Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1246507 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Change the "_gm" ending of your files in the data by "_us" and remove the first letter of flevel (should be g).

Jaki

• View Profile
When i change to 16 bits color, many game run faster with my old intel 845 card  :-D., but i get a message when starting FF7: ""OpenGL renderer appears to be the Microsoft software renderer.  Your graphics drivers are probably not installed or installed incorrectly.  Expect Extreme Lag". The solution is chage to 32 bits so do you think the game just support 32 bits, not 16 bits color or because my crappy GPU ?

raoon

Hi guys.

I have some problem. I cant download the the remix pack.
The dl link : http://yama.mmowned.org/Final_Fantasy_VII_Remix_v2-5-1_Installer.exe seems to be dead.
I also downloaded the 4 part of the .rar from the filefront mirror sites. But when i try to unpack them it says its broken. :S
Please help me out really want this to work.
(Tried to find other download locations but without luck.) :(

Thx. Raoon.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Ok. Download all parts at once and open the first one.

Jaki

• View Profile
When i play mini game at Fort condor, every thing look fine but sometime it saying error: "COULD NOT CHANGE TO DIRECTORY C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\Data\minigame/data\". Game run fine but does this problem cause anything later ?

Rest

Hello all, whenever I try to run FFVII in any resolution, I get "Internal Resolution too high" or something of the sort. I will provide the app.log of it here:

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.10b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce 8800 Ultra/PCI/SSE2 3.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1920x1080, internal resolution 1920x1440
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
ERROR: Driver didn't accept our FBO attachments, reverting to slow path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 60, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
ERROR: no FBO support, cannot render in higher resolution than window size
INFO: internal resolution clamped to 1920x1080
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: c:\program files (x86)\square soft, inc\Final Fantasy VII2\Data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
set music volume: 127
MIDI set volume: 127
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: E:\FF7\Movies\eidoslogo.avi; truemotion2/pcm_u8 320x240, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.133333, frames: 152
WM_CLOSE
END OF CREDITS!!!
Field Quit
MIDI stop - OK
resetting MIDI driver volume - OK
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

Notice how it is 1920x1440, I never set that, and no, it is not because I use 1920x1080, I even tried this at 800x600 just to be sure and same results. If there is any help available thank you in advance.

Aali

• View Profile
Update your graphics drivers and try again. If that doesn't work you will have use a resolution that is an even multiple of 640x480. Your card should be able to handle a simple FBO though.

Terid__K

Wouldn't it be easier if he just added

internal_size_x = 1280
internal_size_y = 960

in the config file?

That works fine for me.

Aali

• View Profile
You can do that but it is much much slower and since you're rendering in 1280x960 anyway it wont look much better than just using a fullscreen resolution of 1280x960.

Rest

@TeridKane

Would you please explain where I should put that?
Thanks.

Terid__K

You can do that but it is much much slower and since you're rendering in 1280x960 anyway it wont look much better than just using a fullscreen resolution of 1280x960.

Well, if he is able to render it at full speed despite that, using a lower resolution than native wouldn't be worth it.

@TeridKane

Would you please explain where I should put that?
Thanks.

In the ff7_opengl.cfg file, add these lines right below "window_size_y = "

You can technically add it anywhere, but that would be easier to recognize.

jonnyspandex

• View Profile
Hi guys,

I'm using my PC with a 3650 Radeon HD in it (instead of my GMA based laptop) and increasing the resolution to 1280 x 960 meant a laggy game, video goes too fast for the music. I think this is because the music restarts and so goes out of sync.

At that res it starts hanging (especially when the conversation windows close).

At 960 x 720 (640 x 480 x 1.5) the game runs better but it won't go into full screen, it sits in the top left and the rest of the screen I can see my desktop.

Any ideas to help me out please?

lys1991

Hi everyone !
I have an error !

And this file...
http://www.mediafire.com/?4a2dv0zobonnzmc

and APP

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Intel Intel Bear Lake B 1.4.0 - Build 7.15.10.5029
INFO: No OpenGL 2.0 support detected, shaders won't be available
INFO: VBO not supported
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: NPOT textures not supported
INFO: Max texture size: 2048x2048
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 640x480, output resolution 640x480, internal resolution 640x480
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r19334, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INITIALIZING MIDI...
selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth, mid=1, pid=102,
midi data type: GENERAL MIDI
using midi data file: D:\Game online\Final Fantasy VII\data\midi\midi.lgp
midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff
MIDI INITIALIZED
100% of 127 = 127
MIDI set master volume: 100
100% of 127 = 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: D:\Game online\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: D:\Game online\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.788000, frames: 3717

Please checking
I'm Vietnamese (Speaking English little bad)
Thank everyone so much

« Last Edit: 2011-06-25 08:20:08 by lys1991 »

Brachneos

• View Profile
So when you install this, are all the mods compulsory? That is, would it be possible to not install some of the components?

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
No. That's why you should follow kylos13's tutorial in FAQ section.

AkatsukiXXI

I have ff7 ultima editon and when i installed the remix, i clicked on the game and it said "insert disk 1, 2, and 3" and it wont run. Can this be fixed??!

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
Ultima Edition... This has been said at many points here and is in the rules. Ultima Edition is piracy. Nobody would help you. But, as I'm a kind guy, I'll help you anyway. Check your registery and follow kylos' tutorial in the FAQ section.

AkatsukiXXI

i know, but my pc copy was stolen in the airport along with my bag and that was a 2 years ago, now its hard as hell to find the pc version anywhere. got no choice but to download it.... But i appreciate your help.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
i know, but my pc copy was stolen in the airport along with my bag and that was a 2 years ago, now its hard as hell to find the pc version anywhere. got no choice but to download it.... But i appreciate your help.

Best story I've heard in ages.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Ok new rule. It is against the rules to help people with the ultima edition (Looking at you vgr)

obesebear

• View Profile
Ok new rule. It is against the rules to help people with the ultima edition (Looking at you vgr)
Pretty sure this isn't a new rule...  Anywho, this new rule will be enforced via a HEAVY warning to the point of not being able to post for a few days.    P.S.  What happened to the handy dandy "Pirate" user group?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Pretty sure this isn't a new rule...  Anywho, this new rule will be enforced via a HEAVY warning to the point of not being able to post for a few days.    P.S.  What happened to the handy dandy "Pirate" user group?
Previously, it was against the rules to ASK for help with a pirated copy, but it didn't say anything about PROVIDING help after it's been asked. I thought that was implied, but evidently Vgr didn't.

shadowfox

• Hold My Beer
    • View Profile
    • Shadowfox Productions
Either my google_fu sucks or I didn't enter the proper search terms or it doesn't exist. ( I hope it's the latter I don't want to be the target of you guys  :o )

I've been using everything for a while I'm quite impressed with all of it. Anyhow..

Remix, in the config file, does not have an option to use the new battle interface. Is there a way to add the new battle interface option with remix or was the option not made available? I really like the expanded viewport and transparent battle menu. :) Maybe I missed a post on it have been looking for a while. Any help is appreciated thank you ahead of time for the answer the direction or the clues :)

« Last Edit: 2011-07-07 21:37:34 by shadowfox »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
I believe the new battle interface was implemented in a newer version of aali's driver then the remix has.