Author Topic: So weapons anyone?  (Read 58020 times)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Re: So weapons anyone?
« Reply #75 on: 2007-04-17 00:58:21 »
XD dw nice work sendem round and I'll putem ingame I'l also post up pics of those weapons i said I'd put in last week  :lol:.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007-04-17 01:17:56 »
Give me untill a little bit later tonight, I onl have 2 more swords to finish up and I got all of Cloud's weapons done. I got a list of all the weapons and where you get them, so I figured that I'd use that to come up with what weapons to replace with what.

Here's the Chainsaw Blade. Now all I have to do is finish the texture on the Junk Sword, and I'll almost be done. Here's a list of Cloud's Weapons and what they replace:

Buster Sword stays.
Shin-Ra Powerblade- Stolen from SOLDIER: 3rd in Shin-Ra Tower (Replaces Hardedge)
Zack's Sword- Shop in Kalm Town (Replaces Mythril Saber)
Shin-Ra Collector's Blade- 150+ Performing in Junon, shop in North Corel (Replaces Force Stealer)
Toxic's Keyblade- Shop in Cosmo Canyon (Replaces Butterfly Edge)
Buster Axe- Nibelheim Mountains (Replaces Rune Blade)
Junk Sword- Man outside of Shop in Rocket Town (replaces Yoshiyuki)
Helix Blade- Shop in Wutai (Replaces Murasame)
Smash Hammer- Temple of the Ancients (Replaces Nail Bat)
Souba- Shop at Icicle Inn (replaces Organics)
Master Sword- Gaea's Cliff (Replaces Enhance Sword)
Lightsaber- Shop in Mideel (Replaces Crystal Sword)
Chainsaw Blade- Downed Shin-Ra plane (replaces Heaven's Cloud)
Thanatos- Ancient Forest (Replaces Apocalypse)
???- Defeat Proud Clod (I haven't made this one yet)
First Sword- Defeat Ultima Weapons (Replaces Ultima Sword)
« Last Edit: 2007-04-18 04:51:28 by andrewmarsh13 »

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007-04-17 03:16:06 »
I noticed your taking inspiration from other sources so here is another game that contains weapons that you might like, its called Monster Hunter its a Capcom Game

Weapons types in game:
Great sword types
Hammers
Sword'n Shields
Lances
Dual swords
bowguns

Monster Hunter 2 weapons (wasn't released in US)
Bows
Gunlance
Hunting Horn
Samurai Sword

Here are some sample pics
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/Ace266/MH2weps.gif
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/Ace266/mh2char2.gif

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007-04-17 03:30:00 »
Hum monster hunter!!!
Here is my topic on metagames (french forum) about MHfreedom2 on PSP:
56K High WARNING!! About 10MO the page! Yeah i love pictures!!

http://www.metagames-eu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82700

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007-04-17 11:23:24 »
The Smash Hammer and Chainsaw Blade are great looking, did you change the NailBat slot so that it takes Materia now or is it just the same?

Actually is it even possible to change that? :?

Vyper

« Reply #80 on: 2007-04-17 15:45:57 »
so anyway i found this board with some help from someone from another board (not sure what his username is on this one :P)

anyway, how about a new masamune? that would be freaking kickass!

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007-04-18 01:59:25 »
Okay idea time. I need to make one more sword, should it be a serious FF7-world sword, or a novelty sword. I don't have any ideas right now for the FF7-world one, but I was thinking that if I wanted to go novelty that I would make the Soul Calibur.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007-04-18 02:59:42 »
That's nightmares massive sword yeah? If so definitely yes, infact i might see if i can rip it from the game.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007-04-18 03:58:54 »
No that's the Soul Edge I think, I'm talking about the blue one. I'm going to make Cloud's version of it.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007-04-18 04:35:26 »
Oh ok well I'm still gonna see if a can get my hands on the soul edge, and see what that looks like on cloud.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007-04-18 15:19:07 »
Oh ok well I'm still gonna see if a can get my hands on the soul edge, and see what that looks like on cloud.

There is a mod for morrowind called Nightmare Fixed (containing SoulEdge as well) . Maybe you can used the meshes (nif format) .

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007-04-18 23:27:25 »
I'll see I'm gonna have to contact the mod maker first and ask permission, I don't wanna just steal it from him  :lol:.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007-04-18 23:35:29 »
I already found a Soul Edge Model and E-Mailed the creator asking if we could use it, so don't worry about it. I'm just waiting for a reply

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007-04-19 00:40:26 »
Author : Elric Melnibone.

http://www.elricm.com/index.htm

Screen:

Direct Download:
http://www.elricm.com/nuke/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=getit&lid=2382

Quotes from readme:
Nightmare Armor - Finished Version

Nightmare Armor meshes and Souledge mesh by Vlix/Max Edwin.

