Author Topic: FF8 World Map Glitch (run in place)  (Read 2644 times)

myboof222

FF8 World Map Glitch (run in place)
« on: 2009-12-23 04:20:33 »
Hello, friends.

So I have been playing FF8 for the PC for a few weeks now and it was working flawlessly.  However, last night I was traveling around the world map with the Garden (disc 2) and I landed it near Edea's Orphanage.  I exited the garden, saved, and went to sleep.  Today I go to play it and I am stuck.  Meaning, Squall can only run in place in the coordinates where I last exited the garden and can't move anywhere, nor can I enter the garden again (pressing the confirm button does nothing).  The video below shows my exact spot and predicament.

Has this happenned to anyone?  Any ideas of how I can resolve this?  I tried using Griever but the "location" module is not functioning.  I'm stuck :(

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSdYV2J76Qs

finalfantim

• View Profile
Re: FF8 World Map Glitch (run in place)
« Reply #1 on: 2010-01-07 22:06:38 »
Hello, friends.

So I have been playing FF8 for the PC for a few weeks now and it was working flawlessly.  However, last night I was traveling around the world map with the Garden (disc 2) and I landed it near Edea's Orphanage.  I exited the garden, saved, and went to sleep.  Today I go to play it and I am stuck.  Meaning, Squall can only run in place in the coordinates where I last exited the garden and can't move anywhere, nor can I enter the garden again (pressing the confirm button does nothing).  The video below shows my exact spot and predicament.

Has this happenned to anyone?  Any ideas of how I can resolve this?  I tried using Griever but the "location" module is not functioning.  I'm stuck :(

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSdYV2J76Qs

I can recall something like this happened in another youtube video.
I also see some glitching background graphics. Dont think it has anything to do with it, but its certainly not normal :P
Anyway, thats why i aways have multiple savegames...little tip for you in the future :wink: