Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII- The Continuing  (Read 19575 times)

d33eniz

• I am watching for you... but I can't find you...
    • View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
Final Fantasy VII- The Continuing
« on: 2009-05-28 21:20:11 »
Final Fantasy VII: The Continuing

Introduction:
I want to thank the world's greatest game with this Project- no, with this Tribute...
Yeah, something like that...
It will cost me and my programming team one year I think, for a beta version of this game.
You are asking yourself what the hell I am talking about? So, we are programming a new 3D FF7 Game- a nice Continuing. In English and German language.
Gameplay will be like Dynasty Warriors- I hope it will be ;)

Programming with DarkBASIC Professional 7.3, Modeling 3DS Max 2009 Pro, Graphic's with Adobe Photoshop CS3 and don't forget the Dark GDK (Games-Development-Kit)...

WTF/Story:
Completely in 3D. We can't say that it will have the graphics of CRYSIS or something like that, but I think we will create a creat game, with an awesome story, German/English Fandub and really nice graphics.
We HAVE a story Idea and we're working on it...

Technique:
Minimum Requirement:
Intel/AMD Singlecore mind. 2 Ghz
512 MB RAM
Geforce 7XXX up 128 MB RAM
Soundcard

Recommended Requirement:
Intel/AMD DualCore mind. 2*1,7 Ghz
1024 MB RAM
Geforce 8XXX up 256 MB RAM
Soundcard

Price:
Of COURSE NO MONEY! It's a Fanmade product ;)

The Team:

Progamming:
d33eniz [Deniz Cetin]
Kazuya [Süleyman Zorba]
Keckman [Dennis Keck]

Graphicdesgin:
d33eniz [Deniz Cetin]
carboxyl [Nikita Filatov]

Leveldesign:
d33eniz [Deniz Cetin]
carboxyl [Nikita Filatov]

Audio&Sounds:
d33eniz [Deniz Cetin]

Video/FMV:
d33eniz [Deniz Cetin]
Melina

Story:
d33eniz [Deniz Cetin]
Melina
Kazuya [Süleyman Zorba]
cetra1 <- gone

Contruction:
I made some Drafts and something like that- we have 7 Modules:

M1: Menu
M2: Worldmode
M3: Citymode
M4: Actions & Speek
M5: Battlemode
M6: Minigame
M7: Music & Sounds

One sketch:

I will draw more of them soon ;)

Donate:
If someone wants to donate us, send me a e-mail :D

I will tell you, when there's something new :D

If you want to ask me something, ask me here :D

End-Graphics Preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvKl5AWFd14

Gameplay Inspiration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwZrsmJDNJs

See ya,

Deniz

HIRING CALL! WE NEED 3DS CHARACTER DESIGNERS!

Actual Status[Text-Log]:

12.05.09 13:00 Project Begin
12.05.09 17:15 DarkBASIC Professional buyed
14.05.09 20:00 Programming helpers Zorba and Keck
17.05.09 17:00 Menu-Draft Online
17.05.09 21:15 YouTube Main Menu Test Upload
22.05.09 22:00 Main Menu optimized
22.05.09 22:10 YouTube WORKING Menu Upload
22.05.09 22:15 Searching for Graphic-Designer
28.05.09 22:45 Again another YouTube Preview Online
28.05.09 22:45 Waiting for character Designers (3DS)
03.06.09 00:00 carboxyl added as Graphic-Designer

Alpha-Drafts [Game-Log]:
Main-Menu-Draft:
DOWNLOAD v0.1 [Coming Soon]

Alpha-Draft-Videos [Video-Log]:
17.05.09 21:15
Main-Menu-Draft:
[FF7-TC] Draft1: Main Menu

22.05.09 22:10
Working Main-Menu:
[FF7-TC] Draft 1.1: WORKING Main Menu + 1st Ingame

28.05.09 23:00
Finished Menu-Draft & 1st real Ingame:
[FF7-TC] Draft 1.2: New Main Menu + 2nd Ingame
« Last Edit: 2009-07-20 14:29:22 by halkun »

Noen

• View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII- The Continuing
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-28 23:21:07 »
Let's see how long it is before Square issues a C&D.

Really I don't wanna sound negative but I don't think you realize the amount of work involved in such an idea, it takes Square-Enix years to produce their titles, and that's with a large team of professionals, not to mention they are REALLY protective over their IP, especialy FF7.

Just giving you fair waringing since I've seen them go after other FF7 fan-games before, and with something of this scale, assuming it gets off the ground, WILL attract their attention.

