Author Topic: PS1/2 - PC - PSP - How about Xbox?  (Read 7688 times)

B Tizo

• Reliving the Fantasy!
    • View Profile
PS1/2 - PC - PSP - How about Xbox?
« on: 2007-04-20 03:38:13 »
I know people have been able to run FF7 on their PSP, but how about a modified original Xbox?  I recently picked up an Xbox 360, so my old Xbox is pretty much useless now.  I have FF7 for the PC, and I use my USB Xbox 360 controller to play and everything runs well.  I was wondering if anyone has tried or would be willing to try and run the game from the Xbox?  Basically, I want to mod my original xbox and get FF7 to run on it.  Has anyone heard of anything like this before? 

Jari

Re: PS1/2 - PC - PSP - How about Xbox?
« Reply #1 on: 2007-04-20 03:43:55 »
Very likely the PSX-emulator - which name escapes me right now - can run the PSX-version, as it seems quite compatible.

Not sure what good it would do, other than proving that it can be done, and possibly rubbing Sony-fanboys the wrong way. :P

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-04-20 03:44:36 »
I know people have been able to run FF7 on their PSP, but how about a modified original Xbox?  I recently picked up an Xbox 360, so my old Xbox is pretty much useless now.  I have FF7 for the PC, and I use my USB Xbox 360 controller to play and everything runs well.  I was wondering if anyone has tried or would be willing to try and run the game from the Xbox?  Basically, I want to mod my original xbox and get FF7 to run on it.  Has anyone heard of anything like this before? 

Huh! First, there is no modifief ISO of FFVII for PSP .
Secondly , as for XBOX, i don't know much but i'm sure you can't run PC apps (win32bits x86) on it, as FFVII is not a common app, you know the patchs are specificly designed for PC .

EDIT
Very likely the PSX-emulator - which name escapes me right now - can run the PSX-version, as it seems quite compatible.
ePSXE .

B Tizo

• Reliving the Fantasy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-04-20 04:08:53 »
A modified Xbox can run Linux and a whole bunch of other programs.  I was just wondering if people had experimented with it.  I guess I'll have to try.

Oh, and I love to piss of Sony Fanboy's... FFXIII for the 360 PLEASE!!!!!   :evil:

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-04-20 04:24:54 »
A modified Xbox can run Linux and a whole bunch of other programs.  I was just wondering if people had experimented with it.  I guess I'll have to try.

Oh, and I love to piss of Sony Fanboy's... FFXIII for the 360 PLEASE!!!!!   :evil:

Yeah sony isn't worth anymore for sqeenix. héhé . Hope they 'll screw their fu..ing marketting, the same that screwed the N64 and the DreamCast  :evil:

Anyway if you manage to get it working on xbox, tell us! i'm interested too.

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-04-20 04:37:08 »
I fail to see how they would have screwed over Sega, seeing as how Final fantasy was never on a sega console.  Judging from all the nintendo & square history I read nintendo brought it on themselves.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-04-20 04:42:10 »
I fail to see how they would have screwed over Sega, seeing as how Final fantasy was never on a sega console.  Judging from all the nintendo & square history I read nintendo brought it on themselves.
I meant SONY screwed the nintendo and sega 's little war with his PlayStaion. All Sony has done is tremendious marketing world wide and appeal developers. The only games developped by sony so far (if i'm not mistaken) Gran Turismo (indirected way) , and Legen Of Dragoon (again, not directly himself) .

I didn't mean to say Squeenix had to do something. Off course their Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy saga helped sell alot of units for nintendo.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-04-20 11:21:49 »

No, but you can use the latest firmware for the PSP to rip PSX games and make them into eboots and run them that way.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-04-20 11:29:37 »

No, but you can use the latest firmware for the PSP to rip PSX games and make them into eboots and run them that way.

I know... I have latest firmware installed on my PSP ....

Jari

« Reply #9 on: 2007-04-20 12:01:20 »
ePSXE .

No, the other big one. At least I don't think that anyone has ported ePSXe to Xbox.

...ah, PCSX! That has been ported to God knows what platforms, including Xbox.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-04-20 12:53:36 »
ePSXE .

No, the other big one. At least I don't think that anyone has ported ePSXe to Xbox.

...ah, PCSX! That has been ported to God knows what platforms, including Xbox.

aaa! i didn't understand your post in that way sorry! i understood, very likely the PSX-emulator, in the sense that, is't not likely to happen or something like that.

Didn"t know it was ported to XBOX.
As for PCSX, it was also used in PSP , at the time where there wasn't any official PSX emu on PSP. (PSP can run linux and windows 95 in order to compare, and the SNES emu is ported from SNES9X ) .

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-04-20 20:07:41 »
Try PCSXboxmaybe.

Cyb

Guspaz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-05-23 23:26:24 »
People are missing the obvious option here, Q-Gears ;)

I seem to recall that Q-Gears is using SDL, which is supported on the xbox with the OpenXDK (and I'd presume general linux too). So an xbox port would seem to be possible in the future.

gamemaster14

« Reply #13 on: 2007-05-26 16:31:49 »
From what I remember from the "xbox scene" Final Fantasy 7 runs on PCSXbox but has some playback flaws and maybe some crashes. ePSXe will never be ported to xbox since it isnt open source. A few people on the forums said you can run a small install of Linux on the xbox and run the Linux version of ePSXe to get certain games which do work on PCSXbox to work. However things may have changed since I last visited the scene.

Rixorster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007-06-04 08:39:35 »
Well, it works just fine on my PCSXbox. :)
It's not perfect, but still pretty smooth.