Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 357909 times)

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)
« Reply #575 on: 2020-08-07 10:18:26 »
I'd like point out the double name bug is caused by an OLD version of memoria, when uninstalling it. But the problem was fixed in Memoria and Moguri 8, so that means your save is from Moguri 7.0.1

faospark

• hell-o-world
    • View Profile
    • old me
« Reply #576 on: 2020-08-07 15:18:55 »
and im still shocked that we had an update for the main game today.

thrakkkk

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2020-08-07 20:27:47 »
 :o Oh dang Snouz. Here I’ve been following this thread for months and was just about to start playing when v9 comes out. I’ve been waiting for an update that is close to final before I start.

I’ll keep waiting and I really do want to thank you for all the hard work you’ve done.  :D

Vincent88

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: 2020-08-10 14:31:57 »

thanks for the beautiful mod, I look forward to 9.0, I am very interested in the correction of the Widescreen.
it still takes a long time for the new version? :)

Alek

• View Profile
« Reply #579 on: 2020-08-12 13:53:53 »
first of all, thanks for the mod. I really feels like you'd deserve part of the money Square's got for the remastered, as they did just half the work they should.

Anyway, I've got an issue with ingame dialogues. Just as the game start a blue mark appears in the middle of the screen and it stays there also after it loads the game. It wouldn't be so annoying if not for the fact that it doesn't allow me to see any dialogue (no dialogue window pop up while speaking with npc, also if they act like they were talking).
I already tried reinstalling both the mod and the game and changing UI and FPS settings, with no results.

https://ibb.co/S5LLH2s

https://ibb.co/fGjV5tD

j.cogitation

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2020-08-13 01:35:14 »
Any details on the progress of the newest release? I don't have access to the older version of FF IX on steam, so I'm not sure how to play with the Moguri Mod 8.0.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to get something working? Please feel free to email, though I will check back.

WIT

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2020-08-14 19:06:59 »
It was frustration, because they changed the whole structure of files, which means our tools are now outdated. I won't just "wait until moguri is compatible", I'll have to find the way to make it compatible. Also, they release it without notice, which means it erased some files I was working on. Frustrated because V9 is almost done, and they had to wait 4 years to change minor things that were addressed in the mod or other mods.

@snouz Shhhesh that's annoying! Sorry to hear that man!
Isn't there a way to get the FFIX before the update to play your mod? I just update, and broke it. can't we find a guy that didn't update and get his version? ^^

mikestrife

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2020-08-14 19:36:34 »
I bought the game last week for the illusion of playing with the Moguri Mod. It's sad.
I've been looking at the Git and the pull requests, and I've seen this one:

Done: Merge changes from the last update # 147 - An update was released recently. We need to transfer the fixes from it.

Could not release a version in the forum or some instruction to be able to compile it in VS2019 and install it?

I am satisfied with a style version 8.0.1 working on the latest update. The rest of the bugs (like endgame, etc) I don't care so much at the moment. Someone knows? Thank you very much for the good work on this project!

j.cogitation

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2020-08-15 03:40:56 »
@snouz Shhhesh that's annoying! Sorry to hear that man!
Isn't there a way to get the FFIX before the update to play your mod? I just update, and broke it. can't we find a guy that didn't update and get his version? ^^

If you find a copy, please share it? I was looking also. I just got FF IX, and I found out about Moguri and there's no working version of it available.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2020-08-16 10:30:45 »
I've passed all the updated files to ZePilot, he's packaging the update (8.2), we're discussing file structure. It shouldn't be too long now!

mikestrife

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2020-08-16 11:11:40 »
I've passed all the updated files to ZePilot, he's packaging the update (8.2), we're discussing file structure. It shouldn't be too long now!
Ohh! :) Thank you so much. I will be waiting impatiently. You're awesome

Lokilla94

• View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 2020-08-17 13:11:03 »
Cuándo habrá la nueva actualización? Es que al haber una actualización de steam del juego se ha fastidiado el mod de moguri y no funciona bien :l

mikewhy

• View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2020-08-17 16:30:42 »
If you find a copy, please share it? I was looking also. I just got FF IX, and I found out about Moguri and there's no working version of it available.
It's totally possible, I've posted some instructions on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FinalFantasyIX/comments/i4q5st/news_ff9_steam_got_updated_after_4y_consequences/g1ez22t/

Nickthewolf

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: 2020-08-17 19:03:48 »
Any idea on a possible date it will be released?

