Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3048404 times)

brainsolo

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods - The Reunion (R04c)
« Reply #2800 on: 2016-06-12 19:42:21 »
Click the link, it's already done. :D I was just saying I can change what I did if needed.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-12 19:52:13 by brainsolo »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: 2016-06-12 20:06:55 »
That's definitely good.  But how do we get that back into the game? And by back into the game - I mean without the modpath.  The actual field file itself - not any png work around.

brainsolo

• View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: 2016-06-12 20:56:50 »
Sorry, my knowledge stops at extracting with makoureactor and photoshop. I assumed since there were tools to unpack/convert FF7 files there would also be tools to convert/repack them? Again, I'm no modder, just wanted to help with editing the texture.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: 2016-06-12 21:20:07 »
Well,it's a start - but I don't think any tool exists to place that back into the game - anyone?

litbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: 2016-06-14 14:17:06 »
Hey, just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work on this excellent mod. I recently finished FF7 for the fourth or fifth time, and this is the first time I've actually understood what was going on in the story. Around the end of disc 1 the original, already shaky, translation broke down completely ("I'm quitting the adventure! Will you guys come on an adventure with me?"). After that it was basically impossible to figure out what was going on. But now I can enjoy my favorite FF game *and* its great story, and it's all thanks to this mod.

So I donated what I could, because you did a professional level job and totally deserve it. Good luck in all your future endeavors.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: 2016-06-14 14:47:03 »
Thanks :) That really helps and is very appreciated.  There is still the odd line that can be improved (and Hideout dialogue with Jessie needs amendment) and grammar improvements (mainly exclamation marks and comma splices), but it's very close to what I'd call finished.

So you won't have missed much in your latest play through.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-14 14:49:45 by DLPB »

litbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: 2016-06-14 16:15:51 »
For what it's worth, I didn't notice anything amiss. Maybe like, an extra space in front of a comma once or twice, but nothing that stuck in my memory as odd.

The only thing that still puzzles me about the dialog is at the very beginning when planting the bomb, the voice in Cloud's head tells him it's not just a reactor. Isn't it...? I assume the voice is Zack/Zax remembering the monster lab in Nibelhiem's reactor and mixing them up, like what happens later with the flashback to Tifa and her dad, but that line never seems to pay off. Not that I blame you for that, of  course.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: 2016-06-14 16:42:38 »
Definitely should be no spaces before commas...  I root all those out with search (I just did another now and nothing shows up).  If you spot any, do let me know.

It may just be the way the font is - it may look like there is a space.

As for the reactor - it's cloud's inner self.  He's remembering the reactor at Niblheim and how it was "more than a reactor" - the actual translation is "Not just a reactor" - but that makes it hard to grasp the intended meaning.  The reactor at Niblheim was not just a reactor - it housed the Jenova Project. You could also perhaps say it isn't the real Cloud this time - but a flashback to the Nibl reactor, caused by being in a familiar setting. 

The real Cloud frequently talks to the fake Cloud during the game - usually when asleep or otherwise unconscious.  It's the conflict of the real cloud trying to break free of the false persona- the one created from a lie based on the life on Zax. 

That first flashback is the first clue we receive as viewers that there is more going on with Cloud than we understand. In the end, it's just Cloud remembering that the Nibl reactor houses a secret. He's having a  flashback.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-14 16:52:05 by DLPB »

litbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: 2016-06-14 16:49:28 »
I'm sure you're right about the font. Nothing is coming to mind, everything I read was perfect. I admire your dedication!

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: 2016-06-14 16:53:51 »
Actually, yeah - it pretty much has to be the real cloud this time.  He's urging himself to break free of the lie:

Wake Up!
This is more than a reactor.

At least, that's how I read it.  It's a bit hard to really make 100% sure about this, as it is deliberately ambiguous - to stoke up mystery.

