Author Topic: This is about NJ..  (Read 25081 times)

endlessdamage

• View Profile
Re: This is about NJ..
« Reply #25 on: 2011-03-04 21:16:40 »
Which is worse: censoring naughty words or being blocked by, say, Australia's Great Firewall for profanity?  It hasn't come to that yet, but I'm sure someone will do it; think of the children!

Bosola +1

I do agree with you 100% that it isn't a big deal. But at the same time, we should be free to talk how we talk. I understand we need to keep the forums clean as it is a 'family friendly' forum, but I feel as though if we are not using profanity to attack somebody, then there is no harm in it. I dont know, maybe it is just the way I was brought up, swearing was never a problem, and nobody in my family would be like, OH MY GOD, if somebody cursed. It was just a normal thing. So maybe I am a bit biased as to thinking it should be ok.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-03-04 21:43:19 »
You may have known all the bad words by the time you were 8 or 9, but did you know what they all meant? I for one, didn't know that said 'female genitalia' was actually female genitalia until i was around 12. As for the majority of them, yes I knew what they meant at an early age.

Then a child is more likely to be corrupted by the perverted wordfilter! ;D

Then again, most of us on here have a higher than average level of intelligence. I dont know the reasoning for that, but it is just something I have seemed to notice over the little time I have been here(No yelling at me for stereotypes! This ones a good one).

There is plenty of evidence to the contrary. Of course, you're new, so you've missed a lot of lulz. Let's just say that if you'd been here for the past two years, yuo wouldn't be so hasty to say that the site's average IQ is particularly high.

Which is worse: censoring naughty words or being blocked by, say, Australia's Great Firewall for profanity?

Australians don't deserve to come here because of their cowardice in not assassinating all of their major politicians. Srsly, I thought Britain was bad, but you really do have the ultimate nanny state over there. An enemy of the internet! Barely better than China!

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-03-04 22:14:12 »
You may have known all the bad words by the time you were 8 or 9, but did you know what they all meant? I for one, didn't know that said 'female genitalia' was actually female genitalia until i was around 12. As for the majority of them, yes I knew what they meant at an early age.

Then a child is more likely to be corrupted by the perverted wordfilter! ;D

Then again, most of us on here have a higher than average level of intelligence. I dont know the reasoning for that, but it is just something I have seemed to notice over the little time I have been here(No yelling at me for stereotypes! This ones a good one).

There is plenty of evidence to the contrary. Of course, you're new, so you've missed a lot of lulz. Let's just say that if you'd been here for the past two years, yuo wouldn't be so hasty to say that the site's average IQ is particularly high.

And I tend to skulk the forums now and then, and have read up on some of the stuff that has happened but not been deleted. But I did say that MOST people here are intelligent, and every stereotype does not fit everybody!

EDIT: Removed something because I am being incredibly stupid today. Read too quickly and didnt realize exactly what Kudi said.. All better now ;)
« Last Edit: 2011-03-04 22:19:58 by endlessdamage »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-03-05 02:38:32 »
Personally I swear all the time, in fact i swear so much i do not realize I am doing it. But to some people it is offensive, and for me to say go ahead and swear all you want and to hell with anyone that may be offended by it is not very fair. So the compromise is the word filter which does not really change the meaning things too much but gets rid of vulgarity. And if people are still offended by it, well to hell with them.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011-03-05 07:07:59 »
Personally I swear all the time, in fact i swear so much i do not realize I am doing it. But to some people it is offensive, and for me to say go ahead and swear all you want and to hell with anyone that may be offended by it is not very fair. So the compromise is the word filter which does not really change the meaning things too much but gets rid of vulgarity. And if people are still offended by it, well to hell with them.

I say to hell with them because... Well fuck it, a sound can't hurt you.  Therefore fuck fuck fuckedy fuck fuck fuck

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011-03-05 14:30:44 »
I personally swear a whole lot! I can't stop swearing! I swear for breakfast, lunch, and dinner ;)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #31 on: 2011-03-05 18:28:14 »
i swear all the f*cking time, it feels good and i'm used to it (you'd swear like a trucker to if you had my little brother).

swearing f*cking rocks!

they're just words after all that some weirdos decided weren't good

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011-03-05 23:44:03 »
i swear all the f*cking time, it feels good and i'm used to it (you'd swear like a trucker to if you had my little brother).

swearing f*cking rocks!

they're just words after all that some weirdos decided weren't good

Well fuck them.  I have a tendency to make truckers shudder at the things I say

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-03-06 02:52:35 »
I too think the censoring is ridiculous for a forum of this nature, but also don't care enough to take it up with Qhimm about allowing it.  So for now we'll deal with a few filters and/or asterisks.

