Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY VII OST (Remastered Edition) ~by Final FanTim~  (Read 155407 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
FINAL FANTASY VII OST (Remastered Edition) ~by Final FanTim~
« Reply #250 on: 2009-10-18 15:23:45 »
If you want something simple and easy to understand in Japanese, watch FLCL.

No wait, that's not even easy to understand for a native speaker of the language. Nevermind.

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2009-10-19 22:27:12 »
I find that Rosetta stone isn't the best I've learned some words But they start giving you images where you either aren't sure what they are talking about (or i'm just over thinking..)

One i remember specifically is I think it was (and forgive me as i can't write in nihongo or) "wakai onnanohito" Or something like that And in the image it was a women moving, So i assumed it meant walking, Though i think i looked it up and google disagreed..

Another one was a boy that seemed he was jumping. but he could have also been hopping, maybe he was leaping. So i wasn't sure what the word meant...

But maybe i'm just overthinking it.. I'm sure halkun can clear things up haha

[OFFTOPIC]
I was researching Rosetta Stone on the internet ...but indeed. I think with Level 1 (first basic course), you can understand Japanese.....like a baby/child. So when children say: women is moving, he/she means walking.

But i think when you buy (and thats my main problem  :mrgreen:) level 2 and 3, you can really start making sense to japanese people (not fully ofcourse) :P
Although i like the approach of Rosetta Stone, cause when you think about it....my native language is dutch, but you always learn japanese from translation to english (or i have to take expensive master classes)
So when you want to order something, your mind translate the dutch word, translates it to English and translate it back to Japanese :P I think that wont happen with the Rosetta aproach[/OFFTOPIC]

BTW, watch this forum frequently because im thinking of releasing my unfinished cd1 of FINAL FANTASY VI (6) OST Remastered
« Last Edit: 2009-10-21 00:30:18 by finalfantim »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2009-10-20 03:36:36 »
:3

*watches eagerly* what is the tracklist nehow? ff6 is one of the few ost's i dont have from FF, and ironically one of my favorites

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2009-10-21 00:07:23 »
:3

*watches eagerly* what is the tracklist nehow? ff6 is one of the few ost's i dont have from FF, and ironically one of my favorites

Final Fantasy VI - OST [Remastered Edition] by Final FanTim - Unreleased Tracks

Download Here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M2YM48U7

*Japanese translated tracklist i suppose, my names are from the US version.

1 Opening Theme
2 The Mines Of Narshe
3 Awakening
4 Lock (Lock's Theme)
5 Battle Theme
6 Fanfare
7 Edgar & Mash (Edgar, Mash's Theme)
8 Cefca (Cefca's Theme)
9 Mt. Coltz
10 Returners
11 Shadow (Shadow's Theme)
12 Troops March On
13 Cayenne (Cayenne's Theme)
14 The Unforgiven
15 The Mystic Forest
16 Mistery Train <- lol definitely translated from Japanese

PLEASE NOTE:
I will not finish this project, not even CD1 im afraid. This is just something i made so far that i want to share :wink:

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #254 on: 2009-10-22 17:41:58 »
Awesome, The Favs has to make some Arts again and I will upload it :P

Sorry, I have to upload the FF7 OST at first, but sorry again, I have not enough time at the moment, but in the end, it will be uploaded :P

- Deniz

Wolfgang

« Reply #255 on: 2009-10-24 22:26:39 »
I've finished hearing them. There are some quite good, but there are better sound fonts for the string version. Main Theme was very good the fact that you bring the importance of basson that practically wasn't heared in the originals. The oboe it's horrible and the whistle should be dissimulated. The truth it's that those tracks have made me remember when I arranged a compilation of FFVII for a Band and how disappointed i were because when you throw the music of FFVII of their original soundfonts they lack something and need a very thougthfully rearrangement to make them sound like the FF concertos.

My apologies for my bad English. Don't take too hard my criticisms and I'm looking forward to see new remasterizations from you.

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2009-10-25 00:15:09 »
I've finished hearing them. There are some quite good, but there are better sound fonts for the string version. Main Theme was very good the fact that you bring the importance of basson that practically wasn't heared in the originals. The oboe it's horrible and the whistle should be dissimulated. The truth it's that those tracks have made me remember when I arranged a compilation of FFVII for a Band and how disappointed i were because when you throw the music of FFVII of their original soundfonts they lack something and need a very thougthfully rearrangement to make them sound like the FF concertos.

