Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4923856 times)

xerounltd

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9997)
« Reply #11625 on: 2023-12-25 01:39:14 »
Hello xerounltd.

You are talking about Cloud´s stand, right? You have some options to edit in the mod "60/30 FPS gameplay", here:

I hope this helps you.

Thank you!!! Worked perfectly.

Still can't find Twin Viper though Q_Q

zeroMana

• View Profile
« Reply #11626 on: 2023-12-25 03:59:40 »
Hi all,
I'm having an issue with the Kalm Traveler in 2.0. I turned in the guidebook for the gold chocobo and that seemed to work fine, however, returning later to turn in the desert rose, he reverted to vanilla and gives me another gold chocobo. Anybody else experience this? Is there a fix? Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2024-01-03 23:29:06 by zeroMana »

Ubz

• View Profile
« Reply #11627 on: 2023-12-25 22:16:08 »
I have come back to this game after a few months and would like to ask some questions/report issues:

• I cannot remember which of my save files is which game type (A or B), is there a way to verify the game type for a specific save file?
  • While trying to start over, I noticed that the game type selection menu does not work properly, in that selecting return while navigating game type still causes the game to start. Is this a known issue, or should I consider reinstalling?

Thanks

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11628 on: 2023-12-28 17:55:07 »

• I cannot remember which of my save files is which game type (A or B), is there a way to verify the game type for a specific save file?
  • While trying to start over, I noticed that the game type selection menu does not work properly, in that selecting return while navigating game type still causes the game to start. Is this a known issue, or should I consider reinstalling?

1) bosses depending on which gamepoint in time your at maybe altered. theres most likely something contained within the savefile too.

2) no idea on second one, perhaps load order issue? should give choice A/B alongside hard/normal toggleExP option. then starts, try check load order there is an autosort on the right hand side 1/9 of 7th heaven mod manager if your using that suggest try that.

Ubz

• View Profile
« Reply #11629 on: 2023-12-28 20:53:32 »
1) bosses depending on which gamepoint in time your at maybe altered. theres most likely something contained within the savefile too.

2) no idea on second one, perhaps load order issue? should give choice A/B alongside hard/normal toggleExP option. then starts, try check load order there is an autosort on the right hand side 1/9 of 7th heaven mod manager if your using that suggest try that.

Thank you for responding:

1) Okay. Checking the bosses will probably be a lot of work as there is no wiki on changes and I do not want to get spoiled. I do not know how to analyse save files, and I am not so familiar with game as to notice the differences immediately.

But more pressingly:

2) I tried autosort, which did not work, and then deleted all of my current mods on 7th Heaven and reinstalled new threat 2.0 and the issue is still happening. To be clear: New game -> gametype A (or choose B does not matter) -> return -> (moves to exp toggle and hard mode menu) -> return to game type select -> (opening fmv plays and game begins)

Interestingly, I selected normal or hard difficulty and the return option on the submenu DOES bring me back, so I am beginning to suspect something wrong with the newest update or something (to be clear, I am on version 2.099973. I'll try doing a full reinstall of FFVII at some point if I can be arsed, but would be nice if someone could confirm it IS just me.

Honestly, I can probably still play the game, but it makes me wonder what other issues I could be vulnerable to if indeed my installation is borked.

Soulstice

• View Profile
« Reply #11630 on: 2023-12-29 03:46:44 »
Hi! I'm having trouble finding clear information on the exact differences between 2.0, Combat Only, and Vanilla Combat. Can someone explain these?

Also, I've never finished FFVII before, so I'm looking for an experience that's fairly similar to vanilla, but I do like to be moderately challenged, and it sounds like the vanilla game is too easy on its own. I've read, however, that in New Threat 2.0, while the difficulty is better balanced, physical attacks are nerfed to the point of being underpowered, forcing you to rely mostly on magic, which to me sounds like a downgrade, being that not all playstyles are viable. Can anyone speak to whether or not this is true?

While I like the idea of the improved script, new events/dialogue, character specific abilities, Source upgrades, QoL improvements and new limit requirements, I don't want the items, materia, and enemy skills moved around in my game where I can't find them. Is it possible to have the former without the latter? Thank you!

Edit: I'm also wondering, when you open the configure mod menu for New Threat Combat Only on 7th Heaven, there's an option that simply says Choose, and a toggle for on and off, however I cannot find an explanation in the readme or anywhere else. What does this mean?

