Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 425448 times)

The SaiNt

• View Profile
Re: Question
« Reply #650 on: 2005-10-21 01:20:43 »
Quote from: virtual
Hi,

My FF7PC runs perfectly fine without the 1.02 patch (am using WinXP with NVidia GeForce4 MX 440).. but once I applied the 1.02 patch, the game won't even start at all.(

99% of the time, when the 1.02 patch works but not after applying the High Res patch, it means your display doesn't work at 1280x960, and if that's the case try the 1280x1024 patch that's included. Do check that your display supports such resolutions though as it seems some people are using displays with a max resolution of 1024x768. If that's the case, sorry can't help you.

virtual

• View Profile
Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #651 on: 2005-10-21 04:58:42 »
I tried applying the 1280x1024 patch, fiddled with the ff7config.exe settings, but it still won't start. I guess my main problem is that I can't use the 1.02 patch at all..

I'm out of options, huh.. Ah well, thanks anyway.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2005-10-21 06:42:07 »
I guess one way to find out why it keeps crashing is to start FF7 using ficedula's FF7music app, this will display all the debug messages including all supported display modes for directx and WHY ff7 failed to start in most cases

your evil twin

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 2005-10-22 12:46:22 »
Quote from: ice_cold513
Ok here is v0.2 i redid the readme and fixs them bugs/glitches.
I SD them this time and did a nonSD but little model and made backup's

I will some pics of what Changes in SD and NonSD

EDIT
link down
working on it

Please, I need these SD/smaller models, as the normal-sized ones have crashes like in the sunken Gelinika plane and stuff.

I'm planning on lending my FFVII to a friend, but he is not very good with computers so I want to be able to give him all the patches and everything in one big file so he doesnt have to worry about anything.  It is a bit awkward if I have to say "when you get to the gelenika plane, you have to uninstall the models so it will work".

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2005-10-25 19:41:41 »
ok here we are 1st things 1st if the links keep bouncing back to this page.
Just right click and save as

1st  In the  SD folders there is no Sephiroth models

2nd The NonSD and the SD of tseng look messed up working on that 1

3rd Final Fantasy VII SD & NonSD got non NPC's models and with cloud with his sword on his back

http://www.freewebs.com/foxhoundthetribe/Final%20Fantasy%20VII%20NPC%20NonSD%20Models.zip

http://www.freewebs.com/foxhoundthetribe/Final%20Fantasy%20VII%20NPC%20SD%20Models.zip

http://www.freewebs.com/foxhoundthetribe/Final%20Fantasy%20VII%20NonSD%20Models.zip

http://www.freewebs.com/foxhoundthetribe/Final%20Fantasy%20VII%20SD%20Models.zip

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #655 on: 2005-10-26 19:49:05 »
The links still don't work even though I used save target as  :weep:
"The compressed zip folder is invalid or corrupted"

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #656 on: 2005-10-26 20:00:59 »
Copy and paste those links directly into your browser's address box.

dziugo

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #657 on: 2005-10-26 20:02:19 »
Thanks for the advice Dziugo!

zimbomonkey

« Reply #658 on: 2005-10-29 02:23:58 »
Ummm... I think this destroyed my game...
Since I installed it, I can't even start the game. If I try, the screen goes black and I can't close it. I have to restart my dang computer every time I try...
What did I do wrong?

Edit:Alright, I've really done it now. I snapped my #&$%!) disk 1 in half! Anyone know where I could get it for less than $40? (that isn't eBay or amazon-Amazon wants $61.75 for Used and New versions!!! WTF???

Vpresrufus

« Reply #659 on: 2005-10-29 15:51:31 »
Edit:Alright, I've really done it now. I snapped my #&$%!) disk 1 in half! Anyone know where I could get it for less than $40? (that isn't eBay or amazon-Amazon wants $61.75 for Used and New versions!!! WTF???

alright i probably REALLY shouldnt say this and will probably end up gettin banned, but i figured seein as you own the original game it maybe doesnt matter, you could use a dummy image and daemon tools to make the game think disk 1 is inserted. I know the same thing happened to my brothers copy and thats what he had to do. Im not gonna give any instructions on how to do this until i get the go ahead though, i dont wanna get banned.

tl2e3le4f

• View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2005-10-30 00:18:32 »
This is sweet man!

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2005-11-01 21:02:09 »
I think It's time for a bit of W.I.P:

"Only 2 characters?" Yes, sorry but I'm VERY busy right now. Anyway, ice_cold513 has done some more models too. I would have taken a few shots of those too, but I lost them :-P. Sorry.
See ya.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2005-11-01 23:08:00 »
Great work you guys are doing.  And as for, "only two characters", anyone that whines about it can go make their own. :P   Those non-sd models are making my game look pretty sweet. :D

Coheed

• View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2005-11-03 17:35:05 »
Quick question: what's the size of an unmodified char.lgp?

