optional, but required to make FF7Music work
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/smartbloom.post
enable_postprocessing = yes

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# set the window size (and fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1440
window_size_y = 900
preserve_aspect = false
fullscreen = true

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = yes

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = false

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# this option requires you to have all your LGP archives unpacked in direct/, with one folder for each archive
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd instead
# this option should be used for testing only, performance will take a hit
direct_mode = off

Option 4:
 - Did ya eventually install the keyboard patch? You know the ones exclusively for laptops?
 - The movies working in-game?

Hmm...As I seen your pics above I noticed that some textures are missing. Try using Software Rendering in ff7config and experiment from there.

You might also check some programs that are running that might interfere.

Option 5:

Since you're using FFVII music try configuring it too. Look for the help in the forums. Don't worry it's stickied!... :lol:

the movies are not working in-game.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-10-03 11:08:36 »
dxdiag said direct x 9.0c

but i'll try downloading new direct x

also i can't run the game in window mode as it firces it to play 640x480

If you have a black barret it means that aali's driver is not running

Evan Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-10-03 17:19:45 »
i give up!

this "thing" will NOT work in my laptop!
 :x
i will just focus in making models instead of wasting my time fixing this! :x

for anyone that is interested in helping care to help::

my specs:
windows xp sp2
nvidia geforce go 7900
A NEW fresh update of dx9.0c
and my app.log and opengl.cgf is in there in the 1st page of the post

and also my processor is intel core 2

sorry guys but i'm reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy pissssssssss off right now

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-10-03 19:51:32 »
evan17lee: Don't PM me with this crap.
dude if you have a vincent model please send me your char.lgp i really need it badly please?

thanks

You didn't specify what Vincent model you were referring to, but it has been made clear that you're not getting one. Spamming random forum members will not help, it'll only piss people off.

As for Aali's Driver not working, are you using the Ultima Edition by chance? Aali's driver doesn't work with that sh*t.

Edit: Your first post in this thread states you're using the original version, not the Ultima crap. Make sure it's updated to 1.02 (does the remix patcher do that automatically?), as Aali's driver doesn't work with a 1.00 exe. Also make sure you're not running FF7config.exe after applying the registry key.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-03 19:54:42 by Covarr »

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-10-03 21:03:42 »
hmm... it seems like somebody is just in a demanding mood, with nothing to offer in return. so, i think i will join in on the demanding side of things:

I DEMAND COOKIES!

there... now i know nobody is going to give me any cookies, but i think i know why you are having trouble running the game... you say that it is not the ultima edition in this thread, but in a different thread, and only about half a day earlier than this thread was stated, you specifically said that it was the ultima edition. now, i doubt that you were able to get a legit version of the game in that amount of time, so my guess is that it is still the illegal ultima edition, which means that many mods will NOT work, period.

now, i may be wrong, but it seems that you are just on here demanding results, and with an illegal copy to boot, so i don't think you will be getting very far, and will just end up pissing people off, as covarr said.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-10-03 21:19:53 »
I DEMAND COOKIES!

:-D

We've pretty much verified that he's got the Original edition of the game by now, so that's not what's causing it, I don't believe...

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-10-03 22:59:03 »
well i appreciate the cookies... but it is too bad that i cannot oh nom nom them  :cry:.

the only way to really know would be to have a person we know that has the ultima edition install the patch and see if it works (or have someone download it, but that is bad  :roll:), though i don't think that a person we know that has it would be around for long anyway  :lol:. how did you verify that it is the original version? i dont know much about the ultima version, sans that it is illegal, and doesn't work with many patches (and sucks in general  :wink:).

who knows, maybe there is a different ultima edition out there, that looks even more like the original?

