Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4925030 times)

Wacker3

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9997)
« Reply #11650 on: 2024-01-28 14:50:11 »
I'm sorry but unless I am blind (which is a possibility) there are no chests near the safe and I'm pretty sure I've opened all others in the mansion.

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #11651 on: 2024-01-28 17:48:02 »
Hello funkscience.

I have a similar problem about Aeris, the problem was that I used "Cactuar mod". Other thing that you can do is this: Start a new gameplay, only for make sure of this detail: 

Do you see this image when you start a new gameplay? Do it with the mods that you already have it enalbled.

If you don´t  see this image disable your mods one by one until you get it.

I hope this help you.

funkscience

• View Profile
« Reply #11652 on: 2024-01-28 20:40:13 »
Just chiming in to say that I was also having crashes trying to get vincent. I had to disable battles for that section to avoid crashes and that seemed to get me through it, but there was definitely some weird bugs going on that were scary...

funkscience

• View Profile
« Reply #11653 on: 2024-01-28 20:43:06 »
wdx on the discord generously helped modify my save file to fix it but I don't know what caused it. I did indeed have Cactaur mod active in order correct the xbox controller icons - should I disable Cactaur or was this the only part of the game that caused problems for you?

Hunfinho

• View Profile
« Reply #11654 on: 2024-01-29 14:01:27 »
This is definitely the best way to play FF7, I'm just too addicted, but i'm having some doubts right now.

For the mock weapons, is there someway that I figure out what they can do? Or any document that have this information? Some of them you can figure it out, but most of them I still have no clue what it does.

Spoiler: show
Also for the Shinra Mansion, any hints on the "The fifth row has been (melody)", I looked everything up and couldn't find anything on the game or in the forum, but that thing is really bothering me because I want to figure it out.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11655 on: 2024-01-29 17:02:03 »
I'm sorry but unless I am blind (which is a possibility) there are no chests near the safe and I'm pretty sure I've opened all others in the mansion.

I think the info I gave you was out of date (it used to be in a chest but it looks like I updated the scripts since then); I'll double-check while I'm investigating where the crash might be coming from. Sounds like it's from battles.

This is definitely the best way to play FF7, I'm just too addicted, but i'm having some doubts right now.

For the mock weapons, is there someway that I figure out what they can do? Or any document that have this information? Some of them you can figure it out, but most of them I still have no clue what it does.

Also for the Shinra Mansion, any hints on the "The fifth row has been (melody)", I looked everything up and couldn't find anything on the game or in the forum, but that thing is really bothering me because I want to figure it out.

There's a piano on the ground floor that can be played like tifa's piano; one of the keys is broken so it's a little more tricky to play by ear but if you play the tune you usually play on tifa's piano there something may happen (think it's Disc 3 also maybe).

As for the mock weapons:
Nail Bat: 30% crit rate bonus
Work Glove: +100 Vit/Spr
Rocket Punch: 30% crit rate bonus
Hairpin: Long-Range
Umbrella: 30% crit rate bonus
Mop: Water/Blunt element, Dex+52, Lck+70
Superball: Deals bonus modifier damage when you have dead allies (yoshiyuki effect)
Trumpet Shell: Inflicts Sadness & restores HP
Lightgun: Inflicts KO, 100% crit-rate

Edit: So I had a look, I wasn't able to replicate a crash though.

So for 2.0, it seems that the basement door where Vincent is sleeping is unlocked by default, and the laboratory door is locked instead. The key sits on Vincent's coffin and is obtained when interacting with the coffin. This makes Vincent's recruitment mandatory as the player can't leave through Nibelheim's back exit until they've found Sephiroth in the lab.

Hi all.

I am having some trouble in the Shinra mansion, specifically recruiting Vincent. I am on game type A and have gotten the Sephiroth scene and beaten lost number but I started getting crashes when entering the screen with Vincent's room so I left Nibelheim and re-entered which seemed the fix that, however the door the Vincent's is closed and i can see from others playthroughs it should just be open? Not sure how to proceed and don't wanna miss out on a party member so any help would be appreciated since I'm really enjoying the game otherwise.

Thanks

Based on the above, how did you get into the laboratory without talking to Vincent? The way into the lab should be blocked until the player has spoken to him in his coffin. Were you able to just enter the lab as normal without doing that? Are there any other mods active? It shouldn't be possible currently to talk to Sephiroth in the mansion before talking to Vincent. I'm thinking something's interfered and left parts of the mansion as vanilla/altered fields maybe which has disrupted the logic. Also, if you're able to send me your save file I can take a look at it and see what's been set and what's not been set.
« Last Edit: 2024-01-29 17:39:09 by Sega Chief »

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #11656 on: 2024-01-29 17:54:48 »
Hello funkscience.

I did indeed have Cactaur mod active in order correct the xbox controller icons - should I disable Cactaur or was this the only part of the game that caused problems for you?

In my case Aeris disappeared from PHS option. Some characters disappeared in the Villages, too. I enabled and disabled Cactuar but It was the same. So, I decided to start all over the game.

Wacker3

• View Profile
« Reply #11657 on: 2024-01-29 21:17:46 »
Hey Sega
As you said I was able to walk straight into the lab and get that scene, after returning I would get the crash, I did have a few other mods enable at the time