Vincent88

• View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 2020-08-18 11:31:27 »

but in version 8.2.0 there is the Widescreen fix? because I see it doesn't work as it should

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 2020-08-18 12:54:23 »
Moguri 8.2 is out! As well as a trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uMcim5KEi8

Download from https://sites.google.com/view/moguri-mod/install

here's the changelog

**Fixed**

* Compatible with 2020-08-06 steam update
* Orchestral music correctly looped
* Endgame music debugged
* Crash at the end (airship video) fixed in most cases
* Videos sound re-synced
* Videos cutting too soon fixed
* Videos fixes
* A number of visual inconsistencies, glitches & unfinished upscales fixed
* Some installation problems for assets files (checksum error) fixed
* A set of bugfixes by Tirlititi (reflect sound...)

**Widescreen**

* Almost all backgrounds are displayed in full (about 170 added)
* No more micro-scrolling on 54 screens that are 8px larger than a 16/9 screen

**Launcher**

* New launcher with all relevant options

**Other**

* File structure change: everything is contained in folders inside the game directory
* Much better sound quality by default (44kHz)

Donel

• View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 2020-08-18 14:25:55 »
Great work, snouz, you are the man.

Any future release planned?

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #592 on: 2020-08-18 14:31:19 »
Beautiful, thanks!

Do you happen to have a list of issues you needed to address for 8.2 due to the different file structure?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 2020-08-18 15:01:57 »
This is really incredible.  I don't know what else you have in the works, but this looks like the version SE should have released.  The quality is truly top notch.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 2020-08-18 15:26:35 »
Beautiful, thanks!

Do you happen to have a list of issues you needed to address for 8.2 due to the different file structure?

Not really any problem anymore. Still don't know why SE created some duplicate p0data files (thought it would be a problem, it's not), and if you're referring to the structure change in the mod, it's just that we used the new memoria feature by Tirlititi that allows us to add files in folders in the root directory, and it gains some clarity in install, allows for launcher options, easier updates, space gain...

Koha

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)
« Reply #595 on: 2020-08-18 18:32:56 »
Awesome work, thanks. Snouz could you share the checksum (MD5, SH1 or CRC32) to verify the download file?

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 2020-08-18 19:20:45 »
Awesome update snouz! However I  don't seem to doing any damage when entering a fight. I started a completely new save and when fighting Baku in the beginning I'm not doing any damage, neither is he, so the fight never ends.

Any ideas?

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: 2020-08-18 20:07:52 »
Awesome update snouz! However I  don't seem to doing any damage when entering a fight. I started a completely new save and when fighting Baku in the beginning I'm not doing any damage, neither is he, so the fight never ends.

Any ideas?
That does not do that for me. Are you using Moguri alone?
That was a bug in a previous memoria version, so that's very odd, because the one in moguri 8.2 is up to date.

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 2020-08-18 20:21:57 »
Yeah, only Moguri. I'll try another reinstall.

Rade

• View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 2020-08-19 01:21:20 »
Thanks for all your hard work snouz, the mod looks great.

I ran into a couple of issues: First, if I tick the box to use the PSX font, it's using a different one to the one that's in the mod trailer which looks more faithful to the original game. How do I get the original font?

Second, I tried to install the scaled battle UI as I guess it isn't included, but after installing I only get the memoria launcher rather than yours, and after starting the game all the background environments are completely messed up.