Author Topic: FF8 related -> Character textures  (Read 2566 times)

Amrita

FF8 related -> Character textures
« on: 2006-05-20 12:31:16 »
Hello, everyone~
Well, I just wanted to ask if there's a way to replace the character's textures in FF8 with custom-made ones... I really want to mess around with those, since I am a little sick of their outfits by now. XD

Oh, plus, is there a way to edit the menu look via hacking and replacing? The cursor? Anything? =o

Thanks for any replies~

angel wings

Re: FF8 related -> Character textures
« Reply #1 on: 2006-05-21 04:30:23 »
hmm...i saw this guy who said he managed to rip off the ff8 skins from his playstation game. here's the file: http://www.geocities.com/gardenofseed/FF8skins.zip

here's his original post
I didn't know where to post this exactley,so i posted it here.
Yes,its like i said in the topic,i've managed to rip the actual skins used in final fantasy 8 the playstation game and compacted them in to one easy zip file,well,not all of them,but the main characters.
All the main characters are inside,galbadian soldiers,seed uniforms,ultimecia,even their weapon skins are in here!

BUT,they come with one problem,their about 2 inches tall,and I can't enlarge them without extreme quality loss,so if you can do that,you have yourself a decent FF8 skin to work with.
It isn't just for the sims,use it for whatever you feel like,I just think there aren't enough FF8 skins out there of a good quality,the ones i've found (not here though) seem to be ones people have thrown together,given very very loose resemblence and figured "that looks like him,up it goes".
Hopefully this will inspire more skins,and when you cant do something that well yourself,best thing is to step aside and let the people hwo know what their doing try.
So here they are,enjoy.

Amrita

« Reply #2 on: 2006-05-25 00:47:43 »
Thanks a lot~! Now, is there any way to store the files back into the Playstation game or even into the PC version?

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #3 on: 2006-05-25 11:50:37 »
I can imagine how it could be done to field models, but I have no time to create such tool, sorry. Nor do I know whether there is such tool.

angel wings

« Reply #4 on: 2006-05-26 22:49:07 »
i remember this guy making a video of ff8 gaiden. it has biggs, wedge, sefier, Fujin, and Raijin as the players and there was a video of fujin. raijin, and seifer battling a monster. so it might me possible to change field models.

The whole thing was a joke though :-(

Amrita

« Reply #5 on: 2006-06-17 10:26:11 »
Hmm, well, then we'll have to wait until FF8 reaches its "modding phase"... Which might take a while. XD
Thanks for your posts anyway~