7th Heaven Version: 3.2.0.0

# [Tsunamods] Wizard Staff
   ID: 8c1020f8-562c-4a1e-87ab-dd328c0aa567
   Version: 1.70
   Is Active: True
   "Spell Names"  (Spells)   = True    (1)       
# [Tsunamods] Cosmo Memory
   ID: 2e4c6623-97b9-4d5c-b2f3-b4f24f06a911
   Version: 1.13
   Is Active: False
   "Center Battle SFX"    (Center)      = True               (1)       
   "Menu Sounds"          (Sound)       = "Updated Vanilla"  (1)       
   "Voiced Attacks"       (Grunts)      = False              (0)       
   "Field Ambience"       (FA)          = True               (1)       
   "Battle Ambience"      (BA)          = True               (1)       
   "Movie Sounds"         (FMV)         = True               (1)       
   "Field Footsteps"      (Footsteps)   = True               (1)       
   "World Map Footsteps"  (WM)          = True               (1)       
# Cosmos FMV (30 fps)
   ID: 4309613f-d6b3-4e0a-a5c7-6af71da34d7d
   Version: 1.02
   "character type"  (CHARACTER_TYPE)   = "Original + ChaOS"  (1)       
# 60/30 FPS Animations for New Threat 2.0
   ID: c8234df3-ff27-4df4-8cb2-70e7bb021d78
   Version: 1.01
   "New Threat 2.0 FPS Mode"  (Mode)   = "60 FPS Mode"  (1)       
# 60/30 FPS Gameplay
   ID: c0d1e191-a251-465d-8a3c-a3be5366d849
   Version: 1.12
   "FPS Mode"                           (FPSMode)      = "Full 60 FPS"             (3)       
   "Field mode 60 FPS Fix"              (FlevelFix)    = False                     (0)       
   "Advanced Field Animation (60 FPS)"  (AdvancedFA)   = "NinostyleHD animations"  (2)       
# Ninostyle Battle
   ID: 2b25060c-c60e-426e-ac46-f85439e903e3
   Version: 23.0701
   "Cloud"                (Cloud)        = "Nino Cloud"        (1)       
   "Barret"               (Barret)       = "Nino Barret v3.0"  (1)       
   "Tifa"                 (Tifa)         = "Nino Tifa"         (1)       
   "Aerith"               (Aerith)       = "Nino Aerith"       (1)       
   "Red XIII"             (Red XIII)     = "Nino Red XIII"     (1)       
   "Yuffie"               (Yuffie)       = "Nino Yuffie"       (1)       
   "Cait Sith"            (Cait Sith)    = "Nino Cait Sith"    (1)       
   "Vincent"              (Vincent)      = "Nino Vincent"      (1)       
   "Cid"                  (Cid)          = "Nino Cid"          (1)       
   "Sephiroth"            (Sephiroth)    = "Nino Sephiroth"    (1)       
   "Jessie Mod"           (Jessie Mod)   = "No Change"         (0)       
   "Other"                (Other)        = "Nino Other"        (1)       
   "Ansgar's Busterizer"  (busterizer)   = False               (0)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified Battle Textures
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5775-700000000001
   Version: 1.03
   "SYW Unified Battle Textures"  (FF7SYWU)   = True    (1)       
# Remako HD
   ID: 58fa1e13-0b18-4172-87c3-56ff3195083c
   Version: 2.0
   "Remako HD Battle Textures"  (BattleTextures)   = "1 - [4x Upscale] Remako HD"  (1)       
# Ninostyle Chibi
   ID: 2b25060c-c60e-426e-ac46-f85439e903e2
   Version: 23.0305
   "Chibi Field and World Models"  (fb)                = "On"                           (1)       
   "L@zar0's Upgrades"             (lazaro)            = "On"                           (1)       
   "Efryt's Little Work"           (efryt fb)          = "On"                           (1)       
   "Tifa Remake Outfit"            (alt tifa)          = "Off"                          (0)       
   "Dynamic Weapons (BETA)"        (Dynamic Weapons)   = "Dynamic Weapons - On"         (1)       
   "Buggy"                         (buggy)             = "Original Colors - NinoStyle"  (1)       
   "Chocobo"                       (chocobo)           = "NinoStyle"                    (2)       
   "Highwind"                      (highwind)          = "NinoStyle"                    (1)       
   "Submarine"                     (submarine)         = "NinoStyle"                    (1)       
   "Tiny Bronco"                   (tiny_bronco)       = "NinoStyle"                    (1)       
   "Cargo Ship"                    (cargo_ship)        = "NinoStyle"                    (1)       
   "Gelnika"                       (gelnika)           = "NinoStyle"                    (1)       
# Ninostyle HD
   ID: 2b25060c-c60e-426e-ac46-f85439e903e9
   "======HD Field Models======"  (HD Field Models)   = ""                                 (0)       
   "Cloud"                        (Cloud)             = "Nino Cloud With Dynamic Weapons"  (2)       
   "Barret"                       (Barret)            = "Nino Barret v3.0"                 (1)       
   "Tifa"                         (Tifa)              = "Nino Tifa"                        (1)       
   "Aerith"                       (Aerith)            = "Nino Aerith"                      (1)       
   "Red XIII"                     (Red XIII)          = "Nino Red XIII"                    (1)       
   "Yuffie"                       (Yuffie)            = "Nino Yuffie"                      (1)       
   "Cait Sith"                    (Cait Sith)         = "Nino Cait Sith"                   (1)       
   "Vincent"                      (Vincent)           = "Nino Vincent"                     (1)       
   "Cid"                          (Cid)               = "Nino Cid"                         (1)       
   "Sephiroth"                    (Sephiroth)         = "Nino Sephiroth"                   (1)       
   "Zack"                         (Zack)              = "Nino Zack"                        (1)       
   "Other"                        (Other)             = "Nino Other"                       (1)       
   "======NPC's======"            (NPC's)             = ""                                 (0)       
   "Base"                         (models_base)       = "Kaldarasha"                       (1)       
   "Biggs"                        (models_biggs)      = "Kaldarasha"                       (1)       
   "Jessie"                       (models_jessie)     = "Kaldarasha"                       (1)       
   "Wedge"                        (models_wedge)      = "Kaldarasha"                       (1)       
   "======HD World Models======"  (World)             = ""                                 (0)       
   "Cid"                          (cid_world)         = "Cid"                              (1)       
   "Cloud"                        (cloud_world)       = "Cloud"                            (1)       
   "Tifa"                         (tifa_world)        = "Tifa"                             (1)       
   "======Minigame======"         (Minigame)          = ""                                 (0)       
   "Minigame"                     (minigames)         = "On"                               (1)       
   "======Vehicles======"         (Vehicles)          = ""                                 (0)       
   "Buggy"                        (buggy)             = "Original Colors - NinoStyle"      (1)       
   "Chocobo"                      (chocobo)           = "NinoStyle"                        (2)       
   "Highwind"                     (highwind)          = "NinoStyle"                        (1)       
   "Submarine"                    (submarine)         = "NinoStyle"                        (1)       
   "Tiny Bronco"                  (tiny_bronco)       = "NinoStyle"                        (1)       
   "Cargo Ship"                   (cargo_ship)        = "NinoStyle"                        (1)       
   "Gelnika"                      (gelnika)           = "NinoStyle"                        (1)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified Field Textures
