Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850454 times)

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #875 on: 2012-03-02 18:48:44 »
Which I found from this site

http://www.finalfantasy7pc.com/mods/aalis-custom-graphics-driver/
you should try avoiding that site as it has badly outdated mods which could lead to crashes

Iecerint

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: 2012-03-02 21:03:26 »
I didn't take anything from that site apart from the replacement input file.  Other than maybe the FMV issue, I haven't experienced major problems so far apart from what appear to me known mod issues.

Pardon the double-post before.

I've been playing through on a Hardcore playthrough without Aerith revival with intent to follow-up with retranslation+Aerith revival once the next release is out.  However, it's my understanding that, much like the retranslation+Hardcore playthrough, a retranslation+Aerith playthrough are not fully compatible, so it might be better to play the retranslation without Aerith.

What would be the expected behavior if I loaded my current save from an Aerith revival+Hardcore Bootloader?  I'm just past Wutai, if that matters.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: 2012-03-03 00:26:27 »
The Aeris Revival mod only check once to add Aeris back to the party.
If you've passed  the checkpoint, you'll have to use Black Chocobo to edit your save game and add Aeris back.
Using Aeris Revival with Hardcore results in Aeris missing from 3 scenes.  She normally would loiter around spouting a few lines of dialogue.
Also, the Retranslation is not completely compatible with Hardcore and Aeris Revival.
You'll lose the Retranslation on scenes altered by either mod.
The only major conflict is a few lines of dialogue.  Otherwise these mods work together.

Klaw117

• View Profile
« Reply #878 on: 2012-03-03 01:13:31 »
I mentioned before that for some reason, my controls stopped working in various circumstances when restarting the game. I found a very easy way to get the game working again, but this assumes that you made a backup of ff7input.cfg before you started getting errors. Just replace the original with the backup and everything works again.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: 2012-03-03 09:36:29 »
@Iecerint: Thanks for the hint (ff7input.cfg), that's the one i was searching for.

Bootleg.log

Congratulations, your installation was successful (no errors found).

APP.LOG

Code: [Select]
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RXAF (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: YUFI.T03 RXAF
ERROR: could not open file YUFI.T03
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T03
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T03
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RXAG (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: YUFI.T04 RXAG
ERROR: could not open file YUFI.T04
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T04
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T04
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RXAH (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: YUFI.T05 RXAH
ERROR: could not open file YUFI.T05
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T05
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T05
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RXAI (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: YUFI.T06 RXAI
ERROR: could not open file YUFI.T06
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T06
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T06
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RXAJ (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: YUFI.T07 RXAJ
ERROR: could not open file YUFI.T07
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T07
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T07
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RXAK (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: YUFI.T08 RXAK
ERROR: could not open file YUFI.T08
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T08
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T08
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RXAL (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)
ERROR: offset error: YUFI.T09 RXAL
ERROR: could not open file YUFI.T09
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T09
ERROR: COULD NOT LOAD TEXTURE DATA FILE YUFI.T09
ERROR: failed to find file battle/RXAF (LGP) (path: FF7/DATA/BATTLE/EFFECT/HITMARK)

-= PM =-
Those missing texture errors are harmless.
Grimmy corrected most of the battle models so they will no longer produce missing texture errors.
The errors don't affect the game.

Look at: FF7 Unified Model Installer
!
I suggest people wait until U002 before using this since there are some bugs to iron and I am changing installer slightly so the Menu Overhaul is fully compatible with the installer.

DxDiag.txt

Your configuration:
  • Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

• Dedicated Memory: 249 MB

• Current Mode: 1280 x 800

ff7_opengl.cfg

You should change these parameters:

enable_postprocessing = no
use_pbo = no   <= ! ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

Result

Using the Bootleg default install, I haven't noticed any major FMV changes other than retranslation (which I noticed in the Niblheim flashback).  Is this normal, or should the FMVs be noticeably improved?  I just chose all the default options.

I was searching for your FMV problem, but i didn't found anything which could
cause it. If you want i could connect to your computer via >TeamViewer<

You can also do a little test by yourself:
  • Download this program ff7moviedirr2.zip

• Change the movie folder ( FF7 \movies ) to your CD drive ( e.g. E: )

• Put the first CD in your drive (not the installation CD)

• Start FF7 and compare the movies you see now with those you saw before

Iecerint

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: 2012-03-03 16:58:25 »
The Aeris Revival mod only check once to add Aeris back to the party.
If you've passed  the checkpoint, you'll have to use Black Chocobo to edit your save game and add Aeris back.
Using Aeris Revival with Hardcore results in Aeris missing from 3 scenes.  She normally would loiter around spouting a few lines of dialogue.
Also, the Retranslation is not completely compatible with Hardcore and Aeris Revival.
You'll lose the Retranslation on scenes altered by either mod.
The only major conflict is a few lines of dialogue.  Otherwise these mods work together.
Cool!  It looks like I can turn the Hardcore playthrough into an Hardcore+Aerith playthrough without missing too much, and then later I'll be able to get the full Retranslation experience (even if it isn't quite done yet).  I'm excited.

