Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246402 times)

FFLover

Hi, I am kinda new here well been browsing the website for about 3 days or so.

So anyway to make it short i downloaded the compilation of FF7 mods 2.5.1

Now the problem i got is whenever i tried to start it, i got error. The game just crashed. I installed my FFVII and the mods in the same folder

C:/Program Files/Square Soft, Inc/ Final Fantasy VII

and my OS is:

Running win7

And i opened my APP log, but theres nothing in there. So i am wondering if there is something wrong i did during the process?

Thank you!

Wutai Clan

• View Profile
Thanks for the effort compiling this. :)

I had installed all this stuff manually b4, but I didn't feel like messing with it, so I gave this a try, for the most part it worked well. (I had an issue with FF7Music, large delays in sound, etc, it took awhile to get it sorted, it's still a bit off, but close enough, and sounds great, love the new soundtrack.)

I had some install issues, mainly due to the scripting host being disabled, but I worked around it, so you may wanna somehow test for that, and let the user know it needs to be on.. (XP64 here..)

I have another issue, which is the battle swirl going by too fast. I have the fix enabled in the opengl.cfg file for the custom graphics driver. I've tried various settings, using the fixed timer, not using it, etc,. My ATI card is set to use the programs preference for VSync, etc,.

Btw, I have a question, is the 9999 Limit Break patch applied, or not, I'm lead to believe that it is by looking in the patches folder, but, the first post mentioned something about it being applied in the Hardcore version, so I'm confused? (Not far enough in the game to tell yet.. Just got to Wall Market.)

(Running the normal version, not the hardcore, btw,..)

Anyways, thanks again, I was dreading reinstalling all this stuff by hand again. (I think I'm going to make a rip once I get it all working, and modded out the way I want it, for easier future reinstalls..)
« Last Edit: 2010-08-04 22:55:36 by Wutai Clan »

manwe858

In my current ff7 remix normal game I'm on the first disc about ready to get the keystone from the Saucer, but I'm stopping to get Omnislash.

I notice that the final enemy Ghirofelgo is one shotting me no matter what I do. Is this normal? He's hitting for over 4.7k damage. I noticed that he would always do just over the amount of health I had in the shinra mansion as well. My first impression was that this was hardcore but I checked to make sure it was normal. I also checked the wiki for his attacks and there's nothing mentioning a scaling damage attack that always does just over the amount of health you have.

Also he took well over the 1600 damage he's advertised to have in the manuals.

xarfax1105

I found a weird "bug" i encountered the Midgar Zolom, Motor Ball, and Rufus with his pet dog inside the mithril mines...

**edit: nvm, my bad... i accidentally placed the wrong scene and kernel.bin <_<
« Last Edit: 2010-08-22 16:19:31 by xarfax1105 »

andreese

• I'm just getting started!
    • View Profile
    • andreese
Really nice package you got here=] thanks to all the people who developed the mods and to the up-loader as well. Got it working after turning off UAC, checking the box for Nvidia GPU's and changing the OpenGL configuration a bit, then manually running the registry edit file.

Quick question: is there a list somewhere of things that were removed in this remix? I can't help but notice that i don't have Bio materia... hmm. I read a bunch of the previous pages (but not all 40 something of them) and didn't see anything relating to this so sorry if you covered it already.

side note: if you have Nvidia chipset that little fix really does do the trick. Without it, it wouldn't load the opening scene.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-22 20:05:46 by andreese »

spleenandcigars

I've installed the Ultima version of FF7 then this mod.
First i needed the cd to run the game, so i just copy the .exe file from another ultima version that i've installed and it ran, the game open and i start a new game, the first scene (barret and cloud getting off the train) was mixed up. The caracter didn't change, the texture was all weird.

sorry for the bad english, i'm not american.

tsk tsk tsk
« Last Edit: 2010-08-23 23:46:00 by athleticbear »

Miseru

• "Help! One of my main characters is black!" - xD
    • View Profile
 You should start praying to not be muted for asking about "Ultima" alias "pirated" version of the game, nobody will help you with it here anyway and mod installers are often made to not even install on it. >.>

In case you want any feedback from this forum - here's something you should read: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9430.0 Through if your country have own internet auctions(if it doesn't... hell do you live in Canada?>.> - Joke I <3 Canadians.) I would start looking there. You can get original game much cheaper that way, as prices on US sites can be maniacally high on hard to get oldies.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-23 22:09:25 by Miseru »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
First i needed the cd to run the game, so i just copy the .exe file from another ultima version that i've installed and it ran, the game open and i start a new game, the first scene (barret and cloud getting off the train) was mixed up. The caracter didn't change, the texture was all weird.

You'll get burned by just saying your using the ultima version.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile

A large number of the mods on this site do not work correctly with the Ultima Edition, or almost any pirated copy. Buy the game if you want it to work right.

xarfax1105

I'm having the same one-hitting Ghirofelgo problem... but i'm just at shinra mansion... any ideas?

votd

Greetings to you all. After a lot of fighting and digging in my logs I have finally managed to boot up Final Fantasy VII correctly. I even fixed FF7Music and got past the first bombing mission, but then, another type of problem encounters. Here's what wrong with my FF7: when I get into battle it just crashes! I have included APP log FYI:

Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.7b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 8600 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW! 3.2.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1680x1050, output resolution 1680x1050, internal resolution 1920x1440
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.466667, frames: 3712
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 395
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: unhandled exception

I must say that I know this is not the FF7Music fault I guess, because I tried to run it in a few different ways (psf, mp3, mp3 remixed) and the same thing happened. I even run it without FF7Music, and still the same crash. Any ideas?