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5776-720000000002
   "Advanced Texture Animations"  (ATA)   = "Recommended (99% Animated Fields)"  (1)       
# Remako HD
   ID: c4660557-8668-4dbc-a45c-80e2574c0088
   "Remako HD Field Textures"  (FieldTextures)   = ""      (2)       
# Postscriptthree's Gameplay Tweaks
   ID: 5f9f1ce0-a402-46e1-b8af-e4c09f7c40a8
   Version: 1.24
   "Multi-Linked Slots"                       (MLS)                   = "Enabled"                          (1)       
   "======Gameplay Adjustments======"         (Gameplay)              = ""                                 (0)       
   "True Wait Mode"                           (TrueWait)              = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Break Damage/HP Limit"                    (BDL)                   = "Off"                              (0)       
   "In-Battle PHS"                            (BattlePHS)             = False                              (0)       
   "Party Randomizer"                         (PartyRandomizer)       = False                              (0)       
   "Battle Randomizer"                        (BattleRando)           = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Solo Challenge"                           (SoloChallenge)         = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Limit Command Rework"                     (LimitOverhaul)         = True                               (1)       
   "Counters Add Effects"                     (CAE)                   = True                               (1)       
   "More Materia Pairs"                       (MorePairs)             = True                               (1)       
   "======Quality of Life/Convenience======"  (QOL)                   = ""                                 (0)       
   "Sense Adjustments"                        (Sense)                 = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Battle Animation Skip"                    (AnimationSkip)         = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Dialogue Turbo"                           (DialogueMash)          = "Off"                              (0)       
   "EXP Share"                                (EXPShare)              = "Inactive characters get full AP"  (2)       
   "Party Leader Override"                    (PartyLeaderOverride)   = "Off"                              (0)       
   "No Battle Music"                          (NBM)                   = False                              (0)       
   "Specific Music Fix"                       (MusicFix)              = False                              (0)       
   "======Balance Adjustments======"          (Balance)               = ""                                 (0)       
   "Enemy Speed Multiplier"                   (SpeedMult)             = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Easier Steals"                            (StealModifier)         = "Add Luck To Level"                (4)       
   "Status Speed Multiplier"                  (StatusSpeedMult)       = "Normal Speed"                     (0)       
   "Morph Damage Adjuster"                    (MorphMult)             = "No Change (1/8)"                  (0)       
# KACTUAR - Controller and Keyboard Icons
   ID: 3cbb8a22-3f87-483d-ab8c-81089a875f23
   Version: 1
   "1. Modify Dialogue Script"       (script)       = True               (1)       
   "2. Controller / Keyboard icons"  (controller)   = "PS5 - DualSense"  (3)       
   "3. Confirm Button "              (confirm)      = "Swapped"          (1)       
   "4. Change Font"                  (font)         = "HD Font"          (1)       
# New Threat 2.0
   ID: efc4bc61-7f80-4635-b583-f52c5c9d239f
   Version: 2.099973
   "Multi-Linked Slots"           (MLS)        = True    (1)       
   "Difficulty Modifier"          (ODM)        = "Off"   (0)       
   "New Threat Mod - Core Files"  (gameplay)   = True    (1)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified Minigames Textures
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5775-720000000004
   Version: 1.04
   "SYW Unified Minigames Textures"  (SYWU)   = "English"  (1)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified Spell Textures
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5775-700000000003
   "HD Spell textures"  (FF7SYWU)   = "English"  (1)       
# [Tsunamods] Phoenix Tail Avatars
   ID: 0487ed29-510a-43bb-99b2-a612d7df8d01
   Version: 4.02
   "Phoenix Tail"                (Avatars)            = "Phoenix Tail Type A"            (1)       
   "Dialogue/Battle Avatars"     (Dialogue Avatars)   = "Mini Phoenix Tail Off"          (0)       
   "Dialogue Avatars Animation"  (Dialogue Cursor)    = "Mini Phoenix Tail Mini Cursor"  (1)       
   "Remove Names"                (Remove Names)       = "Remove Names"                   (1)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified UI
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5775-722000000010
   "HD Fonts and icons"        (FF7SYWUFonts)       = "English HD Fonts and icons"  (1)       
   "HD avatars"                (FF7SYWUAvatar)      = True                          (1)       
   "HD credits"                (FF7SYWUCredits)     = "English HD credits"          (1)       
   "HD game over screen"       (FF7SYWUOver)        = "English HD game over"        (1)       
   "HD indicators"             (FF7SYWUIndicator)   = True                          (1)       
   "HD new game buster sword"  (FF7SYWUBuster)      = True                          (1)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified Worldmap Textures
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5775-700000000006
   "SYW Unified Worldmap Textures"  (SYWU)   = True    (1)       
# Remako [4x Upscale] World Textures
   ID: 98491fb3-ab39-4ca0-a9aa-2e956be7377e
   "World Textures"  (World Textures)   = "[4x Upscale] Remako HD - CaptRobau"  (1)       
# Gameplay Tweaks - Qhimm Catalog
   ID: 7c989c70-8381-4a5f-a2d8-3d22dc8f6042
   Version: 4.035
   "======Tweaks======"             (Tweaker)                = ""          (0)       
   "Always Run (PC)"                (Always Run)             = False       (0)       
   "Always Run (STEAM DECK)"        (Always Deck)            = False       (0)       
   "Clock Fix"                      (Clock Fix)              = False       (0)       
   "Great Glacier Unlimited Steps"  (glacier)                = False       (0)       
   "Increase Sense Limit"           (Increase Sense Limit)   = False       (0)       
   "Invincible"                     (Invincible)             = False       (0)       
   "Lock Inventory"                 (Lock Inventory)         = False       (0)       
   "Lucky Cait Sith"                (Lucky Cait Sith)        = False       (0)       
   "Lucky Tifa"                     (Lucky Tifa)             = True        (1)       
   "Save/PHS Anywhere"              (Save/PHS Anywhere)      = False       (0)       
   "Sync Barret Opening"            (Sync Barret Opening)    = False       (0)       
   "======Stats======"              (Stats)                  = ""          (0)       
   "AP Boost"                       (AP Boost)               = "No Boost"  (0)       
   "EXP Boost"                      (EXP Boost)              = "No Boost"  (0)       
   "Enemy HP Boost"                 (Enemy HP)               = "No Boost"  (0)       
   "Enemy Level Boost"              (Enemy Level)            = "No Boost"  (0)       