My apologies for my bad English. Don't take too hard my criticisms and I'm looking forward to see new remasterizations from you.

Thats why its called remastered, not rearranged...:P And thats one of the reasons i canceled this project, i want to rearrange some tracks rather spending my time on re-mastering a whole OST :-P
But what whistle and what did u meant by dissimulated? you mean like blending more into the background?
Anyway, its labeled as Unreleased Tracks :P....i heard official SE unreleased tracks that sounded more horrible  :roll:
« Last Edit: 2009-10-25 00:17:36 by finalfantim »

Wolfgang

« Reply #257 on: 2009-10-25 09:31:23 »
Oh no no, I wasn't refering to the unreleased tracks of FFVI. And you are right where one of the most dissapointing cds of FF i've ever heard. The whistle is on: The great Northern Cave, while the horrendous oboe it's playing there's a whistle that even gets more in your ears. Maybe would be better exchange that kind of whistle for a soundfont of a flute or a Piccolo.

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2009-10-25 22:43:46 »
Oh no no, I wasn't refering to the unreleased tracks of FFVI. And you are right where one of the most dissapointing cds of FF i've ever heard. The whistle is on: The great Northern Cave, while the horrendous oboe it's playing there's a whistle that even gets more in your ears. Maybe would be better exchange that kind of whistle for a soundfont of a flute or a Piccolo.

Ah ok :D
Well, i was still in my learning process  8-)

I think you can hear the difference in mastering when you hear my latest track: (i was testing out some mastering techniques and rearranged it a bit)
Battle Not Alone!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsCcTmERa4M&feature=response_watch

Wolfgang

« Reply #259 on: 2009-10-26 14:19:53 »
Well it's arranged, but you need to do a step more forward. For example when Trumpet gets in sounds like nothing lacks the depth because it's only a voice. If you want it to sound better you should harmonize trumpet with a second trumpet or a second and a trombone. To make it sound heavier. But if you do don't copy exactly like that the music, use the key notes to make it a second voice or make a harmonization.

Guitar is too distorted for me, but that it's personal's choices.

And what goes for the adjusting of volumes you have all the bass and bets too strong all the time. Look, the key to make it sound more great it's to not bore the listener. You have to play with volumes to magnify something a detail. If you are in a static line you loose part of the interest. Think that you can make little decreases of a part that it's rhythmical to make it hear other voices. In the case of that piece one example of a missing opportunity is in 0:55 when an instrument enters making a response to end that part of the theme that passes away practically missing. So even if you like that rhythm bases and guitar and you can think "hey it's cool" It's cool but there are times where the "cool" has to fade to reappear latter.

^__^

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2009-10-27 18:09:47 »

I will conjure up something nice for this!  :wink:

Final FanTim, what is this album named exactly? FFVI Remastered, or FFVI Unreleased, or what???

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2009-10-31 00:41:24 »

I will conjure up something nice for this!  :wink:

Final FanTim, what is this album named exactly? FFVI Remastered, or FFVI Unreleased, or what???

Final Fantasy VI - OST [Remastered Edition] - Unreleased Tracks  :lol:

Nah, doesnt really matter to me, as long people know its only a part of CD1 instead of the full album

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2009-11-02 22:32:40 »
OK, everyone, here it is. The album art for Final Fantasy VI Remastered:

------CLICK ON THE LINKS FOR THE ACTUAL SIZED IMAGES-------

The Cover:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6236/finalfantasyviremastere.jpg

The Cover's back:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1474/finalfantasyviremasterep.jpg

The CD Cover:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4774/finalfantasyviremasterew.jpg

The back of the Back Cover:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5955/finalfantasyviremasterej.jpg

And the Back Cover itself:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6236/finalfantasyviremastere.jpg

Special thanks to FinalFanTim for the creative freedom and this awesome album! :-D

------CLICK ON THE LINKS FOR THE ACTUAL SIZED IMAGES-------

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2009-11-02 23:58:32 »
That looks GREAT Favs!!!!!!!!!

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2009-11-03 15:57:50 »
Wow.  I wasn't interested in the remastered tracks at all.  But seeing your album art has me curious.

