Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 425412 times)

Rirse

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/Rirse
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #625 on: 2005-10-14 16:39:32 »
By the way, maybe for the next NPC, you should probably do Doctor Gast and/or the Sephiroth clones (the weird people who wear robes). That and I think Don Corneo probably could be made using Palmer and something else.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 2005-10-14 16:48:33 »
I was thinking a new thread should be dedicated to the NPC project.  Borde or ice_cold513 could start it and maybe use the model list mirex supplied in this thread http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4774  .  Then they could update the post showing what NPCs have been created or are currently being worked on.  Others could post which ones they will work on and so on.  Just thought this could get more people involved in the project and lighten the load for Borde and ice_cold513  :D

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 2005-10-14 18:17:26 »
i have done Dr Gast it be in the next NPC

Dc1

« Reply #628 on: 2005-10-14 18:21:09 »
my ff7  crash so much time and in some areas,  the game result unplayable whit reunion patch... Other ppl have same problem?

your evil twin

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 2005-10-15 17:34:02 »
Ah, I see there is a new downlod link for the NPC patch, but not the SD version?  (Haven't actually tried it out yet, so perhaps I'll prefer the normal version to the SD, but I thought I'd mention the fact that there is no place to download the SD version from).

Tsukiyomi

• View Profile
« Reply #630 on: 2005-10-15 18:45:33 »
Hey umm...if Reunion is here, I was wondering, where did you get the filenames for the files that this patch replaces? For example, Cloud's files are:

Cloud:cloud_sk, chair_sk, clouds_sk, hei1_sk, hei2_sk, hei4_sk, n_cloud_sk, pcloud_sk, reifuku_sk, sd_hei_sk

But when I extract the char.lgp file, I can't find any of these files. There's a good chance that I'm probably just misinterpreting all of this, but does anyone else know??

Thanks....>.<....

Kiggles

• View Profile
« Reply #631 on: 2005-10-15 19:57:14 »
They're internal names. You can view them with ifalna.

Tsukiyomi

• View Profile
« Reply #632 on: 2005-10-15 21:40:58 »
Umm...ok i checked it out, but can u not view the ".p" files? I can't seem to find out how...Is there another program to do that?

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #633 on: 2005-10-16 08:57:29 »
Quote from: your evil twin
Ah, I see there is a new downlod link for the NPC patch, but not the SD version?  (Haven't actually tried it out yet, so perhaps I'll prefer the normal version to the SD, but I thought I'd mention the fact that there is no place to download the SD version from).

Me or Borde will put i new link up soon i will when i get home or Borde when he gets home and looks here.

EDIT

Models i have done Reeve's Dr Gast and Cloud with sword on he's back.

Rirse

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/Rirse
« Reply #634 on: 2005-10-16 19:01:40 »
Ice Cold, could you post some pictures of Reeve, Gast, and Tseng from the last release when you get home? Doesn't have to be ingame, just a image of their character model.

Vpresrufus

« Reply #635 on: 2005-10-16 22:14:07 »
you guys probably dont have time for this, but id love to help out with the npc reconstruction, if you wouldnt mind givin me a brief tutorial on how its done? im quite  a fast learner so it wudnt have to be a indepth tutorial just summin to get me started. of course i appreciate ur probably extremely busy and if you dont have the time thats fine by me, just a suggestion:)

your evil twin

• View Profile
« Reply #636 on: 2005-10-17 01:57:00 »
Erm, on page 2 there is a link to an image of a new Shinra uniform... does the Reunion patch replace the Shinra soldiers?  They aren't mentioned on the list, or in the list of characters replaced by the seperate NPC pack.

Or does Cloud have a Shinra-skin and all the shinra soldiers use that same model?

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: 2005-10-17 09:11:06 »
standard (blue) shinra soldiers are all updated the red officers arent

your evil twin

• View Profile
« Reply #638 on: 2005-10-17 21:33:22 »
I was just going to try installing the SD models pack... but I don't inderstand the instructions!  (Even though I succesfully installed the normal reunion pack.)