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2011-03-06 07:51:48 »
I too think the censoring is ridiculous for a forum of this nature, but also don't care enough to take it up with Qhimm about allowing it.  So for now we'll deal with a few filters and/or asterisks.

Yeah it really isnt a big deal, most people should know what is being said anyway. But honestly if he wont give you the go ahead with changing up the format to make things more understandable then I highly doubt he will do anything about the filter.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-03-06 16:38:01 »
Well we can change the word filter right now. It's not something we need to get qhimm to do.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011-03-06 16:49:56 »
BTW, I was joking. Everybody knows I have a thing for swearing. Its not a big deal this forum is over 10 years old I don't see the need to change the way it does things at this point. My 2 pennies ;)...

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #37 on: 2011-03-06 18:25:54 »
From NJ, to Jersey Shore, to profanity, to filter, and to profanity again.  ;D

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011-03-06 21:59:37 »
From NJ, to Jersey Shore, to profanity, to filter, and to profanity again.  ;D

Haha, were in completely unrelated, oh well. At the same time, it is all related to NJ somehow.

Jersey Shore - If you dont seee how it is related, I dont think you are smart enough, get off the damn computer and go back to school.

Profanity - There is profanity in every state so I say that it is related no matter which state we speak of.

Finally filter - 90% of people in NJ need to have a filter between their brain and voice box. The profanity doesnt bother me, but there are a decent amount of people who need to learn when to shut their damn mouths.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011-03-07 00:46:25 »
Actually, I feel as if the adamant discussion on how important swearing is to everyone, is actually relevant to how pertinent Jersey Shore is in modern day life...

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011-03-07 01:16:33 »
Finally filter - 90% of people in NJ need to have a filter between their brain and voice box. The profanity doesnt bother me, but there are a decent amount of people who need to learn when to shut their damn mouths.

Hey fuck you

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011-03-07 01:38:40 »

Hey f*ck you

Hey. I dont know you so I am not talking about you! Anyways, me and you, were allowed to talk about the people in Jersey, I lived there for 15 years and you live there now. Also, I am not speaking of the people that cuss, I am talking about people who dont know when its time to shut up, if this is you, then I mean no offense of course.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #42 on: 2011-03-07 16:07:15 »
Jersey Shore - If you dont seee how it is related, I dont think you are smart enough, get off the damn computer and go back to school.
Excuse me?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #43 on: 2011-03-07 16:18:33 »

Hey f*ck you

Hey. I dont know you so I am not talking about you! Anyways, me and you, were allowed to talk about the people in Jersey, I lived there for 15 years and you live there now. Also, I am not speaking of the people that cuss, I am talking about people who dont know when its time to shut up, if this is you, then I mean no offense of course.

no offence dude but i think your digging yourself a grave here

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011-03-07 17:04:13 »
Oh boy, this thread is starting to get lulzy! ;D

Jenova's Witness

• Right Wing Safety Squads
  • I ♥ SCIENCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011-03-07 19:59:44 »
« Last Edit: 2015-11-16 11:30:19 by Jenova's Witness »

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011-03-08 14:23:33 »

Hey f*ck you

Well I just mean that if you are going to talk about some place, you better not be ignorant about it.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #47 on: 2011-03-09 00:03:29 »

Hey f*ck you

Well I just mean that if you are going to talk about some place, you better not be ignorant about it.

yeah dude but you gotta be careful about what you say and who around or else you end up with stuff like that.

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011-03-09 05:29:46 »

Hey f*ck you

yeah dude but you gotta be careful about what you say and who around or else you end up with stuff like that.

Yeah I dont always think out how I am going to word something before I say/type it. Had alota breakups cuz I said something that came out horribly wrong and not the way I intended. I should probably work on that.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #49 on: 2011-03-09 18:57:17 »

If this is how you've been handling the relationships, then you may want to reconsider your methods.