Edit: Heh, I suppose while I'm waiting I'll go ahead and ask. When replacing the models with the Reunion and NPC Reconstruction sets, do I need to modify world_us.lgp or menu_us.lgp?
Because as of now, just modifying char.lgp gets me a black screen and a crash when I try to enter a different area.

Thanks in advance for all of your help, guys.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: 2005-11-03 22:38:20 »
The original char.lgp is 48.989.860 bytes long
As for your problem, I thinks it's probably retlated with some file corruption. Anyway, send me your save-game. Maybe there is some kind of bug in the models.

Coheed

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2005-11-03 23:16:04 »
Alright, thanks for the file size. Secondly, the crash only happens when I try to install the models via the tutorial, because I couldn't find another way to install the NPC models. Anyway, that's the only time it black screens, when I use the actual Reunion Patch everything runs smoothly, but I don't like the clipping.

Thanks again.

Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: 2005-11-04 22:30:21 »
Hmmm... this is probably closer related to lgptools, but hey. I do everything it says in the instructions, up to the bit when it says "create a new char.lgp". I click the Create button, and select char.lgp, only to be treated to an error screen.

http://bin.mypage.sk/FILES/error_lgp.jpg

Anyone know what's up? I don't know what it mens by it being in use, as it never is. Am I doing something wrong?

fatty

« Reply #667 on: 2005-11-05 10:31:03 »
does this really work???? :love:   :D  :)  :o

i have.... been searching..... all my frickin' life for this!

THANK YOU!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2005-11-05 13:21:37 »
Nighthawk, try creating char.lgp somewhere else (in the desktop, for example). When LGPTools finishes, close it and move the file to the field folder.

pidey

« Reply #669 on: 2005-11-07 20:04:34 »
I've noticed another battle model that you could perhaps switch in with the next patch, The boss after the second mako reactor in midgar is destroyed (whitened for possible though unlikely spoilers) It doesn't have its field model updated.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2005-11-08 07:36:22 »
Airbuster? heh.  That would be a logical next release; in fact, i'm surprised he wasn't in before.

Btw, you dont have to worry about spoilers, here.  You're talking to people who have been disecting the game from every angle, so obviously, we've all played it =)

Dreakon

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2005-11-12 04:07:48 »
I have been considering reinstalling FFVII and playing through again, and what better time to try out this mod and the higher resolution one.  I have some questions about them though.

1.) Are the majority of the models done?  I'd imagine it must look pretty silly if some of the models look all nice like that and some are still and boxy and little.

2.) Is the number of models fixed on the first post up to date, and is the download link on the first post the latest?  If there are any newer releases (with possibly more models/fixes) not posted there, could someone direct me to them?

3.) Are there major clipping problems?  If there are, are they really bad?  Like... scene ruining problems?  Perhaps people who have played through the whole game with the fixed models could help answer this one.

Thank you all very much and great job with this mod!  It's amazing!

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2005-11-12 05:54:20 »
Yeah, I have some questions, too.

I downloaded the first download link on the previous page. I believe it was the "Non-SD version" and whatnot. However, when I applied the mod, the NPCs were really small. I don't really know what SD or non-SD means, so if someone could explain that, it would be helpful.

I've pretty much skimmed through this entire thread and I can't make head or tail of most of the computer language and abbreviations in here. I know how to apply the patches and everything; I just want to know what patch would make the NPCs look proportional in size to my Battle>Field converted main characters. And what would be the most updated patch.

Thanks.  :D

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2005-11-12 23:43:56 »
Well, let's see.
-There are still LOTS of model to be redone.
-It seems that there is a lot of people complaining about the size of the models. Well, sorry, probably you are right. I haven't checked the size of the remade NPCs against the size of those that Reunion converted from the battle models. If you think they are too small, well, make them larger. It's easy, seroiusly. Simply use the HRC resizer.
-I think the last pack ice_cold513 posted contains all the models that have been upgraded until now (including the reunion ones).
-SD stands for Super Deform. That is, with big head, hands and feet (like the original NPC or the FF9 NPCs).
-As for clipping... well, I think you can live with it. It doesn't ruin the game, but it's a bit odd.

APOSEIGd15

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2005-11-20 02:31:51 »
continueing an old save worked fine
startng a new game began with a box coming up saying follow me, newcomer, and a black background with nothing else otehr than that text box
i found that i could fix that by going to the menu and then exiting it
then, as the cool looking barret went away, two cool looking gurds came and started a fight
the window started opening up, and then when half the screen was still black and when the background music was about 2 seconds into the battle music, ff7 crashed
anyone know the problem here?