Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1850329 times)

Notorious

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation
« Reply #2150 on: 2012-12-05 13:10:12 »
Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 x64, I've downloaded the Bootleg0039 and try opening BFE.exe but it just stopped working right away. But I can open it on another computer even without Final Fantasy VII installed.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: 2012-12-05 13:42:00 »
Read first post. You need the Visual Studio 2010 runtimes libraries.

Notorious

• View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: 2012-12-05 14:08:46 »
Oh thanks Vgr, I didn't see that and thought only NET Framework is needed, I found something about Microsoft Visual at http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12008.msg167326#msg167326, so I'm going to try that  :)

Update: Nope, after that it's still the same, I think my OS is messed up somehow, probably have to reformat the whole thing or wait to see if 0040 works :|
« Last Edit: 2012-12-05 14:23:51 by Notorious »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: 2012-12-05 17:57:49 »
@ Notorious
I had the same problem as you i stupidly force uninstalled .Net2 on my vista pc >.< took me months to fix it but also a simple reformat will do the trick and use windows update if you don't wanna fix it manually

Notorious

• View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: 2012-12-06 07:07:39 »
@ Notorious
I had the same problem as you i stupidly force uninstalled .Net2 on my vista pc >.< took me months to fix it but also a simple reformat will do the trick and use windows update if you don't wanna fix it manually

Hahaha I hear you, I also did the same thing with the NET Framework, uninstall, install again, didn't know Windows 7 has build-in Framework 2.0-3.5, crack my head trying to install 3.5 SP1 which didn't do anything lol. And yes I guess formatting the whole thing will be the easiest thing to do now.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: 2012-12-06 13:30:41 »
^ If you want you could try this tool i think it helped me:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135
It basically repairs them or choose to uninstall and then redwonload by windows update i think and it should be solved :D ... or you could still simply format again lol no harm in trying i guess

Notorious

• View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: 2012-12-07 14:31:26 »
^ If you want you could try this tool i think it helped me:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135
It basically repairs them or choose to uninstall and then redwonload by windows update i think and it should be solved :D ... or you could still simply format again lol no harm in trying i guess

Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried it and it doesn't seem to help  :-[ Guess is time to refresh haha. I still enjoy FF7 as it is now though hah

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2157 on: 2012-12-07 16:16:07 »
I usually do a fresh install of my OS once a year. It's like cleaning my house. The process makes me :cry: but the results make me :-D

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: 2012-12-07 17:11:11 »
Lol paranoid huh? yeah i guess it just feels nice somehow when your fresh ;D i haven't fresh installed my vista for 4-5 years :o

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: 2012-12-07 18:00:52 »
Vista ? What an horror.. :D

Notorious

• View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: 2012-12-08 06:48:03 »
I usually do a fresh install of my OS once a year. It's like cleaning my house. The process makes me :cry: but the results make me :-D

Hahah yes I use to do that, is like spring cleaning, but now I only do it when there's problems like this one, installing stuff as a go along, but reinstalling all games, is a pain :D

Lol paranoid huh? yeah i guess it just feels nice somehow when your fresh ;D i haven't fresh installed my vista for 4-5 years :o

4-5 years on Vista? Now that's impressive man hehehe

Fthomknight

• View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: 2012-12-09 00:37:30 »
Thanks Pit Brat...  im past that part now thanks to you...   Now new ?.   Does "ultraHD Fan made remake" by jinkazama2k7 work with bootleg?   or anyone know how to make it work?   the install for it will only work if game is installed to C:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII   and if I intall there instead of C:\\Games\FF7 i cant get the disc error registry error to go away.   Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks again.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: 2012-12-09 00:58:59 »
....by jinkazama2k7....

We don't associate with that name. It's not legal work.

Fthomknight

• View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: 2012-12-09 01:41:06 »
Thanks... sorry to ask so many ?'s...  Any update on 40?   im currently downloading the mod torrent... once downloaded do i need to unzip and unppack all rar etc into the mod folder or just drop everything as is into mod folder?   just hoping to have latest and greatest before i deploy fri..
« Last Edit: 2012-12-09 01:45:39 by Fthomknight »

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: 2012-12-09 02:05:15 »
put everything as-is in the folder, Bootleg does the rest. and yes, junk-whatever its name is is illegal, ripped from other games but he didn't even do it himself, he stole it from other people who put their hearts into doing so (and I respect that, I've never seen their work be leaked except for junk and kula).