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2009-11-03 21:06:39 »
OK, everyone, here it is. The album art for Final Fantasy VI Remastered:

Special thanks to FinalFanTim for the creative freedom and this awesome album! :-D

There's nothing worse than being creative with restrictions  8-)

Nice work TheFavs! :wink:

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2009-11-06 03:30:06 »

There's nothing worse than being creative with restrictions  8-)

Nice work TheFavs! :wink:
[/quote]

Thank you Finafantim! You're super awesome! 8-)

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #267 on: 2009-11-07 11:21:37 »
Damn, looks so awesome- gonna make a trailer of it :P

Well, I have time again and I'm finished with CD2 :P Ok, nearly ;)

EDIT: FFT (nice shortcut :P) are you gonna edit those tracks again? Or should we/I wait with uploading it again? I'll make a trailer, surely, :)

Btw, Favs, can you make again something for YouTube with those pics? Those 5 look awesome- but can you make a 16:9 version of it, please :)

EDIT: the second ;)
Uploaded CD 1&2, check out the comments Tim ;) And the rating ;) Oh, gonna make a trailer for the FF6 :)

EDIT: the third and last ;)

I did it :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIrDeTT71gw
« Last Edit: 2009-11-07 14:54:33 by d33eniz »

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2009-11-07 17:12:50 »
Btw, Favs, can you make again something for YouTube with those pics? Those 5 look awesome- but can you make a 16:9 version of it, please :)

Ah, Deniz, I was hoping you'd show up! Here, hows this?
------CLICK THE LINKS FOR THE ACTUAL SIZE IMAGES-------

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/6236/finalfantasyviremastere.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6236/finalfantasyviremastere.jpg

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1421/finalfantasyviremasterez.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4774/finalfantasyviremasterew.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6236/finalfantasyviremastere.jpg

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9947/finalfantasyviremasterei.jpg

For the first two, you can you the fade effect so it seems that just the text and logo are fading out, leaving just the clouds and airship Black Jack.

I'm going to be posting the other pictures on my DeviantArt page soon, so if it's no trouble, can you link the pictures to those pages? What's the best way to contact you? Here? Youtube?

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #269 on: 2009-11-07 23:13:09 »
MSN, if you have ;)

But it would be better @YouTube :)

Oh, your Art look awesome like every time :D And I'll link to your DevianArt's again, dude...
But @first I have to upload CD3 and CD4 of the FF VII OST, but the trailer is already online ;)

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2009-11-08 16:10:00 »
Someone on Deviantart said about the album:

-"Wow it sounds great  :-D :-D Would the other discs ever be made?"

I quoted Final Fantim, and he replied:

-"Mmm aww it would be awesome if he did."

People love your work, Final Fantim!  :wink:

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2009-11-09 21:01:38 »
Someone on Deviantart said about the album:

-"Wow it sounds great  :-D :-D Would the other discs ever be made?"

I quoted Final Fantim, and he replied:

-"Mmm aww it would be awesome if he did."

People love your work, Final Fantim!  :wink:

Haha nice,
Send my best regards :P

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2009-11-16 18:45:39 »
I was listening to the Opening Theme of Final Fantasy VI in my car yesterday, and boy! The way it sounded with the cars speakers, with the thunder clap and the organ, and the wind with the piano, and the bell ringing... it gave me goose bumps! It would be totally awesome if the rest was made! It's that awesome!  :mrgreen:

finalfantim

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2009-11-16 21:24:21 »
I was listening to the Opening Theme of Final Fantasy VI in my car yesterday, and boy! The way it sounded with the cars speakers, with the thunder clap and the organ, and the wind with the piano, and the bell ringing... it gave me goose bumps! It would be totally awesome if the rest was made! It's that awesome!  :mrgreen:

Im glad...
Normally, mastering is done with monitor speakers or studio monitors so it would sound great on any kind of system (since not everyone has the same setup/settings)
But im glad it sounds awesome  :lol:

The Favs

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2009-11-17 03:14:36 »
Im glad...
Normally, mastering is done with monitor speakers or studio monitors so it would sound great on any kind of system (since not everyone has the same setup/settings)
But im glad it sounds awesome  :lol:
So, the FFVI Remastered Soundtrack was done with Mastering skills, not like the FFVII one, correct?