Unfortunately since then I've disabled the mod and recruited him the vanilla way and reactivated the mod afterward, so I'm not sure I have a save ate the exact time this problem is occurring
I can send you a save that is a bit before that if that would help?

debaser1920

• View Profile
« Reply #11658 on: 2024-01-31 10:08:00 »
I'm doing a full series run where I get all the achievements on Steam for every game.

I loved New Threat when I last played it, and I'm excited to see what has changed in the 2.0 version. Will it be possible to earn all the achievements while also playing New Threat, or does it break/invalidate some of them? I was planning to do scenario B because I want to see all the cool changes you came up with.

RyanSAngel

• View Profile
« Reply #11659 on: 2024-01-31 17:31:07 »
Hello, I was playing your 1.5 version of New Threat before receiving the "Save File Invalid" error when attempting to load my save. Any idea what's going on?

I stopped at the first save point inside Corel Prison.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11660 on: 2024-02-01 11:58:27 »
Hey Sega
As you said I was able to walk straight into the lab and get that scene, after returning I would get the crash, I did have a few other mods enable at the time

7th Heaven Version: 3.2.0.0

# [Tsunamods] Wizard Staff
   ID: 8c1020f8-562c-4a1e-87ab-dd328c0aa567
   Version: 1.70
   "Spell Names"  (Spells)   = True    (1)       
# [Tsunamods] Cosmo Memory
   ID: 2e4c6623-97b9-4d5c-b2f3-b4f24f06a911
   Version: 1.13
   "Center Battle SFX"    (Center)      = True               (1)       
   "Menu Sounds"          (Sound)       = "Updated Vanilla"  (1)       
   "Voiced Attacks"       (Grunts)      = False              (0)       
   "Field Ambience"       (FA)          = True               (1)       
   "Battle Ambience"      (BA)          = True               (1)       
   "Movie Sounds"         (FMV)         = True               (1)       
   "Field Footsteps"      (Footsteps)   = True               (1)       
   "World Map Footsteps"  (WM)          = True               (1)       
# Cosmos FMV (30 fps)
   ID: 4309613f-d6b3-4e0a-a5c7-6af71da34d7d
   Version: 1.02
   "character type"  (CHARACTER_TYPE)   = "Original + ChaOS"  (1)       
# 60/30 FPS Animations for New Threat 2.0
   ID: c8234df3-ff27-4df4-8cb2-70e7bb021d78
   Version: 1.01
   "New Threat 2.0 FPS Mode"  (Mode)   = "60 FPS Mode"  (1)       
# 60/30 FPS Gameplay
   ID: c0d1e191-a251-465d-8a3c-a3be5366d849
   Version: 1.12
   "FPS Mode"                           (FPSMode)      = "Full 60 FPS"             (3)       
   "Field mode 60 FPS Fix"              (FlevelFix)    = False                     (0)       
   "Advanced Field Animation (60 FPS)"  (AdvancedFA)   = "NinostyleHD animations"  (2)       
# Ninostyle Battle
   ID: 2b25060c-c60e-426e-ac46-f85439e903e3
   Version: 23.0701
   "Cloud"                (Cloud)        = "Nino Cloud"        (1)       
   "Barret"               (Barret)       = "Nino Barret v3.0"  (1)       
   "Tifa"                 (Tifa)         = "Nino Tifa"         (1)       
   "Aerith"               (Aerith)       = "Nino Aerith"       (1)       
   "Red XIII"             (Red XIII)     = "Nino Red XIII"     (1)       
   "Yuffie"               (Yuffie)       = "Nino Yuffie"       (1)       
   "Cait Sith"            (Cait Sith)    = "Nino Cait Sith"    (1)       
   "Vincent"              (Vincent)      = "Nino Vincent"      (1)       
   "Cid"                  (Cid)          = "Nino Cid"          (1)       
   "Sephiroth"            (Sephiroth)    = "Nino Sephiroth"    (1)       
   "Jessie Mod"           (Jessie Mod)   = "No Change"         (0)       
   "Other"                (Other)        = "Nino Other"        (1)       
   "Ansgar's Busterizer"  (busterizer)   = False               (0)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified Battle Textures
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5775-700000000001
   "SYW Unified Battle Textures"  (FF7SYWU)   = True    (1)       
# Remako HD
   ID: 58fa1e13-0b18-4172-87c3-56ff3195083c
   "Remako HD Battle Textures"  (BattleTextures)   = "1 - [4x Upscale] Remako HD"  (1)       
# Ninostyle Chibi
   ID: 2b25060c-c60e-426e-ac46-f85439e903e2
   "Chibi Field and World Models"  (fb)                = "On"                           (1)       
   "L@zar0's Upgrades"             (lazaro)            = "On"                           (1)       
   "Efryt's Little Work"           (efryt fb)          = "On"                           (1)       
   "Tifa Remake Outfit"            (alt tifa)          = "Off"                          (0)       
   "Dynamic Weapons (BETA)"        (Dynamic Weapons)   = "Dynamic Weapons - On"         (1)       
   "Buggy"                         (buggy)             = "Original Colors - NinoStyle"  (1)       
   "Chocobo"                       (chocobo)           = "NinoStyle"                    (2)       
   "Highwind"                      (highwind)          = "NinoStyle"                    (1)       
   "Submarine"                     (submarine)         = "NinoStyle"                    (1)       
   "Tiny Bronco"                   (tiny_bronco)       = "NinoStyle"                    (1)       
   "Cargo Ship"                    (cargo_ship)        = "NinoStyle"                    (1)       
   "Gelnika"                       (gelnika)           = "NinoStyle"                    (1)       
# Ninostyle HD
   ID: 2b25060c-c60e-426e-ac46-f85439e903e9
   "======HD Field Models======"  (HD Field Models)   = ""                                 (0)       
   "Cloud"                        (Cloud)             = "Nino Cloud With Dynamic Weapons"  (2)       
   "Barret"                       (Barret)            = "Nino Barret v3.0"                 (1)       
   "Tifa"                         (Tifa)              = "Nino Tifa"                        (1)       
   "Aerith"                       (Aerith)            = "Nino Aerith"                      (1)       
   "Red XIII"                     (Red XIII)          = "Nino Red XIII"                    (1)       
   "Yuffie"                       (Yuffie)            = "Nino Yuffie"                      (1)       
   "Cait Sith"                    (Cait Sith)         = "Nino Cait Sith"                   (1)       
   "Vincent"                      (Vincent)           = "Nino Vincent"                     (1)       
   "Cid"                          (Cid)               = "Nino Cid"                         (1)       
   "Sephiroth"                    (Sephiroth)         = "Nino Sephiroth"                   (1)       
   "Zack"                         (Zack)              = "Nino Zack"                        (1)       
   "Other"                        (Other)             = "Nino Other"                       (1)       
   "======NPC's======"            (NPC's)             = ""                                 (0)       
   "Base"                         (models_base)       = "Kaldarasha"                       (1)       
   "Biggs"                        (models_biggs)      = "Kaldarasha"                       (1)       
   "Jessie"                       (models_jessie)     = "Kaldarasha"                       (1)       
   "Wedge"                        (models_wedge)      = "Kaldarasha"                       (1)       
   "======HD World Models======"  (World)             = ""                                 (0)       
   "Cid"                          (cid_world)         = "Cid"                              (1)       
   "Cloud"                        (cloud_world)       = "Cloud"                            (1)       
   "Tifa"                         (tifa_world)        = "Tifa"                             (1)       
   "======Minigame======"         (Minigame)          = ""                                 (0)       
   "Minigame"                     (minigames)         = "On"                               (1)       
   "======Vehicles======"         (Vehicles)          = ""                                 (0)       
   "Buggy"                        (buggy)             = "Original Colors - NinoStyle"      (1)       
