Miscellaneous Forums > Graphical

[Steam] Modding Secret of Mana Remake (.phyre engine files)

(1/3) > >>

Mcindus:
Hello out there!  I know that FFX/X-2 have similar file types to SoM, but the Steam SoM seems to actually use the PS4/3/Vita .phyre engine files.  They released the game with Vita limitations, and it would be nice to be able to add some customization to the world/npcs/characters.

I'm looking at the textures currently (using TextureFinder 2); but am unsure if I can re-pack new textures into the game using it.  It would also be lovely if we could unpack/repack the .dae.phyre Collada files.

Footnote:
I'm posting this here because Secret of Mana is part of the Final Fantasy 'multiverse' and was created as Final Fantasy's 'action/rpg' with more focus on live combat and turn-based spellcasting - and was to be the first release on the Nintendo CD - which never materialized.  It also seems to share similar file types with other FF titles.

If only they would remake Seiken Densetsu 3.  Best snes/famicom rpg ever made.

BamiGorengo:
You find any way to get the game data from the steam version of SoM? I Really need some Textures to! :D

Mcindus:

--- Quote from: BamiGorengo on 2018-03-14 03:24:02 ---You find any way to get the game data from the steam version of SoM? I Really need some Textures to! :D

--- End quote ---

I can grab the models and textures, but don't know how to re-insert them!

Kaldarasha:
Hopefully you find a way! Changing them to a more realistic looking level would be awesome. Though, what I would really like to see, would be a mod which changes the look of the characters depending on the equipment they wear.

Now, where I think about it, it's a shame that SE didn't use that engine to make a 'Secret of' game maker. And using this remake and the GB remake as demonstration of what can be done. This would absolutely satisfy the prize of $40. They could have made even money with the games some people would have created. Then the engine failure would have become the best engine ever.

BamiGorengo:
Is there Amy was to geht in Touch with you? Im Doing a Database for the HD Remake in 5 languages. Would bei cool when I geht some Textures to make the Interface more beautiful.

And i try now for the first time to extract with TextureFinder2 a Texture Pack: steamapps/common/Secret of Mana/Media/D3D11/UI/common.phyre

I tryed with alot params, the best results i got with:

Pixel Formats: 8888 = 24+8
Width: 4096
Shift: 0

But the Colors look wrong... And i cant find any tutorial about this tool. anyone have any idea about the correct params?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version