Author Topic: Midgar Remake  (Read 224194 times)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Re: Midgar Remake
« Reply #200 on: 2012-05-18 13:11:37 »
Just realized, that last render shot that Killerx20 posted looks JUST like the one from the FMV in the beginning, I want it! haha.

Mewsin (aka Zendar)

• i share everything i make (the Answer is yes)
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2012-05-18 14:32:59 »
Actually, I have some theory that Midgar is actually underground, the slums I mean. Ok, have a look at the reactors base

You cant really see the actual base of the reactor even on ground level in these, maybe just a little but not nearly as big as it should be shown in this

during the game if you ride on the train you can actually talk to barret and he tells you
how midgar was built on the towns who's names have been forgotten
so in my opinion its canon.
i do believe however that much of the reactors and tunnels
are underground and the weight of the plate for the top level
is being supported by underground constructions.
also dont forget there was a barrier surounding midgar and you need a key
to open the door to get back into sector 5.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-18 14:34:47 by zendar »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2012-05-18 16:02:44 »
Well, going on a FF7 binge when i get home haha.

Killerx20

• Shin-Ra Electric Power Company
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #203 on: 2012-05-28 18:00:29 »
I've been working on a entire new Midgar, one that is based off of Crisis Core. Started completely from scratch on this one.
Its missing a lot of things and details for now but I'll get to it.

Fast renders, some bugs. Have to work on the glow and so on. Let me know what you think.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2012-05-28 20:11:42 »
Fucking hell!, unbelievable \O/

Dubular

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2012-05-29 00:04:06 »
I think the lights around HQ should be more circular, but other than that just plain awesome! I was a little worried when I saw that it was supposed to be based on CC, but I think it's close enough to the original to be used. Very nice.

PH03N1XFURY

• Team Tianix IF ITS THERE WE'LL FIND IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2012-05-30 04:43:59 »
looks cool

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #207 on: 2012-05-30 16:29:41 »
I think the lights around HQ should be more circular, but other than that just plain awesome! I was a little worried when I saw that it was supposed to be based on CC, but I think it's close enough to the original to be used. Very nice.
They are actually circular, don't think they can get any more circular haha. Yeah I would say the Crisis Core model is the closest to the original. The AC Midgar was really realllllllllly huge. Thanks

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2012-05-30 20:44:30 »
They are actually circular, don't think they can get any more circular haha. Yeah I would say the Crisis Core model is the closest to the original. The AC Midgar was really realllllllllly huge. Thanks
I suspect perspective distortion might make it appear they aren't. If you look at the reactor tops they get a little strange around the circumference. Is this because of the camera type you are using for the image view?

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #209 on: 2012-05-30 21:45:07 »
I suspect perspective distortion might make it appear they aren't. If you look at the reactor tops they get a little strange around the circumference. Is this because of the camera type you are using for the image view?
I changed the FOV for the renders, that would probably do it. And as for the reactors are you talking about the exhaust hole part or the part with the segments?

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2012-05-31 09:22:34 »
Love the work.
Am hoping you can finish it and allow us to use it in FF7 modding. Either for "FMV" or just as model ingame.

Makes me sad that such project could die, like so many other do around here :(

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #211 on: 2012-05-31 11:19:15 »
Love the work.
Am hoping you can finish it and allow us to use it in FF7 modding. Either for "FMV" or just as model ingame.

Makes me sad that such project could die, like so many other do around here :(
I'd actually like to use it for multiple things, one of which where you can explore it in a world like fallout 3 or something. I worked with a guy named Shinrasoldier3 and Tempus on it but it just kind of died. What ever happened to Sapphire and SpooX? They were working on a model weren't they?
As for my project dying, it never really has. I take long breaks here and there for obvious reasons, it gets boring haha.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-31 11:30:55 by Killerx20 »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2012-05-31 15:10:54 »
Looks lovely, though it need the plate extensions to get that midgar feel. Also, get those sectors filled in! I know its a PITA, but I've seen so many artists make the hq, outer ring, reactors, and the bloody city never gets filled in.... *grumbles*

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #213 on: 2012-05-31 15:57:00 »
Looks lovely, though it need the plate extensions to get that midgar feel. Also, get those sectors filled in! I know its a PITA, but I've seen so many artists make the hq, outer ring, reactors, and the bloody city never gets filled in.... *grumbles*
I actually just finished the outerplates, I think next I'm going to do sector 6 or maybe the outer wall lights? I work on the plates being filled last because that's when there are no more adjustments to make. I don't know of many people who have created Midgar, may you show me some? I like to look at what others have done.