   "Chocobo"                      (chocobo)           = "NinoStyle"                        (2)       
   "Highwind"                     (highwind)          = "NinoStyle"                        (1)       
   "Submarine"                    (submarine)         = "NinoStyle"                        (1)       
   "Tiny Bronco"                  (tiny_bronco)       = "NinoStyle"                        (1)       
   "Cargo Ship"                   (cargo_ship)        = "NinoStyle"                        (1)       
   "Gelnika"                      (gelnika)           = "NinoStyle"                        (1)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified Field Textures
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5776-720000000002
   "Advanced Texture Animations"  (ATA)   = "Recommended (99% Animated Fields)"  (1)       
# Remako HD
   ID: c4660557-8668-4dbc-a45c-80e2574c0088
   "Remako HD Field Textures"  (FieldTextures)   = ""      (2)       
# Postscriptthree's Gameplay Tweaks
   ID: 5f9f1ce0-a402-46e1-b8af-e4c09f7c40a8
   Version: 1.24
   "Multi-Linked Slots"                       (MLS)                   = "Enabled"                          (1)       
   "======Gameplay Adjustments======"         (Gameplay)              = ""                                 (0)       
   "True Wait Mode"                           (TrueWait)              = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Break Damage/HP Limit"                    (BDL)                   = "Off"                              (0)       
   "In-Battle PHS"                            (BattlePHS)             = False                              (0)       
   "Party Randomizer"                         (PartyRandomizer)       = False                              (0)       
   "Battle Randomizer"                        (BattleRando)           = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Solo Challenge"                           (SoloChallenge)         = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Limit Command Rework"                     (LimitOverhaul)         = True                               (1)       
   "Counters Add Effects"                     (CAE)                   = True                               (1)       
   "More Materia Pairs"                       (MorePairs)             = True                               (1)       
   "======Quality of Life/Convenience======"  (QOL)                   = ""                                 (0)       
   "Sense Adjustments"                        (Sense)                 = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Battle Animation Skip"                    (AnimationSkip)         = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Dialogue Turbo"                           (DialogueMash)          = "Off"                              (0)       
   "EXP Share"                                (EXPShare)              = "Inactive characters get full AP"  (2)       
   "Party Leader Override"                    (PartyLeaderOverride)   = "Off"                              (0)       
   "No Battle Music"                          (NBM)                   = False                              (0)       
   "Specific Music Fix"                       (MusicFix)              = False                              (0)       
   "======Balance Adjustments======"          (Balance)               = ""                                 (0)       
   "Enemy Speed Multiplier"                   (SpeedMult)             = "Off"                              (0)       
   "Easier Steals"                            (StealModifier)         = "Add Luck To Level"                (4)       
   "Status Speed Multiplier"                  (StatusSpeedMult)       = "Normal Speed"                     (0)       
   "Morph Damage Adjuster"                    (MorphMult)             = "No Change (1/8)"                  (0)       
# KACTUAR - Controller and Keyboard Icons
   ID: 3cbb8a22-3f87-483d-ab8c-81089a875f23
   Version: 1
   "1. Modify Dialogue Script"       (script)       = True               (1)       
   "2. Controller / Keyboard icons"  (controller)   = "PS5 - DualSense"  (3)       
   "3. Confirm Button "              (confirm)      = "Swapped"          (1)       
   "4. Change Font"                  (font)         = "HD Font"          (1)       
# New Threat 2.0
   ID: efc4bc61-7f80-4635-b583-f52c5c9d239f
   Version: 2.099973
   "Multi-Linked Slots"           (MLS)        = True    (1)       
   "Difficulty Modifier"          (ODM)        = "Off"   (0)       
   "New Threat Mod - Core Files"  (gameplay)   = True    (1)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified Minigames Textures
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5775-720000000004
   "SYW Unified Minigames Textures"  (SYWU)   = "English"  (1)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified Spell Textures
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5775-700000000003
   "HD Spell textures"  (FF7SYWU)   = "English"  (1)       
# [Tsunamods] Phoenix Tail Avatars
   ID: 0487ed29-510a-43bb-99b2-a612d7df8d01
   Version: 4.02
   "Phoenix Tail"                (Avatars)            = "Phoenix Tail Type A"            (1)       
   "Dialogue/Battle Avatars"     (Dialogue Avatars)   = "Mini Phoenix Tail Off"          (0)       
   "Dialogue Avatars Animation"  (Dialogue Cursor)    = "Mini Phoenix Tail Mini Cursor"  (1)       
   "Remove Names"                (Remove Names)       = "Remove Names"                   (1)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified UI
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5775-722000000010
   "HD Fonts and icons"        (FF7SYWUFonts)       = "English HD Fonts and icons"  (1)       
   "HD avatars"                (FF7SYWUAvatar)      = True                          (1)       
   "HD credits"                (FF7SYWUCredits)     = "English HD credits"          (1)       
   "HD game over screen"       (FF7SYWUOver)        = "English HD game over"        (1)       
   "HD indicators"             (FF7SYWUIndicator)   = True                          (1)       
   "HD new game buster sword"  (FF7SYWUBuster)      = True                          (1)       
# [Tsunamods] SYW Unified Worldmap Textures
   ID: 50000000-5555-ff75-5775-700000000006
   "SYW Unified Worldmap Textures"  (SYWU)   = True    (1)       
# Remako [4x Upscale] World Textures
   ID: 98491fb3-ab39-4ca0-a9aa-2e956be7377e
   "World Textures"  (World Textures)   = "[4x Upscale] Remako HD - CaptRobau"  (1)       
# Gameplay Tweaks - Qhimm Catalog
   ID: 7c989c70-8381-4a5f-a2d8-3d22dc8f6042
   Version: 4.035
   "======Tweaks======"             (Tweaker)                = ""          (0)       
   "Always Run (PC)"                (Always Run)             = False       (0)       
   "Always Run (STEAM DECK)"        (Always Deck)            = False       (0)       
   "Clock Fix"                      (Clock Fix)              = False       (0)       
   "Great Glacier Unlimited Steps"  (glacier)                = False       (0)       
   "Increase Sense Limit"           (Increase Sense Limit)   = False       (0)       
   "Invincible"                     (Invincible)             = False       (0)       
   "Lock Inventory"                 (Lock Inventory)         = False       (0)       
   "Lucky Cait Sith"                (Lucky Cait Sith)        = False       (0)       
   "Lucky Tifa"                     (Lucky Tifa)             = True        (1)       
   "Save/PHS Anywhere"              (Save/PHS Anywhere)      = False       (0)       
   "Sync Barret Opening"            (Sync Barret Opening)    = False       (0)       
   "======Stats======"              (Stats)                  = ""          (0)       
   "AP Boost"                       (AP Boost)               = "No Boost"  (0)       
   "EXP Boost"                      (EXP Boost)              = "No Boost"  (0)       
   "Enemy HP Boost"                 (Enemy HP)               = "No Boost"  (0)       
   "Enemy Level Boost"              (Enemy Level)            = "No Boost"  (0)       