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-10-03 23:11:42 »
who knows, maybe there is a different ultima edition out there, that looks even more like the original?
[gasp]
I should probably check to see how compatible it is, exactly, because I don't think I've ever actually run across somebody who's said "I have ultima edition and this doesn't work." Which leads me to believe that it actually *does* work with my patch. Go figure.  :-P

I'd share some real cookies with you but teh intarwebz isn't l33t enough yet.  :lol:

« Reply #34 on: 2009-10-03 23:17:45 »
Your patch would work with ultima... it just makes it the "real thing" cause your patcher over writes the "no cd" exe. with the 1.02 patch.. making it so they need the CDs... rendering Ultima...useless.  :wink:

Evan Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-10-04 04:49:59 »
evan17lee: Don't PM me with this crap.
dude if you have a vincent model please send me your char.lgp i really need it badly please?

thanks

You didn't specify what Vincent model you were referring to, but it has been made clear that you're not getting one. Spamming random forum members will not help, it'll only piss people off.

well sorry bout that,as for the game i am 100% sure that i am using the originalversion of the game, go ask titeguy if you don't believe me  :-D

As for Aali's Driver not working, are you using the Ultima Edition by chance? Aali's driver doesn't work with that sh*t.

Edit: Your first post in this thread states you're using the original version, not the Ultima crap. Make sure it's updated to 1.02 (does the remix patcher do that automatically?), as Aali's driver doesn't work with a 1.00 exe. Also make sure you're not running FF7config.exe after applying the registry key.

well sorry bout that,as for the game i am 100% sure that i am using the originalversion of the game, go ask titeguy if you don't believe me. well i don't know if the remix patcher automatically do that....
« Last Edit: 2009-10-04 04:52:05 by evan17lee »

Evan Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009-10-04 04:57:31 »
[gasp]
I should probably check to see how compatible it is, exactly, because I don't think I've ever actually run across somebody who's said "I have ultima edition and this doesn't work." Which leads me to believe that it actually *does* work with my patch. Go figure.  :-P

I'd share some real cookies with you but teh intarwebz isn't l33t enough yet.  :lol:

your patch works with the ultima editon believe me, my friend borrowed my ultima edition copy and it work with his computer

i don't reallllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy understand why is the resolution always forcing me to run the game 640x480, and also i did everything right " I AM SURE"

i have a legit 100% working original not fake installer of the game and the ultima editon i bought in caloocan (i live in the phil.)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009-10-04 05:03:13 »
Ultima edition is only found from pirate sources.. *gets pirate hat*

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-10-04 06:16:23 »
Ultima edition is only found from pirate sources.. *gets pirate hat*
ARRRRRR.

Yeah, that makes sense, assuming the executable is the only bastardized part of it.
So having the ultima edition shouldn't matter... and you mentioned that the registry entries are as they should be so I'm just plain clueless as to what the issue could be short of an incompatibility or a faulty gfx card/driver.

He's posted his card a hundred and one times, anybody know where to find up to date drivers for it?

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-10-04 11:11:34 »
Ultima Edition is only repacked files, it's unmodified, the files are 100% original.

Evan Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009-10-04 12:13:23 »
ya i know that

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009-10-05 16:16:07 »
I'm even scratching My head too...I mean come on Im the one who doesnt use an NVIDA card adn it works for me.. Both tried Ultima and Orig..in there 1.00 versions and still A-Okay...Hmm...

you should take a look at your cards and see if anythings updated. Check the site of each. maybe you're missing some...

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009-10-06 05:01:08 »
I think Aali's driver it's actually working with him, if not, he wouldn't get that app.log file.
I just don't understand why it seems to initialize with DIRECT DRAW and not OPENGL.

Evan Lee

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009-10-06 05:10:09 »
what???? :?

i don't even know what you are saying????  :-D

I think Aali's driver it's actually working with him, if not, he wouldn't get that app.log file.
I just don't understand why it seems to initialize with DIRECT DRAW and not OPENGL.

ddmosho

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009-10-09 00:47:52 »
hey evan where did u get those advent children char.lgp mods?

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009-10-09 00:56:17 »
There kula wende mod but we dont support ripped models in this forum.

death_gigas

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009-10-11 14:47:20 »
mr. titeguy  when u installing the aalis custom driver  do u need ultima edition for it to work coz i have it but it doesn't work?.... pls. help

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009-10-11 16:59:34 »
mr. titeguy  when u installing the aalis custom driver  do u need ultima edition for it to work coz i have it but it doesn't work?.... pls. help
Honestly, how have you not been banned yet?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009-10-11 21:55:01 »
Honestly, how have you not been banned yet?

No kidding