Author Topic: Quick comment.  (Read 5509 times)

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
Quick comment.
« on: 2014-03-18 21:27:35 »
FUCK THE FUCKING BATTLE SQUARE. Seriously. There are only a few things that get me violently angry in video games, and number one on the list is tedious fucking bullshit that takes the fun out of the game. It's just aggravating.

Thank you for your time.

Shard

• View Profile
Re: Quick comment.
« Reply #1 on: 2014-03-19 03:11:41 »
*looks at address bar*

Yup. This isn't square's website.

Also, were we supposed to guess which of Square's 50 games you're talking about? Cause if you're talking about FF13, that game doesn't have a battle system.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-03-19 05:33:28 »
He's talking about Battle Square in FF7. This much should be obvious.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: 2014-03-19 06:47:52 »
Yes, square has been notorious when it comes to grindy minigames, or games within the game. Have us do it once to get the price not 50 000 000.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #4 on: 2014-03-19 13:24:31 »
f*ck THE f*ckING BLITZBALL. Seriously. There are only a few things that get me violently angry in video games, and number one on the list is tedious f*cking bullsh*t that takes the fun out of the game. It's just aggravating.

Thank you for your time.

There, I fixed it for you. ;)

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-03-19 14:58:22 »
I didn't really mind the battle square. The slot machine idea was pretty cool to keep the battles challenging. (even though you could usually get lucky and roll the same slot over and over for no drawback).

LOL @ blitzball. God, that was awful.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-03-19 15:16:04 »
There, I fixed it for you. ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that horrid game. Point is I'm trying for Omnislash and I remembered that this is the point of the game where it is no longer fun to play -  for me anyway.

Nightmare799

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-03-19 19:27:13 »

LOL @ blitzball. God, that was awful.

X-2 Blitzball was great. I have spent countless hours grinding for new techniques and stats upgrades.

The only thing that bothered me in the begining was how awful the starting team was, as it took forever to finally get things to move.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-03-20 18:45:07 »
Anyone mess with the W-Item Glitch? I just tried it for the first time today, let me say that if you aren't experienced it's going to take a while. Whew.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #9 on: 2014-03-20 19:53:34 »
Anyone mess with the W-Item Glitch? I just tried it for the first time today, let me say that if you aren't experienced it's going to take a while. Whew.

I can manipulate it pretty easily, but fixing it? That would be pretty difficult.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-03-20 20:41:36 »
No, just manipulating it. I don't see how you guys have fun modding this game. It's been 8 years since I started playing it, and the older I get, each playthrough gets more and more extremely aggravating. I can't catch a fucking wonderful chocobo for the life of me, and I honestly can't remember it being that hard. Fuck this game outside of its story man, it's gotten to the point where I'm spending more time not having fun that actually having fun.

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2014-03-20 23:08:17 »
Don't do the side quests that you hate?

meesbaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2014-03-20 23:51:52 »
@Battle Square Ribbon+always selecting “lose all materia“ as last handicap(keep mashing square button like crazy) to win 10k points = win

@blitzball Use datts speed advantage and things get ridiculously simple

I loved both minigames! TT is still my favorite though ;)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #13 on: 2014-03-21 14:42:40 »
you can just add the Battle Points or Items you want using Black Chocobo. If adding points  be careful because when you enter/exit the battle arena your points are reset so make sure to either save in that location or use the location tab to set your location to the battle arena.

I used to make my little brother grind that crap. It would get him to stop wining about playing and get my boring stuff done. As a result my brother is now one of the best in game farmers in know .