Author Topic: Anyone feel like there are so many amazing stories Final Fantasy could have made  (Read 2297 times)

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
Sometimes the main titles of the Final Fantasy series leave me wondering why they didnt make the story about someone else or have a different setting.

And I feel like with all the terrible prequels and sequels that keep getting released they never try to "enrich" a story but instead they create another story. By enrich I mean taking details/facts from a main title and making a game out of that. Like I wonder how a game about Laguna/Kiros/Ward would have been because it would 100% be better than Advent Children, aka movie that tried to create something instead of enriching. Whether you liked FF7CC or not it was undoubtedly better than advent children because it was based on FF7 and it brought you more in depth into the world of FF7.

I just replayed FFX recently. And Spira is a fucking terrible world. I'm gonna be honest. Well maybe just the way the game was made. Perhaps it was the linearity but the game seemed so monotonous at times. Running in straight lines down terrain that all looks the same. Mihen looks the same as Djose looks the same as everything else. Maybe it's because running in straight lines doesn't give the map character, but it doesn't excite the imagination at all. I loved FF7's midgar because it was a unique take on a city with its own personality. The world of Spira has no personality compared to Midgar. But I digress. I just feel like if FFX was about the Zanarkand of 1000 years past would have been 100x better. Or even about Bevelle. I love FF because it's a final FANTASY. I dont want to be able to go into my backyard and say oh that looks like fucking djose high road. But I digress, there are so many interesting stories in FF that aren't a part of the main story that make you wonder how much better it would be than games like FFX-2 or FF7AC.

Dream Zanarkand, Laguna/Kiros/Ward, Jecht/Braska/Auron, etc etc would all have made amazing stories and at the very least it would have been better than ffx-2.