My advice, take all the effort you were gonna put into this and make an entirely new original concept game.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-28 23:23:12 by Noen »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-29 00:53:13 »
Will you be needing voice actors?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-05-29 04:42:21 »
D33eniz,
Your project has some big dreams, and judging by the videos and progress you've made, you fully intend to realize them.  However, just like Noen said, a C&D is sure to follow.

I encourage you to look up Chrono Trigger Resurrection and Chrono Trigger Remake Project.  Both were projects almost EXACTLY like yours and while they did make quite a bit of progress, once Squeenix got wind of it they were shut down.

My advice to you, keep this VERY low key.  I understand you need people to help with a project so massive (and it's great that you're doing it), but once you've got the people you need, do not post any updates whatsoever!  That is the mistake the two chrono trigger's made.  Once it is finished, you can release it (though you may get more than a C&D  :| )

But on a positive note,  Looking Good and good luck!

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-05-29 05:12:03 »
Totally agree. Square Enix is not dumb and they won't just sit and look how people make their own sequel to a game they created. Besides, the story of FF7, according to my opinion, has been completely destroyed by things like dirge of cerberus or by advent children (crisis core however is alright since it tells the past) because it's just an apparent method to pull more money out of the greatest game ever made. They revive dead chars, invent new excuses for them to be alive and pull the story right into the dirt the further they go. As cool as the idea may sound, the only real thrilling villain in all of the ff7 games was Sephiroth and he is dead. Leave it this way.(And I say that as probably one of the biggest Sephiroth fans of the entire world, I have his cosplay; leather cloak, boots, gloves^^ :-D; even got a wig although I can't really go outdoor with that lol).

Please listen to the forum members and plan a new game(or a FF7-remake with entire new graphics design would be great)
Or you could plan on new graphics design for other FF games, theyre all great and for example a 3D FF6 would get my attention for certain.

Didn't want to criticize you, just an advice, The Black-caped Man

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #5 on: 2009-05-29 16:56:16 »
Mmmmmh- okay, I know that, really^^

But what is C&D? What can Square Enix do with me? What COULD happen, if I release this?

If I plan a new game, it won't be for FF7^^

I COULD make a new game with its own story- but I really want to make one about FF7^^

@The Black-caped Man:
I won't tell the story now- but I think, we have an awesome idea and if we can program it well, it will be really nice...

@Covarr:
Yes, but we have already budie's to do that, sorry ;)

@Zarnik:
It would be awesome :D At first, we need a High-Quality Cloud! We prefer .3DS or .X Formats for the 3D Objects- our Game-Engine is fantastic- you can build a great one :D
But not so "big"- its height has to be 'bout 300px, I hope you can realize it ;)

Mmmh...
Again:
WTF is C&D? :D

I REALY want to REALIZE it! I DON'T want to make just another RPG, you know...

Everyone's saying that it is illegal- I KNOW! But- I want to share it with everybody- actually, I am making it for all FF7 Fans, you know^^

@The Black-caped Man:
Eh, making a 3D FF6 isn't illegal or what xD It's illegal, when I touch FF7, at all ;)

So, I will continue my FF7 Project, I am proud of me- I think...
Maybe Square will fuck me up- but- if the world will hear me- my dream would come true, you know...

Maybe...

Yeah, I have big dream, maybe too big dreams- but, noone can stop me TRYING it!!!

But, thanks for those, who know that and are helping me!

Deniz

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-05-29 17:16:02 »
The legality of your project is debatable. If you give Square credit for the names and likenesses, and also state this is a strictly a fan-made game, you haven't really broken any law.  However, Square can claim your game will detract from future sells they could make which is why they COULD send you a C&D.

A C&D is a Cease and Desist.  Basically if Square finds out about your project and doesn't like it, or if they think it will somehow harm their future sells, they will send you a letter requesting that you stop all progress pertaining to the project.  If you choose to continue working on it from there, they could very well take you to court if they see you as that much of a threat.

Now, it's not a guarantee they will send you a letter, and they may not even find out about the project.  Continue your work! Just make sure it isn't posted all over the internet, then if you get a letter from Square you can decide if you still want to continue the project.

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-05-29 17:54:54 »
Eh, making a 3D FF6 isn't illegal or what xD It's illegal, when I touch FF7, at all

you could just say its a kind of patch to FF6 like we have all the high res patches and all the mods for FF7

I think remaking FF6 or something wouldnt be that much of a problem than programming sequels to games

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #8 on: 2009-05-29 18:34:43 »
If you give Square credit for the names and likenesses, and also state this is a strictly a fan-made game, you haven't really broken any law.

