Author Topic: Any know how to get the Steam Overlay/Steam Link working with 7th Heaven?  (Read 3778 times)

Buster

• View Profile
I really want to play FF7 on my tablet through Steam Link but I can't get the overlay working when launching through 7th Heaven.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
I really want to play FF7 on my tablet through Steam Link but I can't get the overlay working when launching through 7th Heaven.

It will not the the built in game convertor inside the 7th heaven installer automatically disables the steam overlay. Hence why Steam achievements are disabled as well, the overlay effects a lot of the mods so sorry you are out of luck.

mackoz

• View Profile
i got it working by running steam as admin and then adding the 7th heaven installation of FF7 as a custom game. not sure if it'll work with steam link though, i was just trying to get the overlay working so i can use my ps4 controller without remapping a bunch of things. here's the steps:
1. change steam and 7th heaven to run as admin (right click -> properties -> compatibility tab -> enable "run this program as admin")
2. launch steam and add 7th heaven and ff7 (7th heaven version) as custom games
3. launch 7th heaven thru steam (there shouldn't be a UAC popup anymore)
4. launch ff7 thru 7th heaven

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
i got it working by running steam as admin and then adding the 7th heaven installation of FF7 as a custom game. not sure if it'll work with steam link though, i was just trying to get the overlay working so i can use my ps4 controller without remapping a bunch of things. here's the steps:
1. change steam and 7th heaven to run as admin (right click -> properties -> compatibility tab -> enable "run this program as admin")
2. launch steam and add 7th heaven and ff7 (7th heaven version) as custom games
3. launch 7th heaven thru steam (there shouldn't be a UAC popup anymore)
4. launch ff7 thru 7th heaven

make sure you do steps 3 and 4 in big picture mode and it should work with steam link