Special Usage Comments:

I remember that Max Edwin posted in 2004 that he was happy that his Swords of Morrowind pack had been
uploaded to Euro-RPG,and he kept that link at his site for a long time, rather than reupload it to his site.
So he was glad to see his work kept available.  If this mod becomes unavailable again, please do upload it
to a mod download site.  But please, also keep it intact and unchanged, including this readme.

I also remember reading on his site that it was OK for others to use his work in mods.
So it's OK for this armor and weapon to be used in mods.  Please include this readme with your mod.

Quoted directly from http://roninproductions.tv/vlix/ :

--------

All the models are created from scratch by myself, only the texture that are not completely my works

--------

Who Am I ???????

- Name : Max Edwin
- School Major : Multimedia
- my email : [email protected] (pls ask me first if u want to add my msn, there r too many unknown ppl on my list >_<......)
- Nationality : Indonesian ( im not a native english speaker, sorry for my bad english :-) )

I think you don't need his agrrement (see above) , but if you absolutely want it, send him an email.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007-04-19 01:54:49 »
Waddya reckon andrew you wanna go with this one?

**EDIT**  :lol: I didn't see your post so i went ahead and started converting this one, well I'll post a screen of this up later but I'll wait for you to get a reply from your guy.

**EDIT 2** heres some screens.

« Last Edit: 2007-04-19 04:07:05 by squeeble »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007-04-19 02:09:35 »
also note that the meshes contained in the archive are in NIF format, i think there is a plugin for 3dsmax 5 and 6 , and maybe 7-8 , you'll have to google for them.

Vyper

« Reply #91 on: 2007-04-19 04:03:02 »
no masamune?

me = sad

:cry:

see that? that's my sad face. please make it go away.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007-04-19 04:09:15 »
I don't think the masamune would look right on cloud because of the way he holds his sword, not to mention when he puts it on his back after a battle it would appear to clip through the ground.

**EDIT** ROFL!!

Better  :lol:

Hope you don't mind but i had to do a bit of editing on it so it fit his hands properly.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-19 04:46:21 by squeeble »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007-04-19 05:22:33 »
wow squeeble; you're a god, ahem, after my Almighty little Sephiroth off course  :-D
Anyway, may i suggest some swords? if yes i will dig up some mod files or directly nif files from my HDD lol. Or you could search for them on planetelderscrolls ...

Well SoulEdge is a very good sword, well too good,  too detailed to fit ingame i guess.

Anyway you're very talented at 3d i see. Don't even know how you imported the model? Did you find the NIF importer?? I know there is one for milkshape or blender around ...

GREAT JOB man.  :wink:

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007-04-19 05:26:05 »
 :lol: I just googled .nif plugin max, see google can find anything lol. I'm not sure what you mean to detailed to fit ingame i already posted ingame screens of it?

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007-04-19 05:47:10 »
Yeah, I like the Soul Edge better than the one I got anways. The Smash Hammer looks awesome in game by the way.

Vyper: No Masamune for Cloud. Sephiroth already uses it.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-19 05:49:22 by andrewmarsh13 »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007-04-19 09:05:01 »
:lol: I just googled .nif plugin max, see google can find anything lol. I'm not sure what you mean to detailed to fit ingame i already posted ingame screens of it?
I meant the model for the SoulEdge is too much detailed compared to all others 3d models in FFVII . It appears really better than all others.
Like if you put a Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts into FFVII and let oll others besides normal model . He will appear outclassing others in term of quality rendering.

Was it clear?

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007-04-19 09:19:10 »
Well sort of... but I understood what you ment, infact though the soul edge isn't very detailed at all it's just got a nice texture wich happened to be that screenshot you put up earlier :lol:. I'm not sure if they made that or just took a screen shot from something.

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007-04-19 09:26:16 »
I swear that hammer looks like something from that show One Piece.

B Tizo

• Reliving the Fantasy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007-04-19 09:28:49 »
Whacka-Enemy!!!  Seriously, the Smash Hammer looks like the hammer thing on those kiddie games!  Awesome, simply awesome.  I can't wait to use these things.  The chainsaw blade, the Smash Hammer, the helix sword, a lightsaber!  Please, please, please, PLEASE keep up the good work!!