Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850476 times)

Lutherian

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #1250 on: 2012-06-02 13:59:20 »
Hi there, is there no solution to my "Access denied" problem with Bootleg ?

wind

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: 2012-06-02 15:57:20 »

Make sure your ff7 installation isn't in a system folder, program files and the desktop count as such. I suggest the root directory of a drive, like "D:/FF7Install" Also, don't allow spaces anywhere in the paths for folders. Especially the temp, as this is where I had a problem. I suggest "D:/temp" Also change the compatibility settings on BFE.exe and Bootleg.exe. Make sure compatibility modes are off but they are run as administrator, and any UAC prompts are allowed.

After checking those, if you still have problems, try taking ownership of any folders and files your using for the installation. Its a registry edit, but I use it every once in awhile. Its nice to have in the right click menu. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

I hope that helps.
« Last Edit: 2012-06-02 16:16:37 by windgod14 »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: 2012-06-02 16:11:21 »
Also make sure UAC is set to off aswell as anti-virus and also make sure to run it as administrator

Mythic Prime

« Reply #1253 on: 2012-06-03 00:23:24 »
I'm having trouble getting some of the specific mods in the list.

Any of the ones on adf.ly (ff7music_install_15113.exe  and   OSTRe.7z) says the user is getting too much traffic and have been shut down temporarily, but its been like this every time I try.

The link for MO.exe gets an Error 404 whenever I click it.

Are there any alternate places to download these items? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Check this topic for current mirrors http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12503.0 and I also remember reading the links will be fixed for 0039.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: 2012-06-03 03:08:26 »
So....I made it to the rope bridge on Mt. Corel, and in the middle of the bridge my party members came out and started doing motions. Text boxes popped up, but there was no words in them. What did I miss?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1255 on: 2012-06-03 05:32:47 »
So....I made it to the rope bridge on Mt. Corel, and in the middle of the bridge my party members came out and started doing motions. Text boxes popped up, but there was no words in them. What did I miss?

20:20 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03Z4qrt0zU --- I get the same thing.

Up to Mideel, I've only experienced this situation a handful of times. I remember one popping up around the Welcoming Ceremony in Junon. Can't remember the other occurrences, but they are few and far between.

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: 2012-06-03 13:21:56 »
I can explain that one, there's a patch in touphScript that fixes and inserts a few things, I think PitBrat must have enabled the scene that was cut out of mtcrl_9, but there's no text to go with it, it needs to be ripped from the psx version first.

PitBrat you need to set mtcrl_9 = 0 in touphScript.ini (or grab the text).

Ancient_Juan

• View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: 2012-06-03 18:51:47 »
Hey folks!  I'm back with yet another annoying question. The Bootleg installer has been working great, and with a few manual tweaks here and there, I've got the best install of the game I've ever played so far...with one exception.  This annoying glitch with "Timu's+keylon's+Asmodeans Barret Model" where Barret will preform a melee attack with a ranged weapon is starting to work my nerves!!  I remember seeing a post some were that showed a way to manually fix it (I believe Pitbrat provided a fix?) but can't find it anywhere on the forums.

A link to said page would be awesome! Or if anyone could help me out, that would be awesome too.  I love this forum and all the hard work being poured into these mods, so I apologize if I come off sounding needy.

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: 2012-06-03 19:21:31 »
Luksy,
I do have MTCRL_9 = 0 in the ini.  Bootleg doesn't run Touphscript directly, unless the user selects an option to translate the game to another language.  Could this be from the Menu Overhaul installer?
Anyone experiencing this issue, did you select NO CHANGE for the translation option in BFE?

Ancient_Juan,
There are some bad animation files installed with the Asmodean Barret.  You can replace these files in the battle.lgp archive.
    SBDA, SCDA, SDDA, SEDA
Use the corresponding files from one of the other Timu Sumisu based Barret models.

Kleyon's T&M Barret Field.rar                   Kyo13           HQ Barret Model with New Arm Cannon     Qhimm FILE

This issue is fixed for the upcoming 0039 release.

Ancient_Juan

• View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: 2012-06-03 20:07:20 »
Luksy,
I do have MTCRL_9 = 0 in the ini.  Bootleg doesn't run Touphscript directly, unless the user selects an option to translate the game to another language.  Could this be from the Menu Overhaul installer?
Anyone experiencing this issue, did you select NO CHANGE for the translation option in BFE?

Ancient_Juan,
There are some bad animation files installed with the Asmodean Barret.  You can replace these files in the battle.lgp archive.
    SBDA, SCDA, SDDA, SEDA
Use the corresponding files from one of the other Timu Sumisu based Barret models.

Kleyon's T&M Barret Field.rar                   Kyo13           HQ Barret Model with New Arm Cannon     Qhimm FILE

Thanx Pit! I'll give that a shot!  I need to see if I can get some other mods working first, so I'll let you know how it works out soon.

Ancient_Juan

• View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: 2012-06-03 20:49:56 »
Hmmm.... Having some trouble trying to determine which files to replace with the ones you've shown here.  I will probably just switch over to a different model until your new installer is released.  I've got to run the bootleg once more to fix some other issues I'm having so it seems this would be the easiest thing to do for now.   

popnlocke

« Reply #1261 on: 2012-06-03 21:17:40 »
Just registered for the forums to say thanks for this great auto installation tool, and thanks to all the mod creators.

Just hover over the check boxes, and it'll display what they do.

