Author Topic: Laptop w/Radeon result in bad graphic + white background hlp  (Read 2375 times)

aliensquare

i have a redeon graphics card in my laptop.
my laptop is hp paviion ze5500 fyi.

the 8Bit Palett thing is at Fail.

so i have installed a patch from the FAQ section of this forum and it let me choose 3D Hardware Acceleration from the menu by choosing nVidia -TNT.

so i got through the 'battle swirling effects' and the game continued on (since i always froze there). but the graphics are horrible and randomly parts of screen go white or the whole background (except characters) become white.

i think i just cant find any solution because i have radeon (not a nVidia graphics card), but radeon is a big company and i believe that there should be a solution to this somewhere.

thanks for all your help!
btw, what is FSAA?

qwerty

• View Profile
Laptop w/Radeon result in bad graphic + white background hlp
« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-17 17:17:14 »
FSAA would be a form of anti-aliasing I believe. Anti-aliasing is the option that disable the jagged-ness of the polygons (also known as "jaggies").
View this topic:http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=3213

As for your actual problem, I would try to use a lower graphics setting. Used to happen to me all the time on other games until I turned down the settings...

aliensquare

« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-18 14:53:52 »
how do u lower the settings?
and i just got rivatuner, but nothing is listed under that 'little triangle icon drop down' list.
maybe because i have ATI?

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-18 23:15:09 »
Just lower the resolution on the game or use less options.

The FSAA option WOULD make the game slower.

dickie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-19 14:49:31 »
try it on software rendering. and if that fails try with nvidia box both checked and unchecked.. i dunno what to say i have similar problems but they are fixed with software rendering enabled...