Final Fantasy 8 > FF8 Tools

[PSX/PC] TEX Converter - Omega (1.3) / Archive Commander (2004-08-12)

(1/6) > >>

mav:
Hello guys, it's been a while when I've been here.

I didn't have much time to program in past months, but lately it changed. And I wrote something.

First one is next release of my FF8: Archive Commander (a.k.a FF8AC). This release can extract single/many/all files from game archives, replace single and now replace many/all files in archive. You can choose either to (un)compress files you extract/replace or not. It's been heavily tested and it's doing it good. Please write some feedback, so I can make it even better.

Second one is brand new program I called Omega: a TEX file converter. It can convert any 8-bit (I didn't even try to handle 16-bit files because some programs can do it, e.g. Texture Beast) FF8 TEX file to BMP, while you can choose palette (if TEX file has more than one). This one requires only TEX file. Finally, it can convert BMP file to TEX, preserving transparencies and palettes, and it's using original TEX file and modified BMP file. Note that BMP file structure must be exactly as it was when program extracted it. Photoshop is bad, Paint is good :). Again, please send me some feedback and tell what do you think about it.

Disclamer: Even so I tested theese programs heavily, I *DO NOT* guarantee that they will work *PERFECTLY*, so make backups of everything you change!

Links: in the wiki.

fa_pa:
w00t the Tools work well. a small request for Omega can you make a batch modus to convert multiple tex into bmp at once?

hm just one problem i cant replace files it says the file (for example) menu.fs is in use by an other app

edit: screenshot

the german sentence means: the process can not access to the file because its in use by another application

mav:
I uploaded next version of Omega, it can preview tex files before opening them. Link is the same.

Could you please tell me what exactly was you doing, before that error appeared ?
It's weird because I tried to replace start00.tex in menu.fs and it worked well. Maybe you opened it with another app and didn't close ?

I was thinking about batch replacing for Omega, but I realized that it isn't so nessesary because there aren't many tex files in those archives. Maybe later.

fa_pa:
first i extracted the start00.tex then i converted it with omega changed it and tried to replace it. yes i closed all programms.

the preview function is very good!
seems omega has a bug everytime i close it it shows

mav:
I did exactly what you told, and I didn't have any error window. It's really weird.
As for Omega, I think I left some filestream open, maybe that's why. I'll check.

Edit: Uploaded version with of Omega with this bug fixed, I think :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version