SD Models: FF7 v0.1:
========================================
Ok there are 2 models not to setup 1st is
Tifa - Parachute (aggb) 2nd is Turks - Reno - Normal (aodd)
i have missed 1 or 2 of there P files

HowTo
==========
load the SD models like the NPC's
and if i missed any model but reno and tifa tell me
i have made a backup folder it anyone need to put the old one's in

Erm, there are 2 models NOT to setup 1st?  Huh?  Is this a typing error, does he mean there are 2 models that you have got to setup 1st?
Or is he saying don't install the Tifa parachute model or the Reno model because there is something wrong with them?

He says he has missed 1 or 2 or their p files... does this mean that they could crash the game or look strange?  Am I supposed to do something to fix it?  Aargh!

vidiot

« Reply #639 on: 2005-10-18 03:09:00 »
Just a small question concerning the clipping that goes on with the high res models. I read somewhere here that you cant alter or edit walk-paths, is there any idea in the future on how to maybe, change or edit the game somehow so Cloud and company aren’t walking in-between floors and ladders and whatnot. Or is this something that just isn’t going to happen with this mod. Just curious.

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #640 on: 2005-10-18 09:57:10 »
cant u just make the models smaller?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #641 on: 2005-10-18 14:54:54 »
Well, i think that ice_cold513 didn't explained himself right. The SD models pack isn't really SD. It has smaller models. As Skillster state, this is a solution to the cliping problems (although this patch has some glitches). Making the models SD is another solution. And the ultimate solution would be to change every animation file so that it set the models a bit higher. This last option was studied by Reunion long ago, but then he realized that some models share some animations. Actually, this shouldn't be a problem when every single NPC has been redone (well, maybe I should say IF that gets to happen). But meanwhile, it's very problematic.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #642 on: 2005-10-18 16:59:33 »
Ok here is v0.2 i redid the readme and fixs them bugs/glitches.
I SD them this time and did a nonSD but little model and made backup's

I will some pics of what Changes in SD and NonSD

EDIT
link down
working on it

The Skillster

• View Profile
« Reply #643 on: 2005-10-18 17:39:40 »
ice_cold, why does that link keep bouncing back to this page?

Borman

• View Profile
« Reply #644 on: 2005-10-18 18:58:30 »
If you need hosting for the file, just send me a PM, ive got plenty of space

virtual

• View Profile
Question
« Reply #645 on: 2005-10-19 07:31:28 »
Hi,

My FF7PC runs perfectly fine without the 1.02 patch (am using WinXP with NVidia GeForce4 MX 440).. but once I applied the 1.02 patch, the game won't even start at all.

So, without 1.02 patch, I can't use the Reunion patch either.. right? :(

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 2005-10-19 07:38:22 »
The reunion patch mucks with a file completly independant of the exe and config files, so, you should be okay =)

Zenes

« Reply #647 on: 2005-10-19 08:33:24 »
Great work people. This looks awesome. I tried to install it. Everything went well and no errors in installing. It even loads world map save well and looks very great. It even goes inside highwind, but when trying to enter any town it crashes and says "File missing" or something.

I noticed that files in my new char.lpg is in different order than original. In new char.lpg files are in alphabetical order, but in original they aren't. So is this the problem and can i fix it somehow?

ishavewithbricks

Certain things not showing up.
« Reply #648 on: 2005-10-20 20:57:54 »
When i go to unlock the safe to get Vincet, the numbers do not show up. Also the reels in the Battle Arena do not show up. Is there something wrong with my game or just the patch?  

Thanks
Tyler

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: Certain things not showing up.
« Reply #649 on: 2005-10-20 21:41:11 »
Quote from: ishavewithbricks
When i go to unlock the safe to get Vincet, the numbers do not show up. Also the reels in the Battle Arena do not show up. Is there something wrong with my game or just the patch?
Outdated version of HiRes patch.

dziugo