So- If I say everytime that everything is coprighted by Square Enix and all rights reserved, etc. ... AND if I say that it IS a fanmade-game, It would be- eh, a bit legal or what :D

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-05-29 18:40:26 »
It still wouldn't be legal. Contrary to popular belief, you are infringing on their trademarks even if you explicitly state that the characters, music, and scenario are owned by them.

However, the worst that's likely to happen is that they send you a C&D (Cease and Desist letter). What that means is that they want you to stop all work on the project, and probably get rid of any files you have pertaining to it. It's extremely unlikely that they actually sue you unless they issue a C&D and you ignore it.

If, once you're started and have the crew you need, you don't share ANY of your progress until you're finished, you're probably in the clear. It's still not quite legal, but it'll be too late for a C&D letter by the time you're finished, and they're unlikely to sue you without sending a C&D letter first.

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-05-29 19:33:14 »
Somehow I can't imagine this....so you say if he just keeps his mouth shut about it he can release it when hes finished without getting any problems by square enix? well if and only if its like this then continue your doing but somehow I doubt that

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #11 on: 2009-05-29 19:45:16 »
Yeah, I am a perfectionist.
I will NEVER, I'll say it again, NEVER release an alpha or beta Version! I thinked of this before beginning this project!

I will not release anything, except ingame Previews, till the game is finished. I don't care about that, what Square Enix will say about. If the company says "You gotta stop that project!"- I won't stop it! I will finish it- but I have to thank Square Enix for FF7, so I won't release it. I will have learned much about programming, logical considering, etc. ...

If Square says nothing, the whole world will hear of it- I am sure, Square too!

But I know now that Square will not allow me to release this project- so I won't release beta's or something like that until I have the final Release!

If Square Enix says anything AFTER Finishing my project, it's ok- but not before. I will release just previews about the never-released FF7-FanGame...
So maybe the people will write Square something and that's giving me hope- more than anything.

I am not a pro, but we will release a professional made seeming game- like I said before, I am a perfectionist, I will work until it IS perfect!
We have a high-quality Equipment, awesome programmers, extreme friendly teammembers and an amazing Synchro-Team!

Who/What can stop us except God on this world?

Noone- Nothing. Even not Square.

I won't be sad if they won't allow me RELEASING it- but I will know that we have worked hard on it and it is really nice. I don't want more.

Maybe Square Enix will thank me, nobody know's exactly what WILL happen, do they?

So, see ya,

Deniz

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-05-29 22:40:39 »
No, not even previews are safe. Chrono Trigger Resurrection never released betas or demos, just videos and screenshots, and that was enough for S-E to tell them to stop.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-05-29 22:58:39 »
No, not even previews are safe. Chrono Trigger Resurrection never released betas or demos, just videos and screenshots, and that was enough for S-E to tell them to stop.
Exactly.  If you want to keep this thread updated on your progress by writing about it, that should be fine.

Somehow I can't imagine this....so you say if he just keeps his mouth shut about it he can release it when hes finished without getting any problems by square enix? well if and only if its like this then continue your doing but somehow I doubt that
I'm saying it won't get shut down that way.  Then once it's finished he could torrent it out to a handful of people, and them to other people, so on and so forth with only a small chance of it being traced back to who d33eniz really is

Noen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-05-30 05:39:47 »
Yeah, I am a perfectionist.
I will NEVER, I'll say it again, NEVER release an alpha or beta Version! I thinked of this before beginning this project!

I will not release anything, except ingame Previews, till the game is finished. I don't care about that, what Square Enix will say about. If the company says "You gotta stop that project!"- I won't stop it! I will finish it- but I have to thank Square Enix for FF7, so I won't release it. I will have learned much about programming, logical considering, etc. ...

If Square says nothing, the whole world will hear of it- I am sure, Square too!

But I know now that Square will not allow me to release this project- so I won't release beta's or something like that until I have the final Release!

If Square Enix says anything AFTER Finishing my project, it's ok- but not before. I will release just previews about the never-released FF7-FanGame...
So maybe the people will write Square something and that's giving me hope- more than anything.

I am not a pro, but we will release a professional made seeming game- like I said before, I am a perfectionist, I will work until it IS perfect!
We have a high-quality Equipment, awesome programmers, extreme friendly teammembers and an amazing Synchro-Team!

Who/What can stop us except God on this world?

Noone- Nothing. Even not Square.

I won't be sad if they won't allow me RELEASING it- but I will know that we have worked hard on it and it is really nice. I don't want more.

Maybe Square Enix will thank me, nobody know's exactly what WILL happen, do they?

So, see ya,

Deniz

Woa Woa Slow down kid, you're getting delusions of grandeur here.

