Author Topic: FF7 Odd Omnislash..  (Read 1909 times)

samourai23

• View Profile
FF7 Odd Omnislash..
« on: 2011-12-10 15:45:15 »
Hi there, after changing magics with Wallmarket, I noticed that Omnislash became kinda f*cked up... Like, it starts fine, and performs the first 6 hits correctly but then something weird happens, the hits aren't what they're supposed to be... After the first 6 hits, Cloud does a fast version of the last hit, but the damage still follows as usual...

It's kinda hard to explain....

Anybody knows what's going on ? :(

And also, you know when Vincent uses his level 4 limit, he becomes Chaos. And Chaos has 2 attacks, a physic one and a magic one.

Well I tried to make the magic one to be an E.Skill magic but it's buggy........
Let me explain: first I chose to replace the "Laser" E.Skill by The "first" Chaos's magic (because it is in two parts, first the eyes that cause death, and then the mouth that cause damage). So I replace Laser with the first part, and told it to launch "121" after it's complete. 121 being the second part of the attack.

So everything goes fine until the 2nd part.. If everybody's dead, then the attack will do 0 to where the ennemis were, and the game will be stuck that way (not froze. Stuck, meaning the time is in "stop" and I can't do a thing... It's like if the animation was never completed....)

Can you help me on this too ?

Thanks you in advance ! :)
« Last Edit: 2011-12-10 16:11:04 by samourai23 »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: FF7 Odd Omnislash..
« Reply #1 on: 2011-12-10 22:31:22 »
WallMarket can't affect Omnislash. The limit attacks are stored somewhere else other than in the KERNEL.BIN.

What I can imagine from Vincent's LBs is that they really aren't made to be messed with too much. It's possible the second "Satan Slam" attack has something in its animation that tells the first attack that the entire thing is complete. I can't say for sure because I haven't dug too deep into that.

samourai23

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Odd Omnislash..
« Reply #2 on: 2011-12-10 23:50:23 »
As a matter of it does affect Omnislash. I replaced my modified KERNEL.bin with my original one (I made a backup) and the problem was gone.

So it HAS to be it... :( :(

Why would it even do that anyway ? :(