Unfortunately since then I've disabled the mod and recruited him the vanilla way and reactivated the mod afterward, so I'm not sure I have a save ate the exact time this problem is occurring
I can send you a save that is a bit before that if that would help?

No worries about the save file, another player had the same issue and they isolated it down to the Kactuar mod; game text and event scripts live in the same 'chunk' so in order to update text with button icons, field scripts also get overwritten. I think Kactuar has a NT compat option where it avoids doing that and just updates the actual icon images, as NT adds button icons to its own text. Make sure that compat option is enabled in Kactuar, or if you experience any further issues consider deactivating it.

I'm doing a full series run where I get all the achievements on Steam for every game.

I loved New Threat when I last played it, and I'm excited to see what has changed in the 2.0 version. Will it be possible to earn all the achievements while also playing New Threat, or does it break/invalidate some of them? I was planning to do scenario B because I want to see all the cool changes you came up with.

I think it breaks some of them, usually the ones to do with event progression or killing certain bosses. Some are unaffected, but others won't trigger.

Hello, I was playing your 1.5 version of New Threat before receiving the "Save File Invalid" error when attempting to load my save. Any idea what's going on?

I stopped at the first save point inside Corel Prison.

It's very unusual for a save file to get corrupted; was the game interrupted while it was saving? You may need to use a tool like Black Chocobo to try and salvage it. If that's a no go, then send it to me and I'll see what I can do with it. If it can't be fixed then I can send you one of my old 1.5 saves in that location.

Final_Figue

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9998)
« Reply #11661 on: 2024-02-01 17:04:39 »
Hello Sega.

Thank you for the update, but there is a problem, I can´t make the update. In the catalog you can see the v2.0.9998 but inside your Mods list I see only the v2.0.99974 version. I click on update and there is a message above:

Error installing New Threat 2.0 - The mod is queued for install.

I already erase the mod from my list and download it again but It´s the same. I close 7H but the problem is still there.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11662 on: 2024-02-01 21:17:00 »
Hello Sega.

Thank you for the update, but there is a problem, I can´t make the update. In the catalog you can see the v2.0.9998 but inside your Mods list I see only the v2.0.99974 version. I click on update and there is a message above:

Error installing New Threat 2.0 - The mod is queued for install.

I already erase the mod from my list and download it again but It´s the same. I close 7H but the problem is still there.

Have updated the ver number.