Final thing, does the 6030 FPS mod work with Combat Only?
« Last Edit: 2023-12-30 03:53:46 by Soulstice »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11631 on: 2023-12-31 20:21:53 »
Hi! I'm having trouble finding clear information on the exact differences between 2.0, Combat Only, and Vanilla Combat. Can someone explain these?

Also, I've never finished FFVII before, so I'm looking for an experience that's fairly similar to vanilla, but I do like to be moderately challenged, and it sounds like the vanilla game is too easy on its own. I've read, however, that in New Threat 2.0, while the difficulty is better balanced, physical attacks are nerfed to the point of being underpowered, forcing you to rely mostly on magic, which to me sounds like a downgrade, being that not all playstyles are viable. Can anyone speak to whether or not this is true?

While I like the idea of the improved script, new events/dialogue, character specific abilities, Source upgrades, QoL improvements and new limit requirements, I don't want the items, materia, and enemy skills moved around in my game where I can't find them. Is it possible to have the former without the latter? Thank you!

Edit: I'm also wondering, when you open the configure mod menu for New Threat Combat Only on 7th Heaven, there's an option that simply says Choose, and a toggle for on and off, however I cannot find an explanation in the readme or anywhere else. What does this mean?

Final thing, does the 6030 FPS mod work with Combat Only?

I personally find physical attacks to be just as viable but there's probably more ways to do more damage with magic; the trick is to try and equip armour, accessory, and Materia to push their Strength and Luck stats. I think I adjusted things like enemy defences and spell strengths for the late-game a little to try and counteract it a bit.

These are the two derivatives from the full mod:
*) Combat Only: Only the battle balancing is included (enemy strength & character equipment, spells, etc.), the field scripting, story text, item placement, events, etc. are all vanilla. Any new enemies added for NT are also removed. For people who want the combat rebalancing stuff but not the other stuff I've added. 2.0 has this variant. It can be used as a compatibility option with mods that adjust field scripting, though it may not be 100%.

*) Vanilla Combat: The opposite of the above; all the new field scripting, events, item placements, etc. for NT are included but all of the enemy encounters and character equipment, etc. is vanilla. For people who want the extra stuff, but not the battle rebalancing. 2.0 doesn't have this variant (the 1.5 build has it), but I'm planning to make this for 2.0 soon.

As for item placements & enemy skills, they're mostly the same with a few exceptions; Matra Magic is still learned from Custom Sweepers outside Midgar, for instance. There's a download I have on this thread that contains documentation which lists where everything is (or at least, one location for it) if that helps.

The 30/60 FPS mod should work with Combat Only; enable both the 60fps IRO and the 60FPS NT IRO like you would for the full mod.

The IRO text on the options isn't super clear, but I did an update to NT CO today that hopefully makes it a little clearer; it's just an internal thing so that it applies the files, and should be left On.

Dorklord

• View Profile
« Reply #11632 on: 2023-12-31 23:16:43 »
Hi Sega Chief,

I have a quick question regarding
Spoiler: show
the battle where you play as Zack in his last stand.
Is the battle winnable or do the enemies keep coming endlessly until you lose? Also if it is winnable, is there a reward to winning or is it just bragging rights?

Soulstice

• View Profile
« Reply #11633 on: 2024-01-01 03:16:23 »
I personally find physical attacks to be just as viable but there's probably more ways to do more damage with magic; the trick is to try and equip armour, accessory, and Materia to push their Strength and Luck stats. I think I adjusted things like enemy defences and spell strengths for the late-game a little to try and counteract it a bit.

These are the two derivatives from the full mod:
*) Combat Only: Only the battle balancing is included (enemy strength & character equipment, spells, etc.), the field scripting, story text, item placement, events, etc. are all vanilla. Any new enemies added for NT are also removed. For people who want the combat rebalancing stuff but not the other stuff I've added. 2.0 has this variant. It can be used as a compatibility option with mods that adjust field scripting, though it may not be 100%.

*) Vanilla Combat: The opposite of the above; all the new field scripting, events, item placements, etc. for NT are included but all of the enemy encounters and character equipment, etc. is vanilla. For people who want the extra stuff, but not the battle rebalancing. 2.0 doesn't have this variant (the 1.5 build has it), but I'm planning to make this for 2.0 soon.

