Author Topic: apz cloud model link problem  (Read 6215 times)

Castiel107

apz cloud model link problem
« on: 2010-07-26 03:43:20 »
Hi i myself am new to this forum. I was wondering if i could get a link to apz cloud that works. i tried the one on finalfantasy7pc.com but it doesnt work.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: apz cloud model link problem
« Reply #1 on: 2010-07-26 03:44:16 »
Sorry but his model was found to have parts from other games so it is no longer available on this forum.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-07-26 04:42:45 »
I have to laugh since I knew sometime or another this would pop up. I'd almost make a check cookie redirector code for all the pages on qhimm. Basically forcing new people to read the rules. Maybe links for FAQ threads or other need to know information. Etc.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-07-26 12:17:27 »
To be fair, ripping isn't in the official rule threads.  However, it does say in the original APZ Cloud release thread that halkun removed the download link.

@Castiel107: You can't download the APZ Cloud, but you can download other, more legal things such as this.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #4 on: 2010-07-31 18:27:46 »
@Castiel107: You can't download the APZ Cloud, but you can download other, more legal things such as this.
Got it :)

To be fair, ripping isn't in the official rule threads. 

Yes it is

I really hate to be all weird about the ripping model thing. I don't want to look like the bad guy here or that I'm not evenly applying the rules. The truth is a while ago I was kindly, and unoffically, requested by someone to put that rule in place. It was expressed that this particular type of modding was a little too... uncomfortable.

It was awful nice they asked first :)

« Last Edit: 2010-07-31 18:47:51 by halkun »

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-07-31 19:02:18 »
To be fair, ripping isn't in the official rule threads. 

Yes it is

I was referring to this, which is posted on nearly every board.  Some newbies may assume that those are all of the rules that we have, so I think ripping should be added there.

Got it :)

What?  I thought kula_wende made that model from scratch!  It's not ripped... is it?  I've seen that you've taken down the download link...

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #6 on: 2010-07-31 22:03:33 »
Was it? It looks an awful lot like the alt costume for Dissidia. If someone can do a wireframe/UV compare, I'll be happy.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-07-31 22:15:25 »
Was it? It looks an awful lot like the alt costume for Dissidia. If someone can do a wireframe/UV compare, I'll be happy.
I checked it out a while back... The earring was ripped from a custom sims model.   And if I remember correctly the textures weren't ripped from Dissidia.  Someone else might want to double check though...

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-08-01 02:03:42 »
Presumably, it's okay to rip from a custom sims model (if it's not copyrighted).

Can you put the link back up if it turns out okay?  Or has it been deleted forever?

It'd be a shame if it's not authentic because it's a brilliant piece of work.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-08-01 02:28:37 »
If kula_wende asked the maker of the custom sims model if he could used it and release it on his own then it will be ok to use it. This is the exact same thing like the ripped Tifa I saw a long time ago. The body of that model was made originally for a jedi knight game.

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 2010-08-01 04:27:42 »
Sims models don't have heads, and when you make a sims body, per the EULA you give the rights to EA (Technically). We've been bit by the Jedi Night stuff before. The Tifa, for example is taken from Kingdom hearts.

It's irksome, but there was a project where someone was ripping models from Crisis Core and putting it into FF7. That's when I got the friendly reminder to cut it out.