Author Topic: Final Fantasy Theme (WIP)  (Read 12576 times)

Shankifer

• Jack of all trades - Master of none!
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Final Fantasy Theme (WIP)
« on: 2010-07-29 03:12:59 »
Okay so here's the deal, I'm currently working on a Win7 FF7 Theme.

I'm currently Finished With the sound scheme  ;D It actually sounds fairly authentic. :D
I'm currently Finished Creating main cursors. (If you want any others besides the main pointer, Please REQUEST it) :D
I'm currently waiting on feedback. ^.^
I'm Currently Stuck recreating the the task bar and start menu through aero-styles recreation.

***These 3 pictures will be included in the Download when made available, also a Flash background will be included when I complete it***

Buster Sword #2 I have also converted the sword in this to a pointer! It's quite sharp, no pun intended!  :P

By Titeguy3

Buster Sword #3 (The Original FF7 Image)

By Shankifer

FF7 Wallpaper

By Iron Jaden

These are all portrayals of original FF7 concepts. (Excluding the Buster Sword In the First Image)

I Will give credit where credit is due to all contributing members and will post screenies when I start getting into visual effects.

Screenie:

Credits Roll:
Overall Design: Shankifer
Tools: Ficedula, Audacity, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash
Programs/Features: Winamp ( & Ahvia For creating the awesome FF7 Plugin)
Pictures: titeguy3,Iron Jaden, Square Enix

I will share with the public when I am done if that is alright with Qhimm Forums.

First Download!
.Themepack file included!

http://www.mediafire.com/?5vpxnd05ol7rp47
STUPID ME! I forgot to add the Concept art picture from Iron_Jaden, If you would like it as a wallpaper, please just download from here for now. I will have it in the next release, Promise! :P
« Last Edit: 2010-09-06 03:53:27 by Shankifer »

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy Theme (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: 2010-08-01 01:29:12 »
Well I'd like to suggest some things but its only for Win7 so... Good Luck. :)

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-08-01 04:28:23 »
OOO I'm excited for this!

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 2010-08-01 04:53:24 »
Suggest whatever You'd like for any system. Around my house I have 7, Vista, and XP so I can do my best to help you out :P

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-08-01 05:24:39 »
I would say you should also make it for XP.  I figure it's a little more common around the people who would want this.  Although I may go back to Win7 soon, I know an XP theme would be quite nice.  Only real difference you'd have to make is the explorer.exe changes, like the start menu and whatnot.

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: 2010-08-01 05:34:53 »
Yeah, TBH it would've been better to start with an XP theme. Win7 is surprisingly diffifult to customize things without a windows preset. IE- Start Menu, Taskbar, ect.

The sounds are interchangeable so Far, I will save the ones I have as the names of what they show in Win7 and do my best to make a list for Vista and XP as well.
Because I really don't know of any way to save them as a .soundscheme type of file, because nothing like that is in the preset sound scheme folder of Win7

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-08-01 05:58:58 »
Ok then. What picture are you requesting for? Are you talking about something like this?

That image is not done by me. It is done by members of TA. For more of those images go to this thread.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9290.125

Just remember that if you want to use those images you'll have to ask permission from the one who made it. :)

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: 2010-08-01 06:16:06 »
That was a general Idea of what I was looking for, I also made one using the classic Menu too. I'll post some pix up in a bit. Thanks for the Pic, I'll def ask TA about it.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-08-01 06:52:18 »
I'd also advice for you to use verdana as the font for your theme to make it more FF7. What are you going to do with the icons btw? For the mouse pointer I advice the hand pointer in FF7 too. *all of these are just opinions*  :D

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: 2010-08-01 07:06:53 »
Ahhh, I'm glad you mentioned the cursor, I was really considering using the Buster Sword lol, I might add one of each. And for the Icons, I have a few. I don't really want to use the meteor or any Icons that the game itself uses in its program files folder so they don't get mixed up. I've been searching. I have some of the original character Icons which are pretty neat lol. I was thinking of going out on a limb and asking either millenia or TA in general to get some Faceshots and screenies that i could convert. But still debating on that :P

Edit: What about making them interchangeable. Like, Buster sword as normal curser, Finger when you scroll over a link or something? Just a thought :P

Edit 2: You asked about Icons, I think I'm going to try to make a few that are like, Blue Boxes with the title names in them to fit the desktop kind of look. I'll also make a few other styles too :D

Edit 3: Would it be too wrong to have the FF7 logo as the recycle bin... and use the FF7 AC Logo as a full recycling bin logo? lol :P

Edit4: Last edit for this morning i think xD I've been working on this for a while, Got some nice Blue icons.

I need some feedback on the most important icons. Or the ones you use most.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2010-08-01 10:01:03 by Shankifer »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-08-01 13:47:57 »
Well I can advice you to use weapons as icons like buster sword and aerith's guard stick or barret's gun and vincen't death penalty. Although you'll have to make those icons in photoshop yourself.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-08-04 20:49:44 »
Ahhh, I'm glad you mentioned the cursor, I was really considering using the Buster Sword lol, I might add one of each.

The hand really is the best choice for a cursor; after all, it has a cursor-like function in the FF7 menus.

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: 2010-08-04 22:54:07 »
The hand will be included along with three other cursors :D

Cloud's Head
Animated Buster Sword
titeguy3's Buster Sword

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-08-05 13:23:04 »
Can you add somekind of borders to the task bar and the windows? You could do that so that the theme will look like the menu because of the borders.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #14 on: 2010-08-05 13:38:25 »
in order to change the borders you have to use an hacked uxtheme. Microsoft keeps all window borders/start menu/start button themes digitally signed.

Shankifer

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: 2010-08-11 07:03:23 »
There is a teaser file at the bottom of the first post with all the so-far-done stuff inside. Perfectly useable!  ;D
« Last Edit: 2010-09-06 03:51:55 by Shankifer »