Author Topic: Local save files when using 7th Heaven for FFVII  (Read 5439 times)

Siralextraffo

• View Profile
Local save files when using 7th Heaven for FFVII
« on: 2020-04-19 12:33:52 »
I started playing FF from the 8 and onward, I always heard about 7 being great but I never really had time/patience to deal with the modding part.

Now though, with the remake loaded in my PS4 library, I decided it was time to play the original first.

I'm setting up all the mods with 7th Heaven 2.0 but I'm wondering, if I had to switch between my main PC and the laptop, is there a way to manually copypaste the saves so that I can play from where I left? I know could saves is gone once modded, but I wonder if there's a manual workaround?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: Local save files when using 7th Heaven for FFVII
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-19 16:25:38 »
Your save files don't get touched by mods. Steam saves/loads the files under your Documents folder. The normal (and modded) game saves them under your \save\ folder in your FF7 directory. Copy your saves from Steam to the regular path. You can copy those save files between computers too, of course.

Siralextraffo

• View Profile
Re: Local save files when using 7th Heaven for FFVII
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-19 16:30:54 »
Your save files don't get touched by mods. Steam saves/loads the files under your Documents folder. The normal (and modded) game saves them under your \save\ folder in your FF7 directory. Copy your saves from Steam to the regular path. You can copy those save files between computers too, of course.
That's great news, thank you very much!