Final_Figue

• View Profile
« Reply #11663 on: 2024-02-01 21:31:44 »
Indeed, It works fine now, thank you so much.

sunjo

• View Profile
« Reply #11664 on: 2024-02-02 02:29:53 »
Hey everyone. I recently started a New Threat 2.0 Type B run a few days ago and I'm absolutely loving this mod. Everything was going perfectly smooth without any issues/bugs until I got to Junon after Cloud gives Sephiroth the Black Materia and you wake up as Tifa after the cutscene. I speak with Barret and once I get control of him, I walk to the media room where Tifa is going to be executed. I watch the dialogue play out and after failing to open the door to the room Tifa is locked in, Cait Sith and Aeris join back up so I now have my full party. I exit the media room and I know I am suppose to turn right to go down the hall and exit to the outside area of Junon. This is exactly where the problem occurred. The game would not allow me to enter to the outside area of Junon like an invisible wall was blocking me. I will note I was speeding up the dialogue and Weapon cutscene with 12x speedhack.

My first time encountering this, I was basically softlocked and couldn't progress the game since the media room is locked and the previous rooms all the way back to the main conference room where Rufus and Heidegger are watching Weapon out the window also lead to more locked doors. I was forced to reload a previous save I had just before the whole Black Materia cutscene. I progressed back to this point and this time I did not use speedhack at all during the media room dialogue and only used it to speed up the long Weapon cutscene. I was able to successfully exit to the outside area of Junon this time but ran into another problem: my Barret was completely invisible. I was somehow able to navigate him, despite being invisible, to the elevator/lift type thing but then the game hardlocked once the lift ended. The game wasn't frozen but I was unable to do anything. I couldn't open the menu or pause or anything like that.

I'm wondering if having Aeris in my party is the root cause since she's suppose to be dead? Curious to hear if this has happened to anyone else.

Ubz

• View Profile
« Reply #11665 on: 2024-02-02 14:45:43 »
Thank you for responding:

1) Okay. Checking the bosses will probably be a lot of work as there is no wiki on changes and I do not want to get spoiled. I do not know how to analyse save files, and I am not so familiar with game as to notice the differences immediately.

But more pressingly:

2) I tried autosort, which did not work, and then deleted all of my current mods on 7th Heaven and reinstalled new threat 2.0 and the issue is still happening. To be clear: New game -> gametype A (or choose B does not matter) -> return -> (moves to exp toggle and hard mode menu) -> return to game type select -> (opening fmv plays and game begins)

Interestingly, I selected normal or hard difficulty and the return option on the submenu DOES bring me back, so I am beginning to suspect something wrong with the newest update or something (to be clear, I am on version 2.099973. I'll try doing a full reinstall of FFVII at some point if I can be arsed, but would be nice if someone could confirm it IS just me.

Honestly, I can probably still play the game, but it makes me wonder what other issues I could be vulnerable to if indeed my installation is borked.

I uninstalled and deleted the game, uninstalled 7th Heaven and tried to delete any traces, reinstalled the game and used the standalone installer this time. Still the same issue is occurring. Could someone else see if they can reproduce the error by doing the bolded above? I'd like to know if this problem is just me. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2024-02-02 14:47:39 by Ubz »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11666 on: 2024-02-02 23:13:27 »
Hey everyone. I recently started a New Threat 2.0 Type B run a few days ago and I'm absolutely loving this mod. Everything was going perfectly smooth without any issues/bugs until I got to Junon after Cloud gives Sephiroth the Black Materia and you wake up as Tifa after the cutscene. I speak with Barret and once I get control of him, I walk to the media room where Tifa is going to be executed. I watch the dialogue play out and after failing to open the door to the room Tifa is locked in, Cait Sith and Aeris join back up so I now have my full party. I exit the media room and I know I am suppose to turn right to go down the hall and exit to the outside area of Junon. This is exactly where the problem occurred. The game would not allow me to enter to the outside area of Junon like an invisible wall was blocking me. I will note I was speeding up the dialogue and Weapon cutscene with 12x speedhack.

My first time encountering this, I was basically softlocked and couldn't progress the game since the media room is locked and the previous rooms all the way back to the main conference room where Rufus and Heidegger are watching Weapon out the window also lead to more locked doors. I was forced to reload a previous save I had just before the whole Black Materia cutscene. I progressed back to this point and this time I did not use speedhack at all during the media room dialogue and only used it to speed up the long Weapon cutscene. I was able to successfully exit to the outside area of Junon this time but ran into another problem: my Barret was completely invisible. I was somehow able to navigate him, despite being invisible, to the elevator/lift type thing but then the game hardlocked once the lift ended. The game wasn't frozen but I was unable to do anything. I couldn't open the menu or pause or anything like that.

I'm wondering if having Aeris in my party is the root cause since she's suppose to be dead? Curious to hear if this has happened to anyone else.

In NT, after leaving the conference room you're supposed to head back to where Rufus & Heidegger are; a brief scene should play prompting the player to check the computer terminals on the left. Did that not happen or did you skip past it by accident?

I've uploaded an image with some arrows indicating where to check (don't try to go through the door on the right, it's locked):

How did you get to the outside of Junon though?

I uninstalled and deleted the game, uninstalled 7th Heaven and tried to delete any traces, reinstalled the game and used the standalone installer this time. Still the same issue is occurring. Could someone else see if they can reproduce the error by doing the bolded above? I'd like to know if this problem is just me. Thanks.

I've replicated the bug; can probably fix it tomorrow.

sunjo

• View Profile
« Reply #11667 on: 2024-02-03 00:39:23 »
So yeah... I figured out I needed to visit the consoles in your screenshot and was able to progress the game forward. I have no idea how I was able to exit to the outside of Junon through that right hallway. After I was softlocked the first time, I reloaded and didn't use 12x speedhack and for some reason, the game let me go through that exit and that's when my Barret was invisible.

Funnily enough, after I progressed past the consoles and got the part where I am Tifa in the gas room, I got stuck again... lol. So I didn't realize I needed to press the yellow button and first tried to exit the room with 12x speedhack enabled and my Tifa somehow glitched into a tight spot in the doorway to the point where she couldn't move. I had to exit and reload again. I guess I'm good at mistakenly getting softlocked.

