Author Topic: Misleading Title FTW  (Read 3619 times)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Misleading Title FTW
« on: 2012-02-22 00:51:38 »
I think everyone knows that the conformer doesn't take a penalty for morph, but I've never seen anywhere where it's acknowledged that Missing Score doesn't either. All the ultimate weapons with these two exceptions use a calculation that is a function of the attack's power which is, by default, 16. Morph forces it to 2, but both conformer and missing score override that value with their own function of power.
« Last Edit: 2012-02-22 21:47:08 by NFITC1 »

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
Re: Why no love for Missing Score?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-02-22 01:58:32 »
i never knew that. i fucking hate yuffie, and she is the one character i refuse to play on principle.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-02-22 02:12:45 »
I didn't know that either! That's crazy. I suppose the Yuffie thing just caught on and no one ever bothered trying it with any of the other characters.

I'm glad I know this. If I ever feel like farming sources this will speed it up considerably.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-02-22 03:51:43 »
Nah cait sith is the shittest. 

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-02-22 19:31:58 »
Nah cait sith is the shittest. 

Maybe considering its story and model, but he can be one of the most powerful character once you master his Slots. Garland can agree to this.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-02-22 20:40:05 »
Nah cait sith is the sh*ttest.
I second that lol  ;D
« Last Edit: 2012-02-22 20:44:18 by e1sunz »

Tempus

• This guy are sick.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #6 on: 2012-02-22 21:18:02 »
I remember the first time I used Cait Sith's limit break. He killed the whole party. After that he never got back in the party :D I'm not spending time mastering Russian Roulette with that nut case.

I'm going to give the player an option in my mod to verbally berate Reeve for coming up with such a ridiculously conspicuous spying machine.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: Misleading Title FTW
« Reply #7 on: 2012-02-22 21:57:31 »
Soooooo it turns out that I posted this late at night while I was concentrating on getting my daughter to sleep after looking at Missing Score's damage calc for about three minutes and guessing that C4 was a copy of 48 before the Morph reduction is applied. Turns out that's not the case. :D The Morph damage reduction occurs in command function 1C and the copy occurs in command function 9 which is always executed at the end of a damage-inflicting command.

If you followed that explanation then good for you. If you didn't, I'll sum it up by saying I was wrong and Missing Score does take the penalty. I didn't document it's power equation right and it's actually

1 + (Power * AP / 10000) / 16

instead of

1 + (AP / 10000) / 16

like I had it on the wiki a while ago. So there you go. Power does factor in to the strength. At high levels of AP you won't notice it. With 2187500 AP you'll always do 9999 damage when trying to morph a morphable target. :)
Conformer doesn't take the penalty and Death Penalty is second best for morphing at its weakest. DP has a lowest morph power of 10 while others' ultimate weapons have a max of 7.