Author Topic: Chocobo Racing Mod texture glitch  (Read 4108 times)

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy VII Kids - Let's Play
Chocobo Racing Mod texture glitch
« on: 2014-05-09 15:21:07 »

I'm having problems with non-chibi Cloud's texture in the chocobo racing mini-game... I've tried various different mods, The Reunion, HQ Models for Unconverted STEAM/SE FF7 Rerelease, but no
matter what I use, I can't seem to make it work. Whenever I try and use the high-poly version of Cloud, he has no texture, just a purple and blue placeholder skin. Anyone have any thoughts on why this might be?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: Chocobo Racing Mod texture glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2014-05-09 15:33:55 »
Could you be more precisely about your system? The models don't use a global texture, only the eyes and mouth are textured. So it is kinda strange to see this.

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2014-05-09 15:50:15 »
Steam 2012 re-release, not downgraded, not using the custom graphics drivers (as so far I haven't needed them). English language version.

All other models in the game are working perfectly, modded or not. When I play the chocobo race as Tifa she works fine, as do all the opponents, it's only Cloud.

Windows 7 64-bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, AMD FX-8350 Eight Core Processor 4.00Ghz
« Last Edit: 2014-05-09 15:52:26 by DrLilo »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-05-09 17:56:13 »
The model has a fake texture slot, because it was the only way to restore the transparency before Borde has fix it in Kimra. The DirectX9 renderer acting a bit strange with it. It's not easy to kill the fake texture slot with out repainting the whole model.
What you can try is to unlgp the Chocobo.lgp and open ea.hrc in Kimera and check if the texture is enabled. Open the model, double click on a part, click on Group Properties and uncheck V_Texture.

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-05-09 21:01:47 »
The model has a fake texture slot, because it was the only way to restore the transparency before Borde has fix it in Kimra. The DirectX9 renderer acting a bit strange with it. It's not easy to kill the fake texture slot with out repainting the whole model.
What you can try is to unlgp the Chocobo.lgp and open ea.hrc in Kimera and check if the texture is enabled. Open the model, double click on a part, click on Group Properties and uncheck V_Texture.

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated. I opened ea.hrc in Kimera. His texture is perfectly fine in Kimera btw, (as it is in biturn). I double clicked his torso. Inside I selected the one available texture option and clicked Group Proerties. V_Texture was indeed checked. I uncheched it and saved.

After recompiling the lgp, in game, Cloud looked exactly the same, no improvement on the above screenshot.

:(

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-05-11 10:56:08 »
I solved this problem (sort of) by using the chibi restoration project's Cloud model parts, combined with the hrc from Reunion and the arms from the vanilla game (since the chocobo race model has hands and forearm combined). It's a botch job, but it worked... Still no idea why the proper Reunion model's textures glitch out, but I'm happy enough for now.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-05-11 11:56:31 »
I will fix it.The new model has mostly not the fake texture, there are some minor parts but it shouldn't be that hard to repaint them. They have forced me to work on Cloud anyway...  :-\

But why are you using the buggy direct3d driver? The opengl custom driver works much better and is more stable. Also an expression of me is that the rerelease has only an internal resolution of 720p, but I have only a max resolution of 1600 x 900 so the difference might be not so visible for me. However the game with the opengl driver does look sharper to me.

DrLilo

• -- Posh Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-05-11 13:29:53 »
I don't want to downgrade my Steam version of the game, doing so is too destructive. I've almost completely modded everything I want in the game without having to, so I don't see the point... My understanding is that this is a prerequisite of the OpenGL driver?