As for item placements & enemy skills, they're mostly the same with a few exceptions; Matra Magic is still learned from Custom Sweepers outside Midgar, for instance. There's a download I have on this thread that contains documentation which lists where everything is (or at least, one location for it) if that helps.

The 30/60 FPS mod should work with Combat Only; enable both the 60fps IRO and the 60FPS NT IRO like you would for the full mod.

The IRO text on the options isn't super clear, but I did an update to NT CO today that hopefully makes it a little clearer; it's just an internal thing so that it applies the files, and should be left On.

Thank you for your very thorough answer! Much appreciated. Combat Only sounds perfect for me then, since I haven't ever finished the game.

When I tried to run the game from 7th Heaven just now, I get an error that says 60 fps animations for New Threat 2.0 requires you to activate New Threat 2.0 as well, but I have New Threat Combat Only enabled already, so it seems that for some reason the 60 fps mod won't work with Combat Only. Any ideas?

remmy88

• View Profile
« Reply #11634 on: 2024-01-05 17:10:42 »
Anyone else game freeze when using chronocure? I thought it was part of the spell or something first time i used it having chrono in the name lol, but that game stayed frozen..could hear me getting attacked in the backround though and to force close the game.

k1ra

• View Profile
« Reply #11635 on: 2024-01-06 11:34:08 »
Anyone looking to use mods on a Steam Deck, this https://github.com/dotaxis/7thDeck worked perfectly for me.

I'm new to registering, but I've been following this site and this mod on and off for a very long time. I've never really been a PC gamer, though, so being able to play modded FFVII portably is a dream come true.

Having a blast so far. It's astounding the amount of work and dedication you've put into this, Sega Chief. I'm glad you're still around after all these years. I'm up to Junon at the moment. I think the innates thing is pretty neat, and I like the switch-up you've done with materia and equipment, definitely playing in a different way due to it. Looking forward to what's to come!

hotandcrunchy

• View Profile
« Reply #11636 on: 2024-01-09 20:54:48 »
I've installed the Combat Only mod and I can't find an explanation anywhere on the only configurable item: what is "New Thread Mod - Core Files" for? Is this something that enables the mod? Like do I need to enable the mod and then enable this as well?

guisfsj

• View Profile
« Reply #11637 on: 2024-01-12 19:44:28 »
hi i want to know if  "only combat version" of new threat 2.0 keeps classes and sp system. i am doing a second playtrough and i dont wanna change too much. but i want a revigorate battle system, since documentation links its not avaible anymore.

thanks.

HardPunkKore

• View Profile
« Reply #11638 on: 2024-01-17 01:40:25 »
@ Sega Chief. Love what you have done with the game.

Question: The documentation in the mod files says there is an Added Effect Materia hidden somewhere in Great Glacier. I have searched and searched. Got any hints on where to find it?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #11639 on: 2024-01-18 16:06:39 »
Hey Sega Chief, not sure what's up, could be a bug, but the version I'm on (2.09973) Cid's Big Brawl limit on Schizo and some other enemies in Great Glacier does nothing, no damage, it doesn't even make a sound effect.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11640 on: 2024-01-20 00:16:41 »
Hi Sega Chief,

I have a quick question regarding
Spoiler: show
the battle where you play as Zack in his last stand.
Is the battle winnable or do the enemies keep coming endlessly until you lose? Also if it is winnable, is there a reward to winning or is it just bragging rights?

It's just for bragging rights, the fight was originally going to loop infinitely but I decided to just make it close off after the final wave.

Thank you for your very thorough answer! Much appreciated. Combat Only sounds perfect for me then, since I haven't ever finished the game.

When I tried to run the game from 7th Heaven just now, I get an error that says 60 fps animations for New Threat 2.0 requires you to activate New Threat 2.0 as well, but I have New Threat Combat Only enabled already, so it seems that for some reason the 60 fps mod won't work with Combat Only. Any ideas?

Unsure, it's probably an ID thing and expecting the regular version rather than the variant. I'll look into it.

Anyone else game freeze when using chronocure? I thought it was part of the spell or something first time i used it having chrono in the name lol, but that game stayed frozen..could hear me getting attacked in the backround though and to force close the game.

Sounds like an issue with the attack animation; on its own it should be fine, but maybe there's another mod or some tweak to the way the game renders graphics that has caused this one to malfunction. It's a very rare attack animation in the base game from what I remember (used by Tonberries), so it maybe slipped the net.