Fthomknight

• View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: 2012-12-09 12:54:14 »
Hopefully last ?'s.   Ok.. followed all instructions from tifa tutorial on bootleg.... and video from EQ2Alyza.   From the video i did not see the Fixed field stuf to extract...  was that already included in the torrent so was automaticly done?   second i followed the vid for AH audio install...  will get to issue in a sec.    set up loader exactly as tifa's pics  1920X1080 ...I did not check the box in bootleg for the 9999 so can i check it in the loader?    The game runs all opening vides and audio work.  Now apon starting to play on train station and in first battle there is no music... sound effects work but no audio.  Also i saved on the train platform as soon as game started... is there a way either with save edit or something to mod char stats?  ex if i wanted to raise his hp or str before first fight?   Any help would be appreciated.   Also if will make a lil easier .. please direct message me .. and maybe could yim or even phone call...  again im deploying fri would like all up and running smooth before i cant do anything about it.. lol.   Thanks again this has been awsome so far.
« Last Edit: 2012-12-09 13:05:30 by Fthomknight »

Guardian4

• View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: 2012-12-09 14:06:17 »
I'd like to say thank you so much for this program. It makes modding my beloved Final Fantasy VII game so much easier. It's been a long, long time since I'd thought to check for updated mods and thanks to this program, I've found others that I like a lot more than what I had. Can't wait for a .40 release!

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: 2012-12-09 14:42:22 »
Fthomknight,
No music on the first train platform is a known issue.  The music will start after the first battle or when Cloud enters the next scene.
You can use Black Chocobo to edit save games.
In order to make this work before the first battle, you'll also need to enable the Save Anywhere function.

Black_Chocobo-1.9.7_win32.exe                   Sithlord48      Tool to edit save games                 Qhimm HOME FILE

racompave

• View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: 2012-12-10 23:19:29 »
Hi, I have just installed FF7 with Bootleg 040RC2 (Lots of thanks to PitBrat for sending it to me! ). I tried the new Nightmare Mod but unfortunatly this mod is messed up, when I enter into a battle the game plays different battle themes like the chocobo theme in the mako reactor nº1 (wtf?) . Also background music plays only one time and then it stops. And finally the scenario where Jessie teaches you to climb and jump is bugged and you cant reach the next area.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: 2012-12-11 00:54:01 »
When using the Nightmare Conversion, you can't use any other modifications.
Don't turn on the 9999 limit break patch.
Don't change the soundtrack.  Nightmare comes with its own soundtrack.
Make sure you have all of the necessary Nightmare files.  The soundtrack is a separate download.
The final release of Bootleg will better implement the Nightmare Conversion.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: 2012-12-11 02:39:40 »
The Nightmare overhaul rotates between 4 BGMs. The chocobo track is one of them. However, they were changed, so having the OST is almost mandatory. It's quite good, too.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2171 on: 2012-12-11 04:15:52 »
Hi, I have just installed FF7 with Bootleg 040RC2 (Lots of thanks to PitBrat for sending it to me! ). I tried the new Nightmare Mod but unfortunatly this mod is messed up, when I enter into a battle the game plays different battle themes like the chocobo theme in the mako reactor nº1 (wtf?) . Also background music plays only one time and then it stops. And finally the scenario where Jessie teaches you to climb and jump is bugged and you cant reach the next area.

You need to talk to Barret there, Cloud climbs down automatically then.
The battle BGM rotates because I made a script for that. If you don't have the OST that is mandatory for this mod, then you're going to have a LOT of messed up music. I have no idea what happened with your background music because it works fine for me and nobody else has reported any issues whatsoever with this.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: 2012-12-11 18:20:58 »
I discovered quite a few bugs in the way RC2 installs the Nightmare Conversion.
Installation of the soundtrack and hardcore models was broken.
There's probably still some way to break the installation, but I think I have it pretty well locked down now.

tifalockheart1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: 2012-12-12 18:17:47 »
Hello folks is there a link to a torrent for all the mods that include a the new ones and the updated ones and what not thanks.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: 2012-12-12 19:02:54 »
Hello folks is there a link to a torrent for all the mods that include a the new ones and the updated ones and what not thanks.

There will be once the next Bootleg is released.