And you are missing the thing that I'm actually trying to protect you from here. Yes you are able to make this project without any problems, even if Square sends a C&D, HOWEVER if you release it in any shape or form with or without Square knowing about it then you're no longer safe, they will have every right to sue you back to the stone age, and don't put it past them, they are VERY protective over FF7 because it is their main cash cow, and more importantly they are a company, their goal is to make money and if you're perceived as a threat to them they will be ruthless.

Now really, there are things they will let people get away with in terms of IP, these include pretty much all the mods currently going on here at Qhimm (save for anything using ported content), and various things for other games such as maps or player models like the ones for Jedi Academy (just as long as its just random things and not a full blown total conversions). Unfortunately any large scale projects such as yours are doomed to fail from the beginning, usually they don't get off the ground (I have had quite a number of people with similar projects in mind coming to me asking for my Midgar model and after i sent them away i never heard anything of their projects again) but even tho you seem very ambitious and it might actually get moving, you must understand that despite your good intentions of just wanting to make a game based on something you love, Square will just see you infringing on their intellectual property and want you to stop.

So in conclusion, you should really make your own game of your own concept if you want to undergo a large project that won't land you in legal trouble. Making an FF7 based game, remaking FF7 or any other FF game simply won't be tolerated by Square cause as you can see they are currently doing most of these themselves and if they let you do it then they will loose out. (why buy their remake or game when there's one online for free?).
« Last Edit: 2009-05-30 05:41:24 by Noen »

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #15 on: 2009-05-30 09:29:42 »
(why buy their remake or game when there's one online for free?).
I thought about this fact a long time ago- well, at first I wanted to remake the whole game- but that was a "bit" too big for me ;) I would need years to finish it- until then the new Remake from Square would be probably on Sale ;)

Again, I thank you for all this tips about the Problems with Square Enix.

Okay, I have a big mouth- but I only opened it, when I really know I CAN do it. So, like I said before- if Square says "STOP that Project"- I will finish this project, but don't release it. Ok, I WILL be sad about it, but what could I do? I have to talk with a big man from Square if I really want to release it xD

But that should be a bit difficult ;)

Yeah, Square is a company like Shin-Ra :lol: and wants money :D

So, until Square's saying nothing, I will continuing my work- until it's finished!

At this point I want to thank you all because of informing me well about the laws and the conflicts between me and Square!
So now I just want to hear something like "You can do that thing better..."- or "This has to be improved..."- something like that, just tips for my game...

Thank you all again,

Deniz

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-05-30 10:27:48 »
So now I just want to hear something like "You can do that thing better..."- or "This has to be improved..."- something like that, just tips for my game...

Since its a sequel it plays in the future of FF7 right? As I said pls let it have a well, thought through storyline.(pls don't revive Sephiroth, Hojo or Rufus again^^). Thats the most important part for me. About graphics design I dont know much so this is pretty much all of my wishes. The graphics doesnt matter to me anyway, anything like FF8 or beyond is alright.

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #17 on: 2009-05-30 11:24:00 »
So, our Idea is:

After Advent Children Complete, Tifa is leading her courier service and Cloud is still a courier- one day a package is staying in front of their House- with a notice saying "Please deliver this Package to the following adress and DON'T OPEN THIS! NEVER! VERY IMPORTANT!"

So Cloud has to deliver this package- and he does (without opening it).

But when he arrived that place/house the door's already opened and noone's there the man, who has to get the package is dead or somehting like that...

We don't know what will be coming or how we will continue this idea- but I am sure, the most of the people will like it ;)

Legend's don't die ;)

Deniz

moses7

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-05-30 13:12:42 »
Dynasty Warrior like game? WOW I can already imagine Cloud moving fast and slashing swarms of enemies like doing the OmniSlash
That caught my attention a lot. But Final Fantasy VII Continuation.....not quite.

As a FFVII fan I can say that I only want a official Final Fantasy VII sequel or story especially the continuation.
Fans are still waiting for another sequel of Final Fantasy VII there may not be a continuation(On the way to a smile Episode Denzel no that much of a continuation)  but there can be prequels as we have seen.

No offense, but for me. The idea of a Fan-made Continuation is more of a turn-off.

Releasing something this BIG like the Continuation would surely catch the attention of Square and sue you or halt your project. They will hate your Tribute
Not only that Square-Enix might sue you for making a game of their possible future release but what if Square released its own game or movie sequel? Yours might even be ignored more by fans.