Edit: I'll upload a test render of the outer plates.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-31 16:39:33 by Killerx20 »

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #214 on: 2012-05-31 19:26:37 »
Ok here is the outerplates I just made, now I have to add the lights on them...
I don't really like how the lighting is on them but it took an hour and a half to render this so I don't really care haha

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #215 on: 2012-05-31 22:24:09 »
And now with the added Outer Plate lights

Next... I don't know yet.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #216 on: 2012-05-31 22:25:30 »
 :mrgreen:

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2012-06-01 15:35:53 »
What ever happened to Sapphire and SpooX? They were working on a model weren't they?

answer:

As for my project dying, it never really has. I take long breaks here and there for obvious reasons, it gets boring haha.

No worries, I'm still alive, and pushing polygons around (now and then).... ::)

Apart from that, and busy live, work etc...
working on some tools.

What renderer are you using by the way?
 8-)

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #218 on: 2012-06-01 15:46:53 »
answer:

No worries, I'm still alive, and pushing polygons around (now and then).... ::)

Apart from that, and busy live, work etc...
working on some tools.

What renderer are you using by the way?
 8-)
Ah I see, yeah breaks come in handy haha. I take it the same for Sapphire as well? I should ask him on msn sometime..
I use 3ds max 2011, default scanline renderer for night scenes and daylight system mental ray for day scenes. What about you? I've seen some of your renders and I like how the lighting system looks.

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2012-06-01 16:00:37 »
As for Saphire...I don't really know what happened to him, seemed to have had some computer problems, and after that I've never heard anything anymore.
As for Tempus..just found out he stopped...
development-indefinitely-ceased

I'm using Max 2012 (x64) and Maxwell renderer (physical), this makes working with camera's like real camera's.
Really like the outcome, but it is quite slow, lately I've been redoing some renders with VRay.
I believe this is the latest I've uploaded...

8)
Right now I can't upload a more up to date render, as I'm on my development laptop...

What I'm doing on my devtop....well...

is part of what I'm aiming for.
 8)

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #220 on: 2012-06-01 17:08:23 »
As for Saphire...I don't really know what happened to him, seemed to have had some computer problems, and after that I've never heard anything anymore.
As for Tempus..just found out he stopped...
development-indefinitely-ceased

I'm using Max 2012 (x64) and Maxwell renderer (physical), this makes working with camera's like real camera's.
Really like the outcome, but it is quite slow, lately I've been redoing some renders with VRay.
I believe this is the latest I've uploaded...
-image-
 8)
Right now I can't upload a more up to date render, as I'm on my development laptop...

What I'm doing on my devtop....well...
-image-
is part of what I'm aiming for.
 8)
I'll find out from Sapphire, we've been working on our midgars helping eachother out for a long time. I worked with Tempus for a little bit, at the time shinrasoldier3 was in charge but the team was so unorganized and people didn't really want to do much, there were only a few people doing work like shinrasoldier tempus and myself. A few others I do not remember.
Maxwell hm? Never heard of it but I might give it a try. I like the way the lighting is in it. I have used VRay and used it, I feel like it is really close to mental ray so I stuck with mental. I have seen that render, its warrens tower with your midgar correct?
Oh and I have noticed the slums render you have, that was from Crisis Core wasnt it? I extraced the models from that game and your slums looks EXACTLY like it haha, right down to the base of the reactors.. Did you model off of that?
« Last Edit: 2012-06-01 18:22:10 by Covarr »

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2012-06-01 17:34:04 »
don't quote images
Oh and I have noticed the slums render you have, that was from Crisis Core wasnt it? I extraced the models from that game and your slums looks EXACTLY like it haha, right down to the base of the reactors.. Did you model off of that?

Well actually, all my models are based upon FFVII, so no crisis core at all.
the base of the reactor can be seen in the cutscene, where the camera turns away from a tower where the plate falls I don't know which one it is exactly. But that's part of the reference I've used.
(I've collected so many references over time.... :) )
 8-)

archerxtreme

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2012-06-01 18:47:48 »
you said based upon FF7, so is that like you used the advent children movie as some basis?

SpooX

• ah nothing really...
  • Used to be errr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2012-06-01 18:50:01 »
you said based upon FF7, so is that like you used the advent children movie as some basis?
No, the Original FF7 PSX version from 1997.
I try to keep it as close to the original as possible.
 8-)

Killerx20

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #224 on: 2012-06-01 23:08:13 »
No, the Original FF7 PSX version from 1997.
I try to keep it as close to the original as possible.
 8-)
Well the earlier night renders and day renders you see in here are mine based off of the FF7 model, I decided to switch to the crisis core one because it closely resembles FF7 but has more detail and is more realistic. How would working together sound?
Although there is more to Midgar that I want to do like what Tempus and shinrasoldier3 were trying to achieve like going where ever and doing what ever you like in a game engine such as fallout 3 or crysis 2.