You see the same phrase "Wake up!"  in numerous places where the real Cloud is trying to fix the problem. Sephiroth also uses the phrase to his advantage, knowing the truth that Cloud's persona is a lie. The following dialogue is the real Cloud talking to the fake Cloud.

Code: [Select]
#cy 96
{GRAY}‘So why weren’t you able
  to see each other alone?’
------------------------------
#cy 96
“I don’t know.
  I can’t remember clearly.”
#cy 96
{GRAY}‘Well,why don’t you
  try asking {TIFA}?’
#cy 96
“Yeah…”
#cy 96
{GRAY}‘Then,wake up!’

and

Code: [Select]
#cy 48
{GRAY}‘Think you alone can solve all the
 problems in that little head of yours?’
#cy 96
{GRAY}‘You must have realized by now that
 nothing changes when you only ever
 look at things from afar?’
#cy 96
{CLOUD}
“What are you saying?”
#cy 96
‘Looks like it’s moving.’
#cy 96
{CLOUD}
“What is?”
#cy 96
‘Wake up!’

« Last Edit: 2016-06-14 16:57:57 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: 2016-06-14 17:01:59 »
It's an example of just how clever FF7 actually is - even when you don't realize it.  The whole "Wake up" thing by both real cloud and Sephiroth.  Not many people realize that.

Really wish I was good at forming a complete statement on something in one go - I am a serial editer.  :P
« Last Edit: 2016-06-14 17:04:57 by DLPB »

litbolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: 2016-06-14 17:15:49 »
Oh... that makes more sense... I had it backwards all this time. I assumed the dark text was the Zax side because of the few times the screen flashes white when Cloud recalls the past wrongly, like when Aerith asked him what SOLDIER class he was. But come to think of it, the dark text and the flashes are always separate.

Thanks for helping me understand the game better. You're right, it is pretty clever. It's nice to be able to fully appreciate FF7 this time around.

And it's no problem, I do that all the time on the Steam forums. Have to change things at least twice before I'm really happy, heh.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: 2016-06-19 18:29:40 »
I have tried and failed to centre the FMV (I thought this would be the easiest part).  Kranmer has tried also. Aali's driver seems to be doing all the work now, but without his source code it's just gonna mean jumping through hoops - unless someone feels up to it?  The FMV needs to be moved down.  That's all.

The function that sorts the height and width seems to be at around 1003F69C with latest driver.  I am not sure how to actually move the FMV down - but older revisions did used to centre it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: 2016-06-20 02:29:49 »
The field battle mode not being reset on game over has been fixed.  This should also end the warping glitches people exploit. I have fixed it by 721825 = 68 DA 00 00 00 68 14 01 00 00 66 C7 05 C6 0D CC 00 00 00  which also manually places the text for New Game and Continue (relevant to Reunion).

The above code is simply resetting to 0 by mov word [CC0DC6], 0000

cloudcircus

• View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: 2016-06-21 13:13:54 »
Sorry, didn't know where to post this, but I think the "this guy are sick" line is still not fixed. The Japanese is "彼たちは病気なの" which means they or those guys are sick/ill. The Eurogamer article says that the line was re-translated in the BEACAUSE mod as "the person in there is ill," which is incorrect. It seems like the re-translation of this line is based more on the original English than the Japanese.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: 2016-06-21 14:18:32 »
The relocalized line is correct. Regardless of if the Japanese is what you say it is (I doubt Luksy has made that error - but he'll be along shortly). Aerith is referencing one man in the pipe - and it is therefore definitely singular. Due to the nature of the scene, I have also made it clearer with "The man in there is sick."

