Author Topic: Hello, is there any "Barret to Sephiroth" mod ?  (Read 4168 times)

samourai23

• View Profile
Hello, is there any "Barret to Sephiroth" mod ?
« on: 2015-08-01 15:14:15 »
Hello everyone, I've been looking everywhere, but it's always Cloud who's being replaced.

And I'd love to play the game using Cloud and Sephiroth at the same time.

Thanks for your help ! :)

Edit: I just need Barret "Battle" parts to be changed to Sephiroth, I don't care about the fields, nor the limitbreaks. (I guess I'd need a "LimitBreak gauge always 0" code though. Someone told me it was easy and quick to do, but he only hacks the PSP version so he couldn't help me with the PC version. He said something about "take the file named sefiros.LZS located into the enemy16 folder, extract it, then insert it inside BARRET.LZS slot"

But I have no idea how to do that, can someone help ?
« Last Edit: 2015-08-03 14:28:56 by samourai23 »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, is there any "Barret to Sephiroth" mod ?
« Reply #1 on: 2015-08-04 15:16:33 »
It's not that easy nor on PSX/PSP or on PC. Sephiroth hasn't all needed animations and his skeleton is to different to change his parts over to another model.

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-08-04 16:35:21 »
And how could I use the original sephiroth without having a crash whenever they start talking on fields ?

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #3 on: 2015-08-04 19:34:17 »
And how could I use the original sephiroth without having a crash whenever they start talking on fields ?

i think you would need to change the fields model id so that it thinks that its whom ever your trying to replace.

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-08-04 22:01:46 »
No I mean, if I don't replace anyone, if I just put the real Sephiroth in my team.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-08-05 08:27:53 »
No I mean, if I don't replace anyone, if I just put the real Sephiroth in my team.

As I said Sephiroth hasn't certain animations (no hurt animation for example). Even if you hack him into the game through Black Chocobo or Wallmarket it will produce a lot of problems and complications (I guess he replaces Vincent's ID). The game is old and so the techniques it uses.

To get me right, I don't want to convince you to not to do it, I only want to tell you that it isn't that easy as someone has told you. The PC version is even (much) better to modify as the PSX version.
I would highly appreciate it if somebody would find a way to implement Sephiroth with all animations working (which means of course new animations for the missing ones). All the new things which would be discovered by that would become pretty handy for me and Genesis063, too.
« Last Edit: 2015-08-05 09:42:31 by Kaldarasha »

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-08-05 13:11:32 »
I use a Harcore mod, by gjoerlv (or something) and it includes controllable sephiroth with custom animations in battle.

All I wanna do is have real Sephiroth in my team but without having the crashes on fields (when you're supposed to have cloud, barret and tifa for example, have them talk without one of them will crash the game.)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-08-05 13:53:28 »
I use a Harcore mod, by gjoerlv (or something) and it includes controllable sephiroth with custom animations in battle.

I presume that he enabled the control for Sephiroth for the Nibelheim flashback, it's a bit different there because he is meant to be used there so it doesn't need to much hacking (if I do remember right it was only an AI hack).

The field is tricky you could ask Genesis063 why. http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15156.0

In short the field loads for each scene a set of models plus a set of animations for each model. So you have to replace the model for Barret in the char.lgp and all his animations with the model of Sephiroth and his animation. Problem here: for Sephiroth aren't so much animations available and they have to fit to the animation Barret would use for an action.

Over and all that's why we haven't so many character replacement mods here. Modern games use one skeleton which is usable for all human models/sprites so swapping a model is often an easy thing to do.

samourai23

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2015-08-05 14:15:24 »
And couldn't we just remove the sequences where the characters come out of cloud ? You know ? A way to make the game not load the actions where the characters talk or something ?