Anyone looking to use mods on a Steam Deck, this https://github.com/dotaxis/7thDeck worked perfectly for me.

I'm new to registering, but I've been following this site and this mod on and off for a very long time. I've never really been a PC gamer, though, so being able to play modded FFVII portably is a dream come true.

Having a blast so far. It's astounding the amount of work and dedication you've put into this, Sega Chief. I'm glad you're still around after all these years. I'm up to Junon at the moment. I think the innates thing is pretty neat, and I like the switch-up you've done with materia and equipment, definitely playing in a different way due to it. Looking forward to what's to come!

Cheers; good to hear it works on steam deck.

I've installed the Combat Only mod and I can't find an explanation anywhere on the only configurable item: what is "New Thread Mod - Core Files" for? Is this something that enables the mod? Like do I need to enable the mod and then enable this as well?

It's just an internal thing; IROs need ID'd flags within other IROs to toggle options, etc. I just left it in for that. It is a bit redundant as the IRO itself has a toggle on the library page, but I didn't want to cause unforeseen compat issues by removing it.

hi i want to know if  "only combat version" of new threat 2.0 keeps classes and sp system. i am doing a second playtrough and i dont wanna change too much. but i want a revigorate battle system, since documentation links its not avaible anymore.

thanks.

It has all of NT's changes to the battle system, but as SP is handled through field script this part isn't in there I'm afraid.

@ Sega Chief. Love what you have done with the game.

Question: The documentation in the mod files says there is an Added Effect Materia hidden somewhere in Great Glacier. I have searched and searched. Got any hints on where to find it?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

It's on this field:

Hey Sega Chief, not sure what's up, could be a bug, but the version I'm on (2.09973) Cid's Big Brawl limit on Schizo and some other enemies in Great Glacier does nothing, no damage, it doesn't even make a sound effect.

There's a visual bug with that Limit Break on the steam version; it won't display damage numbers correctly and has other visual/audio bugs. It's not NT-related.

I've put together a Vanilla Combat variant of the mod, for people who want the default game's battles & character equipment, etc. It should be on the catalog now, but a link is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sLdMU0QDFnDDrT8z1KvTPdqYmUaLN-va/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: 2024-01-20 00:24:14 by Sega Chief »

HardPunkKore

• View Profile
« Reply #11641 on: 2024-01-21 12:13:45 »
@Sega Chief.

I finally found it. It is very well hidden. I ran right by it at least a dozen times. The blue materia blends in very well with the shades of white, grey and other blues from the environments snow, ice and storm effects. Even after knowing what screen it is in, I have to deep scan the area to find it.

Kudos!

Having a blast playing with the mod.

Thanks!!!

KelloggCereal1

• View Profile
« Reply #11642 on: 2024-01-21 20:42:34 »
Trying out the 2.0 Vanilla Combat variant and the All materia in the Beginners Hall has been replaced with a Sense materia. I also noticed that a Star Pendant is still obtainable in the sector 5 reactor before planting the bomb. I am receiving "An invalid initial state was detected; your game's kernel has not been patched." error upon selecting a new game. I uninstalled/reinstalled 7th Heaven and FF7 entirely and tried with only New Threat 2.0 Vanilla Combat installed and still noticed these errors. Not sure what to do at this point so I apologize if this ends up being a user error.

I would just like to thank you for all of the work you've done with New Threat over the years, it's always been my favorite way to experience the game.

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #11643 on: 2024-01-22 17:18:36 »
Aeris has Cid's Scimitar as an available weapon to equip, and can actually use it. Was this on purpose or a bug? NT version 2.09973

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11644 on: 2024-01-22 17:21:54 »
Trying out the 2.0 Vanilla Combat variant and the All materia in the Beginners Hall has been replaced with a Sense materia. I also noticed that a Star Pendant is still obtainable in the sector 5 reactor before planting the bomb. I am receiving "An invalid initial state was detected; your game's kernel has not been patched." error upon selecting a new game. I uninstalled/reinstalled 7th Heaven and FF7 entirely and tried with only New Threat 2.0 Vanilla Combat installed and still noticed these errors. Not sure what to do at this point so I apologize if this ends up being a user error.

I would just like to thank you for all of the work you've done with New Threat over the years, it's always been my favorite way to experience the game.