Time to grind out Great Gospel. ^^

Boooster

« Reply #881 on: 2012-03-04 21:42:38 »
Hi, I just installed FF7 using the bootleg patch and everything seemed to have installed great - no errors, and I can run the game and run around and fight.  My only issue is that the battles are a bit strange - when I am in the initial fight with the two soldiers I have two grey bars where my limit should be, both very close to the "Ex-Soldier" where my name is, and there is no blue background indicating the stats area.  I can see my current/max HP though, but the background for the whole right area is 100% transparent (non blue)  When it's my turn I can select fight/magic/item on the left side perfectly fine, but the right side it's just a mess.  Also, it won't let me start the game in full screen mode

Any ideas what the issue might be?  Everything else looks great and seems to be working.  The battle swirl is way too fast, but that doesn't really bother me... it's more important for me to be able to get a clearer picture of what's happening in battle.

Thanks and looking forward to playing!

PS - I can't seem figure out a way to skip FMVs - I'm pretty sure I did check an option allowing this when installing everything.  Is there anything I can do now without re-installing?

Edit:  Just to give a bit more information, when in battle and I go to use magic the current use/max MP is not aligned correctly.  I tried unchecking the "new battle interface" in the configure and it still shows the same problem.  WHen I leave the box checked the bottom area is transparent (I can see the battlefield background in the lower part of my screen), and when I uncheck it the bottom area is all black, with commands being chosen over this area.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-04 21:59:00 by Boooster »

Iecerint

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: 2012-03-04 22:14:03 »
Hi, I just installed FF7 using the bootleg patch and everything seemed to have installed great - no errors, and I can run the game and run around and fight.  My only issue is that the battles are a bit strange - when I am in the initial fight with the two soldiers I have two grey bars where my limit should be, both very close to the "Ex-Soldier" where my name is, and there is no blue background indicating the stats area.  I can see my current/max HP though, but the background for the whole right area is 100% transparent (non blue)  When it's my turn I can select fight/magic/item on the left side perfectly fine, but the right side it's just a mess.  Also, it won't let me start the game in full screen mode
I had this problem, too.  I think it arises because of Aali's 9999 limit breaker fix.  Try disabling that from the configuration and see if it fixes the problem.  Also, try pressing F5-F8 (I think those are the ones) to change the setting of the battle menu (i.e. during battle).

The limit breaker should still have been implemented through the Menu Overhaul mod if you selected the option back then.

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #883 on: 2012-03-04 23:09:12 »
@Boooster:

PS - I can't seem figure out a way to skip FMVs - I'm pretty sure I did check an option allowing this when installing everything.  Is there anything I can do now without re-installing?

To skip FMVs:  CTRL + S

Iecerint

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: 2012-03-05 05:58:49 »
Aerith didn't rejoin after the funeral scene, and Cloud still commented on Sephiroth having killed her.

Is this normal behavior (e.g. does she rejoin later), or does this mean something is wrong?

Vex

« Reply #885 on: 2012-03-06 16:32:17 »
Firstly awesome project! Been about 10 years since I have played FF7 and with these mods its like playing a new clean version.

Secondly, I can't seem to find the save file bootleg keeps. The save file I find in the regular /save folder is not the file I have been playing. Any idea where it is? Im gonna use black chocobo to alter a few minor things. Thanks in advance1!

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #886 on: 2012-03-06 21:34:08 »
@Vex: Look at these folders:

Windows 32bit :
   C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\

Windows 64bit :
   C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\

I'll start off by saying that, I could be 100% wrong on this, but I'll give some input on what I've found out about the UAC and at least Vista.  From other modding communities.   For those that don't wish to turn off their UAC that is.

Inside  C:Users\(name here)\AppData\Local.  Theres a folder called VirtualStore. Inside it is another folder named Program Files (x86)

Or just right click on the .exe file and select 'Run as administrator' from the context menu.
Alternately, right click, select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and check 'Run this program as administrator' and OK.  Then it'll always start with the required privileges.
Then you'll never need to worry about virtual store.