Why not create a game about the existing story already or a side story? Like parts of the Story that Square won't probably be releasing.
Advent Children: The Game would be great. :-o
or What happened before he got to AVALANCHE.
or create a side story out of parts of the game. Like the travels of the gang since we don't know what happened during the world map travels.
I think these won't be that much of a trouble for Square and may be considered renditions just like all the other things already happening on this forum.

From your recent posts you're saying something like you don't care if Square stops you from releasing it as long as you are able to create it.

You might be saying that you don't care. But I believe me and others who read this post are already interested. Maybe others from your TEAM want their hard work to be released.

There's nothing better than the Idea of a fast-paced action adventure game starring the cast of Final Fantasy VII.  :-o :-o :mrgreen: That would be epic. But Unofficial Continuation or Ending...... :?
But if it's a side story or something I bet fans would like to play and add it to their FFVII collection or compilation. With a gameplay like that. It rocks!!!!
For me it's better if the focus is more on you're gameplay rather than the Continuation. Since the FFVII theme already catches fans attention and Crisis Core is not that much of an Hardcore Action game.
Your Tribute will be much appreciated if we're able to play it.

Just my suggestion though. Coz' I want to see your FFVII game released.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-30 13:19:42 by moses7 »

The Black-caped Man

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009-05-30 17:49:32 »
After Advent Children Complete.....

well so this means you leave Rufus and Hojo alive? If you ask me, It'd be better if you invent more or less another future that happens instead of AC or Dirge of Cerberus(with those guys dead^^)

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #20 on: 2009-05-30 18:36:00 »
Hojo IS dead- but not Rufus^^

We're going to make a game with all fact's about Final Fantasy VII- you will se it, when it's released- it's more an indirekt Continuation of the Game!

I think you guys will play it ;) Of course ;) As FF7 Fans ;)

You will se that our story isn't the badest- I just hope we can realize it as I am imagining it^^

That's the biggest problem :D

And our game needs PhysX :D Without PhysX our game won't be a "bit" realistic (ok, Cloud's sword isn't realistic too :D )

So- we also will get (60%) Nvidia PHYSX- so it will be awesome.

I planned everything well- I am throwing huge words and promises around- but just trust me- I know what we're doing.

We will impress you- with graphics, gameplay, music, sounds, effects and also with the story- don't worry about this game, just an advice from ME :D

See ya,

Deniz

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009-05-30 21:30:57 »
Well best of luck d33eniz, judging from the videos everything is going quite smoothly with your project.  There really isn't anything to criticize until you are a little further along in development of levels / story / characters.

Also, please don't get the idea that your project will upset Square.  The Jedi Academy mod was extremely large and had very detailed areas laid out exactly like the original FF7.  Also there is Mr Adults game called AVALANCHE, and while I haven't played enough to see if he uses any settings from the original game, he does have a few FF7 characters in there.  Not to mention he outright states its a spinoff of FF7.

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #22 on: 2009-05-30 21:45:25 »
Yeah, I know about the Jedi Academy mod- it is really awesome!

And yeah again- it's too early to say anything...

So, you will hear of me ;)

Deniz

Noen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009-05-31 13:30:48 »
Also, please don't get the idea that your project will upset Square.  The Jedi Academy mod was extremely large and had very detailed areas laid out exactly like the original FF7. 

See the Chrono trigger remake, they got really hissy over that. Tho with Square its a hit and miss thing, they might get upset, they might not care.

Also the JA mod was actually not very big, it was just a map with some player models (i contributed to it so i know) and is a typical example of something that's underneath square's radar. They don't care if you make various player models or maps for a game like JA where it's just mindless deathmatch gaming.

d33eniz

• View Profile
    • United ODC Corporation
« Reply #24 on: 2009-05-31 14:15:39 »
AGAIN!
WE IMMEDIATELY NEED GAME DESIGNERS!

WRITE AN E-MAIL TO [email protected] !!!

LOOKING FOR CHAR MODELS! ALSO PEOPLE WHO CAN DESIGN THE WORLD OBJECT'S!

[halkun edit... Please, don't be obnoxious with the font tag]

As example, we need at first the Cloud model- and we need him in .3DS or .X Format with its texture's in .png or .bmp format!
We need also animations for him- so write us or me, if you can design a Cloud model and his animations! Walk, Run, etc. ...

2. Example: We need for the world the Midgar Monument- you know it from the Movie AC (Has to look like this:
http://www3.pic-upload.de/31.05.09/9tuekv.jpg
http://www3.pic-upload.de/31.05.09/hsn4k1.jpg

Also in .3DS or .X Format with its textures in .png or .bmp format!

PLEASE, WE NEED YOU :D

Deniz
« Last Edit: 2009-07-20 10:19:42 by halkun »