Final Fantasy 8 > FF8 Tools

[PSX/PC] kernel.bin data editor - Doomtrain (v1.0.1)

<< < (2/20) > >>

alexfilth:
@Girl next door: If i recall correctly for abilities already learned from the start you need to change init.out and start a new game. Format is pretty much the same as save.

@Kefka:
Attack param does different things depending on the attack hence why the generic name. For example with fixed damage attack type it is used to subtract from power*100.

No idea apart from editing the hardcoded crit formula, which is not easy to do.

For names you can use the editor Carbuncle.

Which refinement ability can transform which item i don't think it's in the kernel. m00x file are in menu.fi, 255 means it's hardcoded and offsets should be the offsets to the selected m00x file if i remember right.

Kefka:

--- Quote from: alexfilth on 2016-08-13 12:34:00 ---@Kefka:
Attack param does different things depending on the attack hence why the generic name. For example with fixed damage attack type it is used to subtract from power*100.

No idea apart from editing the hardcoded crit formula, which is not easy to do.

For names you can use the editor Carbuncle.

Which refinement ability can transform which item i don't think it's in the kernel. m00x file are in menu.fi, 255 means it's hardcoded and offsets should be the offsets to the selected m00x file if i remember right.

--- End quote ---

Oh, I see, thanks for the reply. One more question though, a lot of enemy attacks are still shown as "null", but I'm guessing they aren't all unused, are they? I've already stumbled upon some that I know, e.g. 108 and 109 are used by the T-Rexaur, so they must be his Tail Swipe and his Devour-like attack, respectively. Will these attacks be identified in future versions?

JWP:
Quite a lot of them are used just for camera movements, basic attacks and death animations. They're mostly just ones that we haven't identified yet. They'll probably be updated as we find them.

miruss89:
i'm trying to edit Squall Weapons Renzokuken finisher to just Lion Heart only but getting error (the game hang) when trying to getting into renzokuken mode in battles. Is there any parameter i should change besides each weapons finisher? i'm already try changed the renzokuken finisher parameter but still getting error. Is it hardcoded in the .exe?

By the way, thank you for the great program. Really make my day for modding greatest rpg of all time for me.

JWP:
I think the problem might be the way it picks a finisher, it might not like having Lionheart without all the other finishers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version