Or just install to a non system folder like 'C:\games\Final Fantasy VII.'

I don't think you can disable the virtual store on Win 7 without some major disadvantages.
But use either of the above methods and it's no problem.

Future^Bacon

« Reply #887 on: 2012-03-07 01:58:54 »
When modding games I find it is a good idea to always install your games on a seperate drive/partition to your windows installation.

I finally got the 'all green; on Bootleg. I have run it and everything is working great! A couple of minor glitches and missing textures I have noticed, but no game-breakers as yet! Great work and thankyou!
« Last Edit: 2012-03-07 07:20:39 by Future^Bacon »

vashtriguner

• View Profile
    • Vashtrigunner Youtube Channel
« Reply #888 on: 2012-03-07 07:56:23 »
I installed FF7 to my D drive with maximum install and made sure my .net 2.0 framework is installed and updated it but i seem to keep getting a stop working error when trying to start BFE.exe even after running it with administrative privileges.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-07 09:02:54 by vashtriguner »

Vex

« Reply #889 on: 2012-03-07 11:17:47 »
@Ugerstl- I went there, oddly its the same file as the other. This file came from before I modded. Which is REALLY odd because I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I even deleted the left over folders from the uninstall.

The only way I can even get to the file I am playing is through bootleg. If I open the game ANY other way its the old file. Really it makes no sense.

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #890 on: 2012-03-07 14:55:12 »
@vashtriguner: Your files are blue colored, are you using NTFS compression ?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: 2012-03-07 15:41:53 »
Sorry, but do you mind explaining what you mean by that? If that is related in any way I'd be surprised, really. AFAIK, blue-colored files were created by programs (i.e. WinRAR, Bootleg, anything that is not done manually), not by compression. I may be wrong though.

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #892 on: 2012-03-07 16:26:59 »
@Vgr: It is only a question which was first in my mind when i looked at his screenshot.

NTFS supports compression which can be selected for files/folders or for the
           whole partition. The Windows Explorer has an option (Folder Options) to
           color files which were compressed or encrypted  =>  blue colored files.

If i had an English windows i had done some screenshots to explain it.

Look at the properties of you folder => extended => compression
« Last Edit: 2012-03-07 17:51:03 by UGerstl »

vashtriguner

• View Profile
« Reply #893 on: 2012-03-08 01:12:35 »
@UGerstl Yes they are compressed is that a problem will it affect BFE
Well I uncompressed the files but the problem still persists.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-08 01:20:43 by vashtriguner »

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #894 on: 2012-03-08 09:30:22 »
@vashtriguner: I have tried to reproduce your error, but with no luck.
                         If you want, i can connect to your computer via >TeamViewer<.
                         Sorry, but i don't know at the moment what causes this problem.

@Vex: Please download/install and start this software:  Everything search engine
           Now search for save*.ff7 :

Edit 1

@vashtriguner: Is your Windows up-to-date ?  (Service Pack 1 + all updates)
« Last Edit: 2012-03-14 03:58:28 by UGerstl »

vashtriguner

• View Profile
« Reply #895 on: 2012-03-09 01:13:09 »
@UGerstl Yeah I've been updating it and tried fixing my .net and everything but I was able to get it to work by doing a fresh install of windows 7

Vex

« Reply #896 on: 2012-03-09 12:58:32 »
Next question. Im using FF7music with the premade ocremix listed in the big list of stuff ;) Why is it that nothing will play for battle or fanfare? I did something to get it working breifly but its back to silence!

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: 2012-03-09 13:01:31 »
Please post your config.

Mewsin (aka Zendar)

• i share everything i make (the Answer is yes)
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: 2012-03-09 13:09:57 »
Next question. Im using FF7music with the premade ocremix listed in the big list of stuff ;) Why is it that nothing will play for battle or fanfare? I did something to get it working breifly but its back to silence!

if you use vista/win 7 try turning on or off Compatibility mode and make sure they always run as administrator
if that doesnt work send VGR the config he asked for

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: 2012-03-09 13:14:20 »
Vex,
How did you setup the OCRemix tracks?
Those tracks are already installed as MP3's when you run Bootleg.
To enable the OCRemix soundtrack:
Run FF7Music.exe from \FF7Music\ in the game folder.
Click on CONFIGURE.
Select the FILES tab.
In the drop down list under PROFILE, select MP3 (REMIXED).
Click SAVE AND EXIT.

Now the game will run with the OCRemix tracks.