Even if the Japanese really was saying "those" - I'd not use it, because that would be an error with the Japanese text.  I have changed a few things like that - such as "Tickle its belly button"  to a Chocobo.
« Last Edit: 2016-06-21 14:22:07 by DLPB »

cloudcircus

• View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: 2016-06-21 15:41:11 »
sorry, you're right. Japanese websites discussing the English error are actually use the wrong Japanese I think (the plural version which I mentioned above). I checked the actual game script and the line is actually "ここの人、病気みたいなの" (lit. the person here seems to be ill). Sorry for jumping the gun..I should have referenced the script directly instead of relying on a quick google search. Congrats on the progress you've made with the project  :)
« Last Edit: 2016-06-21 15:47:33 by cloudcircus »

cloudcircus

• View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: 2016-06-21 15:55:27 »
btw, i got your message, but I cannot send messages yet (probably because I am a new member). I am very interested, and I actually work as a translator and proofreader. Message me again with further details.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: 2016-06-21 18:52:03 »
btw, i got your message, but I cannot send messages yet (probably because I am a new member). I am very interested, and I actually work as a translator and proofreader. Message me again with further details.

Well, we've had 3 or 4 come on board and then disappear into the night.  So hopefully it's 5th time lucky ;). You may also join IRC... nice to talk there.

https://esper.net/publicirc.php

Enter a nickname

enter #qhimm.com  for the channel

And connect.

The job or proof reading won't be too difficult since I am confident we've done a really good job.  But there will be corrections to be made and you may want to bring certain things up.  It will just take a little time... Depending on effort, around a week or two probably.

if you don't like IRC, I can send you skype address.  Probably need that anyway.

ballacaust

• View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: 2016-06-21 21:22:47 »
Please help...I'm using the original 1998 install of the game, and have quite a few mods that HAVE BEEN RUNNING PERFECTLY FINE within 7th heaven mod manager, including version r03 of this one. I downloaded r04 because I wanted to use the 60 fps battles which was the only option I selected to install within the installer, only to achieve COMPLETELY SCREWING my install of ff7 with all of its current mods. Nothing has changed within 7th heaven mod manager, but the game is royally fucked up now...it appears that only a couple of mods (field models, anxious heart music remaster) are still working. And no, running the reunion.exe and selecting uninstall didn't do squat. The readme file is extremely vague on what exactly you're supposed to do with the files it puts/creates in the "BACKUP-REUNION" folder. I'd really appreciate some help / a fix here - wiping everything out and starting all over again seems beyond ridiculous for something that should be quite simple.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: 2016-06-21 21:25:56 »
This installer isn't meant to be used alongside 7th Heaven. As far as I know, versions of all the mods in Reunion are also available in 7H; if you want to install them alongside other mods, that's the best way to do it.

ballacaust

• View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: 2016-06-21 21:38:58 »
this latest version is not in 7H - I checked. The only 60fps battle mod is included in the "animations" mod pack within 7H, and I can't get it working correctly - it stutters, horribly.  So how am I to restore my install to previous working condition? Wipe everything out and start all over again and have to re-download 15+ gigs worth of mods that took all day?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: 2016-06-21 22:12:24 »
doesn't matter.  You cannot mix 7h with this mod.  It's a recipe for disaster.

cloudcircus

• View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: 2016-06-22 01:25:34 »
Well, we've had 3 or 4 come on board and then disappear into the night.  So hopefully it's 5th time lucky ;). You may also join IRC... nice to talk there.

https://esper.net/publicirc.php

Enter a nickname

enter #qhimm.com  for the channel

And connect.

The job or proof reading won't be too difficult since I am confident we've done a really good job.  But there will be corrections to be made and you may want to bring certain things up.  It will just take a little time... Depending on effort, around a week or two probably.

if you don't like IRC, I can send you skype address.  Probably need that anyway.

Okay, sounds good.
Skype is probably better for me -- can you PM me your username?

Sneazyx

• View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: 2016-06-22 20:28:49 »
Hey, thanks for all the hard work; I'm looking forward to playing the new, improved FFVII.

Couple questions:

The home page of this topic refers to a file called reunion-help.rtf. Alas, it's not linked, and I can't find the file anywhere. Little help, please?

The main reason I wanted to read the help (for now) is to see if you can change the setup parameters (e.g., battle frame rate) after installing Reunion. Or do you need to reinstall, or something else?

Thanks!