The error message should be fine, it was just a failsafe check I added to the full mod to make sure that the kernel was patched. As vanilla combat uses a vanilla kernel, it's triggering the logic in the field script to report an error (I forgot to remove it). I'll remove the error script in the next patch; it's safe to ignore that error message for now. Sorry for the reinstall hassle.

I think Sense being in Beginner's Hall has something to do with explaining to Barret how to use Materia, but I'd need to check. I'd consider it intended for now.

Aeris has Cid's Scimitar as an available weapon to equip, and can actually use it. Was this on purpose or a bug? NT version 2.09973

Yeah I set Aeris to be able to use some of Cid's late-game weapons to give her some extra options, as she has less weapons overall than the other characters. I added the models to her character model data so they should appear, unless overwritten by a model swap mod or something.
« Last Edit: 2024-01-22 17:24:38 by Sega Chief »

KelloggCereal1

• View Profile
« Reply #11645 on: 2024-01-22 19:30:34 »
Thanks for the response Sega Chief. I was mostly interested in the vanilla version because I thought the item/materia placements would be reverted to vanilla FF7 states. That doesn't appear to be the case which is fine. As far as the All materia is concerned, Cloud does not spawn with it like he does in standard 2.0 nor is it at the Beginner's Hall, so not sure what to do about that.

I did plant the second bomb at the No. 5 Reactor and initiated an encounter against three Bulga? I know it's supposed to be a Thunder Gunner in standard 2.0, but I had expected to not have an encounter there at all given it's vanilla combat, so not sure what's going on there as well.
« Last Edit: 2024-01-22 20:18:56 by KelloggCereal1 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11646 on: 2024-01-25 14:01:13 »
Thanks for the response Sega Chief. I was mostly interested in the vanilla version because I thought the item/materia placements would be reverted to vanilla FF7 states. That doesn't appear to be the case which is fine. As far as the All materia is concerned, Cloud does not spawn with it like he does in standard 2.0 nor is it at the Beginner's Hall, so not sure what to do about that.

I did plant the second bomb at the No. 5 Reactor and initiated an encounter against three Bulga? I know it's supposed to be a Thunder Gunner in standard 2.0, but I had expected to not have an encounter there at all given it's vanilla combat, so not sure what's going on there as well.

Just forgot to change that battle ID to something appropriate; I'll sort something out for All as well.

funkscience

• View Profile
« Reply #11647 on: 2024-01-28 05:23:53 »
Playing through this amazing mod for the first time and having a blast! Hoping someone might be able to help with this question/problem:

I've saved Aeris but am unable to put her in the party through PHS. She's on the highwind, is interactive, has dialogue, but I can't play play her. Is there something I need to do to get her fighting again or is something bugged?

Many thanks in advance!

Wacker3

• View Profile
« Reply #11648 on: 2024-01-28 10:44:00 »
Hi all.

I am having some trouble in the Shinra mansion, specifically recruiting Vincent. I am on game type A and have gotten the Sephiroth scene and beaten lost number but I started getting crashes when entering the screen with Vincent's room so I left Nibelheim and re-entered which seemed the fix that, however the door the Vincent's is closed and i can see from others playthroughs it should just be open? Not sure how to proceed and don't wanna miss out on a party member so any help would be appreciated since I'm really enjoying the game otherwise.

Thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11649 on: 2024-01-28 14:20:53 »
Playing through this amazing mod for the first time and having a blast! Hoping someone might be able to help with this question/problem:

I've saved Aeris but am unable to put her in the party through PHS. She's on the highwind, is interactive, has dialogue, but I can't play play her. Is there something I need to do to get her fighting again or is something bugged?

Many thanks in advance!

That's unusual, were any other mods active?

Hi all.

I am having some trouble in the Shinra mansion, specifically recruiting Vincent. I am on game type A and have gotten the Sephiroth scene and beaten lost number but I started getting crashes when entering the screen with Vincent's room so I left Nibelheim and re-entered which seemed the fix that, however the door the Vincent's is closed and i can see from others playthroughs it should just be open? Not sure how to proceed and don't wanna miss out on a party member so any help would be appreciated since I'm really enjoying the game otherwise.

Thanks

There should be a key in one of the chests close to the safe (the safe is no longer required to recruit Vincent) which will let you open the door.