I have noticed that using 12x speedhack doesn't allow you to complete certain commands at specific moments. For example, when I was jumping across the stones right before the Aerith scene in the Lost Temple, my Cloud wouldn't jump to the next stone after the second or third one... I can't recall which specific one. It wasn't until I lowered the speed back down to 1.0 was I able to get Cloud to jump to the next stone. I'm wondering if my softlocks in Junon Escape part is due to 12x speedhack.

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11668 on: 2024-02-05 12:06:50 »
speedhack.

can cause clipping issues, it also can cause issues with vechiles going on/off them and a few other things too. 3x seems ok (if not using 60fps mod).

Seraph_Sephiroth

• View Profile
« Reply #11669 on: 2024-02-06 15:33:50 »
Thanks for the mod! I've been playing NT 2.0 version A for quite a while now, and I've had a great time so far. The story seems to make much more sense this time. I compared the dialogue scenes with the vanilla ones, and it seems you've added quite a lot of exposition to make it easier to follow what's going on.

There's two scenes that break the immersion a bit, though.
When Cait Sith sacrifices himself at the Temple of the Ancients, you'll see Cait Sith v2 appearing while Cloud is having a meltdown and he's beating up Aerith. I can see the point of removing his appearance there, but now, you don't see Cait v2 appearing anywhere. So when you wake up in Gongaga and can add Cait Sith back to the party with PHS, it feels weird, since you're like, "Wasn't his body destroyed? Why can you add him back to the party as if nothing happened?" My suggestion would be to have your party members appear in the village part of Gongaga, including Cait Sith, and when you talk to him, he says he's the next version of Cait. This way, you'll get the feeling that the game acknowledges that he's back, and lets the gamer know that he can be readded to the party.

Same for Aerith's death scene if you manage to save her. After Disc 1 ends, you can add Aerith back to the party, and she'll fight along as if nothing happened, even though a while ago, she was unconscious after the Jenova battle. Cloud and Aerith never have a "Are you okay? I thought you were a goner for a while" conversation later in the game. Would it be possible for Cloud and Aerith to have some kind of dialogue before leaving the Forgotten Capital? Maybe when Sephiroth tells Cloud to go North, Aerith could catch up with the party and say something. Cloud could go like, "You almost died! I can't risk you coming along, it's too dangerous!", with Aerith responding something like, "Oh, shut it. I'm alright, let's go!" This lets the player know Aerith is okay now, and can be added to the party again.

To summarize, it would be nice if you added some extra dialogue to the scenes when those two characters rejoin the party after their "deaths", so the gamer wouldn't feel like the game acts as if nothing happened to them.

iL03t

• View Profile
« Reply #11670 on: 2024-02-07 17:38:24 »
Tried using 2.0 with Godo randomizer and won't work. Not sure if it's godo or 2.0. Would like to play randomizer with 2.0 if anyone knows a fix.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11671 on: 2024-02-10 20:32:11 »
Thanks for the mod! I've been playing NT 2.0 version A for quite a while now, and I've had a great time so far. The story seems to make much more sense this time. I compared the dialogue scenes with the vanilla ones, and it seems you've added quite a lot of exposition to make it easier to follow what's going on.

There's two scenes that break the immersion a bit, though.
When Cait Sith sacrifices himself at the Temple of the Ancients, you'll see Cait Sith v2 appearing while Cloud is having a meltdown and he's beating up Aerith. I can see the point of removing his appearance there, but now, you don't see Cait v2 appearing anywhere. So when you wake up in Gongaga and can add Cait Sith back to the party with PHS, it feels weird, since you're like, "Wasn't his body destroyed? Why can you add him back to the party as if nothing happened?" My suggestion would be to have your party members appear in the village part of Gongaga, including Cait Sith, and when you talk to him, he says he's the next version of Cait. This way, you'll get the feeling that the game acknowledges that he's back, and lets the gamer know that he can be readded to the party.

Same for Aerith's death scene if you manage to save her. After Disc 1 ends, you can add Aerith back to the party, and she'll fight along as if nothing happened, even though a while ago, she was unconscious after the Jenova battle. Cloud and Aerith never have a "Are you okay? I thought you were a goner for a while" conversation later in the game. Would it be possible for Cloud and Aerith to have some kind of dialogue before leaving the Forgotten Capital? Maybe when Sephiroth tells Cloud to go North, Aerith could catch up with the party and say something. Cloud could go like, "You almost died! I can't risk you coming along, it's too dangerous!", with Aerith responding something like, "Oh, shut it. I'm alright, let's go!" This lets the player know Aerith is okay now, and can be added to the party again.

To summarize, it would be nice if you added some extra dialogue to the scenes when those two characters rejoin the party after their "deaths", so the gamer wouldn't feel like the game acts as if nothing happened to them.

I've added something for Cait #2; the other one might be a bit more trouble though so maybe later.

Tried using 2.0 with Godo randomizer and won't work. Not sure if it's godo or 2.0. Would like to play randomizer with 2.0 if anyone knows a fix.

It'll prob be the randomiser; try not having the RNG seed option ticked as that seems to render the kernel inoperable. I'll have a revised build of the randomiser out soonish that has better support for different files, etc.

Final_Figue

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.9999)
« Reply #11672 on: 2024-02-11 02:01:05 »
Hello Sega Chief.

Thank you for the new update. I have a doubt: Did you change the location of "Added Steal"? The materia was in the abandon train station.

biohazardtx

• View Profile
« Reply #11673 on: 2024-02-11 05:27:21 »
Hey Sega,

Thank you for all your work on these awesome mods and the randomizers.

I'm playing NT 2.0 Vanilla Combat Type A and I'm through Junon and I haven't found an Enemy Skill materia yet.  Have they all been removed?

Are there more All materia? I've only seen one so far
« Last Edit: 2024-02-11 12:57:38 by biohazardtx »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #11674 on: 2024-02-11 08:05:00 »
Hello Sega Chief.

Thank you for the new update. I have a doubt: Did you change the location of "Added Steal"? The materia was in the abandon train station.

that depends on which mode your playing normal/hard.
 you could toggle mode (and pick up)