Aali

• View Profile
First of all, update the driver to 0.7.8b, that should stop the crash from happening but you'll still get some error messages. This is a known problem with the remix pack, there's a fix floating around somewhere on the forum. If the update doesn't fix it, post your crash.dmp.

votd

I've updated the driver, set it up for my own accord, and it works just fine, now it just prints some message like "ERROR: TIFAxx.somethingsomething wasn't found" or something like that, but it doesn't crash and it all looks good. Nevermind that stupid message, unless it crashes. Anyway, I appreciate your help. Thank you very much! I have played Final Fantasy VII every year since 1999. Final Fantasy VII Remix is something new to me, since I was always stuck to original PSX version (well, tried PC version like once, but it was tricky to configure). Anyways, I can play - and that's what it counts. What's the best in Final Fantasy VII Remix that if you finally set it up (get rid of errors/crashes) you can play it along with remastered audio, original audio and with USB Joypad with no hassle, no configuring.

Any plans on remaking the backgrounds? A quick cleanup on these would do us all good. Maybe I will start working on it by myself. I mean - when all character models are so sharp and smooth, and the backgrounds... well... what do you think about that? I think that first you can just scale the backgrounds larger (a quick Photoshop cleanup) and then think about re-drawing them (or at least re-trace them). I hope that is possible. I mean, there is a .exe out there which can extract the backgrounds? Can you export, edit and overwrite them? I'm really curious, because I would want to play with them a little :]. Re-traced, or just scaled background would be great!

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Look at palmer to extract backgrounds.

Look at Team Avalanche's Bombing Mission project in regards to remaking backgrounds (Shameless self plug, i know  :P)

Moogie

• View Profile
Hi guys. :) Very much interested in getting this mod, to breathe some much-needed life into this game I've played over and over countless times. I just have one question: Is it modular? What I mean is, does it give options if you don't want to install certain mods? It will take me a while to download, so I just want to make sure before I do.

I poke my head into these forums once or twice every few months and it never ceases to amaze me how active it remains and how many dedicated modders continue to put out quality work like this. Seriously, it's a wonderful thing you all do to keep this game looking fresh and exciting, even to someone who's been playing and replaying it since the 90's. :) It makes me want to contribute too. I really wish I could find the time.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hi guys. :) Very much interested in getting this mod, to breathe some much-needed life into this game I've played over and over countless times. I just have one question: Is it modular? What I mean is, does it give options if you don't want to install certain mods? It will take me a while to download, so I just want to make sure before I do.

I poke my head into these forums once or twice every few months and it never ceases to amaze me how active it remains and how many dedicated modders continue to put out quality work like this. Seriously, it's a wonderful thing you all do to keep this game looking fresh and exciting, even to someone who's been playing and replaying it since the 90's. :) It makes me want to contribute too. I really wish I could find the time.
No...not yet anyways.

Vee

I am completely new, so my problem can be silly ^^;
When I click the running app, appears window which says "Please insert FF7 Game Disc 1, 2 or 3 and try again."
So what am I supposed to do?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I am completely new, so my problem can be silly ^^;
When I click the running app, appears window which says "Please insert FF7 Game Disc 1, 2 or 3 and try again."
So what am I supposed to do?

Insert the game into the drive.

Vee

I don't have it on any CDs. I've got ISO files on my comp, and game worked before installing the patch  :?. It freezed in one moment, but I've got Win 7, and that's why I want to use the Remix  :)

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I don't have it on any CDs. I've got ISO files on my comp, and game worked before installing the patch  :?. It freezed in one moment, but I've got Win 7, and that's why I want to use the Remix  :)

Then mount the iso.

homelessyeti

Just downloaded the mod and i have tryed to run it however it is trying to run it through RAM but i have the UAC turned off ... im runing windows 7 ... and ideas
thanks

Vee

Okay, I made it. I re-installed FF VII, but right now works unpatched version :-\ What the hell?

vampiria69

I mean the creator of this wonderful patch, I beg you create a language pack for Italian i love this fucking game but not chew very good English and I problemuccio some, there is already a translation created by "sadness city" at this link http / / If www.sadnescity.it/traduzioni/ff7/patch.php pui Please DO make it compatible with your files you'd be my idol thanks in advance

Vercalos

I'm having a bit of trouble.   I've been trying to download the modpack installer for two days, and the download keeps stopping before it even reaches 100MB.  Are there any mirrors or programs that could possibly help me with this?   I'm currently using Firefox, and I've tried two different download managers to try to download the file without success.

Ace

• View Profile
In regards to this download, can anyone tell me what they get as the MD5 Hash?

I have

995e78d4d7063fc881442d5a5ea3b744 *Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe

Just want to say that now i'm downloading this months later and still have the same hash, I guess it's okay. Hopfully this will benefit anyone else.

File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe
CRC-32: f61b8c1b
   MD4: 9428946514ced054ae2db7345baa6f01
   MD5: 995e78d4d7063fc881442d5a5ea3b744
 SHA-1: 89625008b08528488170c641d891e244665a5362