Author Topic: New Game In The Making. Need Help.  (Read 6167 times)

New Game In The Making. Need Help.
« on: 2009-07-28 07:45:59 »
Hi I am going to start a game but i need some help with parts.

1) I need People who are good a making 3D models.

2) I need Some help on getting a Good 3d engine.

3) I need People who know how To use C++ command programs to teach me how to use it.

4) I need People who know how to 3D program to also help.

Alex Helman

Re: New Game In The Making. Need Help.
« Reply #1 on: 2009-07-28 07:50:00 »
Well you know i am in..
:D

Haha..
i think you should also post some story ideas too!
:D

« Reply #2 on: 2009-07-28 08:31:07 »
I am steill brain storming on this. I just want to know who is in.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-07-28 14:09:36 »
a general rule of such projects is get your story and gameplay ideas flushed out before recruiting. Know exactly what needs to be done, and then people can better help you with your endeavor

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-07-28 16:49:47 »
I hate to be the pessimistic one, but what are the chances this will actually get done?  What you are wanting to do will take months and months and months.  Feel free to check out some of the other (now dead) threads around here where people wanted to start their own game from scratch.

Maybe you should start off using RPG maker and see how much you enjoy using that and how well your game turns out.

I apologize for sounding like an asshole, but really, these never get anywhere  :|  But best of luck to you if you find the people to do all this and it gets off the ground

« Reply #5 on: 2009-07-28 20:19:45 »
Even if it doesn't get done..
its good practice for both him, and me.
XD...
SO its not a waste of time...
:P

Either way, I am in Alex...
Since you asked me nicely.
:P

*WOOOOO 75 Posts, XD*

« Reply #6 on: 2009-07-28 22:35:35 »
Ia steill working on storyline but i got gameplay. Ok it is basic movement since its going to be for PC if you have a Xbox Pc controller it can be used if not you use the Up,Down,left,right to move. Game play i like Final Fantasy. You run Around and get in a fight. If i need to explane the controls more let me know.   
« Last Edit: 2009-07-28 22:41:59 by AlexHelman »

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-07-29 01:51:55 »
and what are you working with in terms of engine.. you have one? using an open engine? i'd recomend rpgmaker or gamemaker7, if you wanna do it in 3d.. blender has a game engine that is pretty easy to get a hold of... but is fairly limited. I'm still trying to figure out how to set up a random battle and load a battle scene :P given that... i almost never really work on that little scheme. ^^

« Reply #8 on: 2009-07-29 02:09:29 »
ok. thank you. i have some of the story it is manly about the plot and 3 characters right now. but before i do post what i have.
 I have a Warning ok. are yall aware of the illuminati? It has them in it and they are what you fight in this game.

« Reply #9 on: 2009-07-29 02:28:34 »
sorry to double but. I dont have A 3d game engine. i need a good one. is gamemaker 7 a 3D game engine?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-07-29 02:45:31 »
gamemaker7 can do 3d... but dont use it for that, its best for 2d games. The only easy (no heavy programming) open 3d engine i know of is the blender game engine... its included in blender 3d, so you can make yer 3d art directly in the same app as yer game.

blender3d.org

« Reply #11 on: 2009-07-29 02:59:17 »
Ok thank you. do you think i sould change the whay it is played?

What is a good command program to use
« Last Edit: 2009-07-29 03:21:05 by AlexHelman »

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009-07-29 03:24:55 »
Ok thank you. do you think i sould change the whay it is played?

This should have read:-

OK, thank you. Do you think I should change the way it is played?

You've also spelled the word "Still" as "Steill" twice.

I don't mean to sound like a nitpicker and if you are either dyslexic or if English is not your first language then I apologise. However, whether you are or you aren't, there's a "Spell Check" button you should use before you publish a post. And please re-check your grammar before posting also.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-07-29 03:40:36 »
If I were you I would read up on some of these articles to understand the makings of a game.  With that you can make an informed decision on what direction you'll head in.

GameDev Reference

From there take a look at the forums and workshops there, but read through it before posting.  Find what part of the development you'll be involved in, whether it's programming, modeling, texture artist, game design, etc.  Build up your skills and then make your idea known.  If you come along saying you got ideas, some will not take the project seriously, because people have plenty of ideas but don't execute.  If you present your idea with WIP shots or anything to show someone it will make it easier for others to get behind your project.

As timu sumisu mentioned Blender is an excellent engine/content creation Blender
Ogre3d is an excellent graphics engine Ogre3D
Here is a more in depth list of free game libraries Game Libs

I'm not trying to say you must be an expert to pursue this endeavor.  Some of these projects are great fun if you start with a small group of folks that want to learn along the way with you.  Best of luck.

« Reply #14 on: 2009-07-29 04:39:04 »
Thank you.OK i have the following programs:

Antiryad GX game engine

irrKlang for music

Animadead for Model Handling and Character Animation

Tokamak Physics

Opcode Collision detection

Hans Boehm garbage collector for C++ Debugging, memory checks, general purpose, etc

libogg Cant remember :)

Mersenne cant remember :)

micropather cant remember :)

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #15 on: 2009-07-30 15:35:44 »
If you don't have any development skills, making your own game is near damn impossible. I'm a pretty experienced 3D artist, but I didn't even manage to finish a total conversion for HL2 with a small but pretty skilled team.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-07-31 16:06:41 »
do you understand and comprehend how to implement all of those apps in a cohesive manner?