Author Topic: [Release] Human Cait Sith field  (Read 5694 times)

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
[Release] Human Cait Sith field
« on: 2014-08-03 13:39:29 »
This is going to allow you to make Cait Sith into a human in the field, which as many of you know is previously unfeasible or overly annoying to do.

To make him into a human in the battle, all you have to do is replace his battle data (ryaa) with someone else, then create a new battle.lgp and he'll work with the correct animations, assuming the weapon data is set up correctly.

To make an otherwise inhuman character (Nanaki, Cait Sith, etc) into a human in the field requires you to isolate and identify all of his field animations, then find corresponding animations with someone you want to replace his skeleton with.

For simplicity's sake, I used Cloud's skeleton (which 70% of NPCs share) and I did this by using a hex editor and changing the corresponding bones in his skeleton with new ones (I used the same ones Cloud had, but simply changed it to nxxx.p) and I can confirm this does work ingame.

However, I only included the base animations, which is the idle, walk and run. The rest of his animations are replaced with simply the idle one.

If anyone wants to fully replace these animations, you are free to, and to aid you, I included a detailed list f what each of the default Cait Sith animation looks like, as well as including them in a separate folder.

I'm offering people t make him a human, but I do not want to simply release the proper animation changes, which I did for both Cait Sith and Nanaki.

In order to make him have the proper animations, you need to find the corresponding animations that Clod has and replace them, to isolate these and detail what each is won't take a terribly long time and there are several methods to do this.

Wolfman may notice that I released Cait Sith and not the base one for Nanaki, I can detail how to do this, but I dislike simply releasing what will not impart any wisdom or skill and rob the thrill of discovery from the community.

In order to install this, you can drag and drop the new animations and aebc.hrc into your char.lgp, but you can change the base model however you wish, as it is now, it's the default Cloud.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b57os4d6wyz0qwx/Human+Cait+Sith+field+animations.rar

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
Re: [Release] Human Cait Sith field
« Reply #1 on: 2014-08-03 14:15:11 »
I found that I am still going to have to adjust a lot of animations as the elongated galliant causes a lot of conflicts with my red werewolf's structure. So you can rest assured I am still going to have to learn a lot about animation. :) What I've learned so far about this group is that there are many aspects to modding this game. Animation, design, importing and converting field to battle or vice versa. Everyone here has different attributes. My strength is design. Other people have strengths in other spots while few are strong in all four like you. This community, while it is about learning, is very key on collaboration. I strongly appreciate everything you and cmh have taught me. I also appreciate greatly appreciate what Jeet did to get me a base foundation. All three of you will be heavily credited in my final release for without you guys I would not have been able to do this at all. 

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-08-03 14:22:03 »
Maybe I will come to it if I decide to finish my Loki model.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-08-03 14:24:12 »
I myself was able to do what Jeet did, I was planning on having you spend 2+ weeks trying to get an incomplete Cid animation done before telling you about using Galiant Beast directly, at which point I was going to try to drip feed you bits of information and have you try it yourself, and if it was too much for you, I was going to hand over the completed file along with a detailed note of how I did it, so if anyone asked, you could try to take credit for it and explain how you did it..

And what this thread is regarding is the field animations, which are completely different to the battle ones.

I myself looked at the ratios between Galiant Beast and Red Werewolf, and it won't cause immense issues to use a slightly modified skeleton.

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-08-03 14:38:30 »
I appreciate you kuroda. You and cmh have been my teachers. 100%

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-08-03 14:57:13 »
Also, do keep in mind that there are alot more than simply 4 aspects to modding Final Fantasy 7.

And from what you described, the 3rd and 4th one is essentially the same.

For instance, off the top of my head, there's the Model side as a whole, which includes splicing, importing, scratch and the battle <-> field conersions, as well as general reshaping. (Slayernext's tifa ponytail is a great example of the last one.)

There's kernal side, which includes enemy stat, player stat, attack and anything like that recalibrating, which determines how hard or easy the game is, changing equipment names, stats, effects, materia slots, what equipment we can get as well as changing enemy AI or creating entirely new enemies that also enables brand new player spells or twisting already existing ones into new animations, effects and rebalancings as a whole, and from this, you can combine new spells/limit breaks with unique models to create entirely new effects, such as changing matra magic into projectile swords, or changing blade beam into a dragon.

There's the event side, which determines the actual events that happen in the game, you can add or remove characters, include new boss battles, add new shops or do immensely time consuming aspects and do things like a 100% proper character replacement mod, such as making Sephiroth appear instead of Cloud, by going into every level, changing his associated hrp and animations so the game doesn't crash for an authentic experience, instead of just seeing Sephiroth be in Cloud's shoes with the normal animations.

The text side is an extensive of the event side, but there is an overall character limit within the game, and for each level, and if you exceed it, then you can have so many issues, from the game crashing, to events not working correctly.

There's more, but I really need to dash right now, as well as certain effects that can only work with a hybrid and combination of the others, I'll describe what I mean later.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-08-03 15:03:48 »
I may need your help at some point... because one day I want to do this for the Reunion.  Removing Cait out and placing in a human spy operative.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-08-03 15:11:42 »
No problem, I have the 100% field animations done, if you need it for a project, I can get you set up with a human spy at any time, I also have the files for Nanaki.

But for Cait Sith, I have Cloud and Tifa's skeletons available if you want a male or female spy.

In the first project I did this for, I replaced Cait Sith with a male gambler  that owed a huge debt to the Gold Saucer, unable to pay, they sold him for experimental testing at Shinra, who used him as a tracking device to see where his exact location is, his left eye is replaced with a camera and his ear is a microphone, in order to hide this, he just has longer hair covering his ear, and he wears sunglasses.

His combat style was the same as Cloud's because he was trained under Soldier briefly to give him real world combat experience, but I dummied his limit breaks because he's far too inexperienced to have any.

Edit 1
I may need your help at some point... because one day I want to do this for the Reunion.  Removing Cait out and placing in a human spy operative.

Well, I suppose I just want to be a tit and shouldn't get any publicity.

If you want your human spy, then you can find out what the proper field animations are yourself and replace them, you have the base ones here.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 11:11:02 by Kuroda Masahiro »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-08-07 20:04:38 »
Well, I suppose I just want to be a tit and shouldn't get any publicity.

?
« Last Edit: 2014-08-07 20:07:19 by DLPB »