I tried that. It only works under the first tab. But when I go through the other tabs, no display pops up after that, even when I go back to the first tab the hover displays won't pop up again. Do you know a way to fix that?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: 2012-06-04 01:28:56 »
The menu overhaul does come with script fix when translation selected.  The dialogue has not been translated yet or added (PC originally removed it.  It is still present in PSX game.  Hence with PC all you will get are blank boxes). I will make sorting this a priority for R04.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: 2012-06-04 17:13:45 »
Luksy,

Yes, I had selected NO CHANGE when mine occurred. Since then, I've selected English Text and haven't seen an issue yet.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: 2012-06-04 18:42:38 »
The menu overhaul does come with script fix when translation selected.  The dialogue has not been translated yet or added (PC originally removed it.  It is still present in PSX game.  Hence with PC all you will get are blank boxes). I will make sorting this a priority for R04.

Do you plan on getting rid of it or find someone that can translate the text and then put it in the boxes?

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: 2012-06-04 22:47:35 »
Do you plan on getting rid of it or find someone that can translate the text and then put it in the boxes?

haha. fucking awesome

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: 2012-06-05 08:37:16 »
Luksy,

Ancient_Juan,
    SBDA, SCDA, SDDA, SEDA

Unfortunately the only battle model to download doesn't contain the corresponding files.

Reat

« Reply #1267 on: 2012-06-07 12:25:01 »
How would I go about disabling the new sfx? I'd like to use the default ones.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: 2012-06-07 13:24:34 »
You can disable the sound fx by replacing .\data\sound\audio.dat and .\data\sound\audio.fmt with the vanilla versions.
If you're doing a new install of Bootleg, just untick the NEW SFX option.

The necessary Barret animations are also included in the Avalanche installer.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: 2012-06-07 21:27:49 »
The necessary Barret animations are also included in the Avalanche installer.

I tested this and there is still a small issue in the animation. He will jump towards the mob as if he's performing a Mug, but then fires his gun like normal instead of doing the melee attack. What I did to test this:

1. Clean install of the game.
2. Installed the Asmodean Barret under Battle options from the latest UMI.exe.
3. Extracted the 4 corresponding files (sbda, scda, sdda, seda) from battle.lpg.
4. Another clean install of the game, followed by a Timu+Kleyon+Asmodean install through Bootleg.
5. Copied and replaced the 4 files in battle.lpg.

I could have done step 2 wrong. When you mentioned Avalanche installer, I tried the Avalanche Hi Res installer but didn't find the files. I believe you when you say it's fixed for 0039, so this is not to knock your efforts. I am just posting to learn as I'm slowly piecing together things. It's exciting to learn how the game works  :)
« Last Edit: 2012-06-07 21:29:28 by EQ2Alyza »

sarikuya

« Reply #1270 on: 2012-06-08 20:00:38 »
Yay, I fixed it for my computer.

I finally got this running after removing the Team Avalanche GUI mod from the install folders so it never was applied. Now my game is running perfectly, with all of the other mods running just fine. I'm not sure what about said GUI mod disagrees with my system, but...

Now I'm running in HD settings and it's looking gorgeous. Maybe for 0039 give an option so this... doesn't  need to run? Even if I had 'Menu Overhaul' ticked off it seemed to run the installer.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: 2012-06-08 20:04:58 »
There is already an option to disable the Avalanche installer.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: 2012-06-09 23:44:32 »
I've just installed the mod using bootleg configuration. However, I ran into the problem of not being able to successfully install ff7music during bootleg configuration. The second problem was the first fight with guards at train, the game just crashes with a message saying "Something very bad has happen..." I have installed this on system folder program. I know this is a no brainer, but can anyone tell me the steps to saving the files on non system folder? I've tried saving it on the drive that is used to install the game, but it has no room. I'm not sure the problem, but will give this a try if anyone can show me. :-(

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: 2012-06-10 02:50:14 »
Okay, so I used "Take Ownership" and now everything seem to installed. However, it still crashes at first battle. I've tried safe setting and it still crashes. I'm using the original version of FF7 pc. Now I'm clueless. I have the dmp file, but I'm still trying to open it. I will post it when I open it, but if anyone has any suggestions for the time being, feel free to let me know. Thanks.

ineedhelp

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: 2012-06-10 04:26:41 »
Okay, so I think this is what it is.

DMP file shows:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\crash.dmp]
User Mini Dump File: Only registers, stack and portions of memory are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: SingleUserTS Personal
Machine Name:
Debug session time: Sat Jun  9 20:25:10.000 2012 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: not available
Process Uptime: 0 days 0:02:51.000
This dump file has an exception of interest stored in it.
The stored exception information can be accessed via .ecxr.
(ddc.b48): Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)
eax=00000000 ebx=0daef2d0 ecx=00000ed8 edx=0091c340 esi=0daef290 edi=001740c4
eip=77340c22 esp=00173d84 ebp=00173d94 iopl=0         nv up ei pl zr na pe nc
cs=0023  ss=002b  ds=002b  es=002b  fs=0053  gs=002b             efl=00000246
ntdll!NtGetContextThread+0x12:
77340c22 83c404          add     esp,4

APP.log shows:

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2509
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: No shaders, codecs with YUV output will be slow.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\movies\opening.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.466667, frames: 1792
INFO: slow output format from video codec h264; 0
UNEXPECTED: zero count
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
GLITCH: Vsync seems to be forced ON, battle swirl framelimiter will not work
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL