Author Topic: Editing Textures  (Read 335 times)

RendellDraw

• View Profile
Editing Textures
« on: 2024-02-15 11:03:04 »
Hi,

Almost a decade ago, I managed to edit the world map textures and replaced the grass, ground, and mountain textures with Crisis Core (PSP) textures. I no longer remember the exact process but I do remember that I had all the textures converted to PNG which I edited in GIMP. I didn't have to pack it back into the .lgp. I just left it in its folder (I think it's C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\mods\textures\world or something) and I can immediately see the changes after relaunching the game.

I'm currently using 7th Heaven for my mods. I managed to extract SYW's Unified Worldmap Textures and tested the edited textures using the folder structure above but I don't see the changes.

So far, the how-tos I'm finding require packing it back and I'm having trouble finding the relevant pages/sites.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

RendellDraw

• View Profile
Re: Editing Textures
« Reply #1 on: 2024-02-17 05:45:03 »
I'm going to see if the latest AI upscale models available can provide better results than the SYW World Map Textures. I found a ground/foliage/dirt model that gave nice results (using CupScale) and would like to try it.

Been Googling around and so far I'm unable to find out how to extract the Vanilla textures.