Author Topic: Final fantasy 7 Ruby weapon  (Read 28552 times)

Brokenheart

• View Profile
Final fantasy 7 Ruby weapon
« on: 2007-07-29 08:01:39 »
I know this is asked alot and i dont need to be yelled at (Especially being that im new here) but i need help with the ruby weapon. Now i looked up facts of course but my people keep getting sucked up in whirlsand. and dont tell me that it doesnt do that with its claws in the ground because its done it to me countless times....it isnt impossible im just having some trouble. I'm going to ask for maybe a few strategies? I dont have kotr and im not getting it anytime soon lol nor do i have mime. I've also tried the 'lucky 7's' and right now thats my best bet.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-29 16:49:45 by Brokenheart »

truesdale

Re: Final fantasy 7 Ruby weapon
« Reply #1 on: 2007-07-29 12:10:06 »
i suggest using the final attack +phoenix, but that's more for the emerald weapon, but to beat a weapon you just need to level up and play it by it's rules, emerald says not much materia (air tai force deals 1111 for every materia you have equipped), ruby says 1 on 1 fight, so level your best guy up and hope for the best and try different styles. such as counter+mime and use a combo before that such as hero drink and elixir, if you need some more elixirs, you can always use the W item glitch if you don't have many on your person.
(you get mime from one of the 4 sacred materia caves, just breed some chocobos or use a editor to warp to the materia cave's location if you do not wish to breed chocobos)
« Last Edit: 2007-07-29 12:13:00 by malach! »

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-07-29 16:06:26 »
lol I've played through the game 4 times. I used my phoenix-final attack link and my cloud is lvl 85. I tried to breed chocobos but it didnt work in my favor ;-; so, i just thought that my next option was beating ruby weapon with out it. (I also used the w-item glitch) i normally just use mega elixers even if i have one guy i know it sounds like wasting them but i can always get them back. Again my main problem is is that because i dont have any strong summons or attacks (Except bahamut zero and hades(for ruby)) and i didnt breed a gold chocobo (I've tried countless times and i've even looked for help on this matter too) it seems extremely difficult. But again i have been trying to get lucky 7's to work in my favor, my friend suggested it to me. it works for a while and i learned that it becomes easier especially being that when a character is in lucky 7's that the magic hammer takes out 7777 mp! Which means easier take down. the problem is i try to keep lucky 7's going and in order to do that i need to revive my other chars.... now i might sound crazy but ruby weapon seems to use that stupid whirl thing with its claws in the ground! oh i forgot to mention this is for the ps1. ^^;;; its not computer related at all.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-29 16:46:43 by Brokenheart »

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-07-30 04:44:58 »
im not sure if this is going to help you but it sure helped me (no saved game editor/codebreaker or other cheating devises needed). what i had was cloud alive (only one alive) the phoenix + revive (both master level) the 4x  cut (cloud) 99 elixors and megaelixors (w-item glitch) and as much summons as possible (no kotor) and cloud at level 99, hp 9999, and mp 999 limit level was 4 and was full. (didnt have mime eather) then when the battle started i did omnislash then attacked healed when needed used a few summons when i thought it was needed, washed, wrinced, and repeated.

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-07-30 06:17:58 »
its true that that should work but the problem with me is i dont want to waste exp. your idea is great and all. And i would use it but im greedy lol. well the people in my party are CLoud(As if i have a choice lol), Cid, and Barret. Cid has 2x cut because he's the only one currently with his ultimate weapon. I missed barrets and i'm currently too lazy to use clouds because of that 'no growth' factor. Mainly because all of the materia he has needs like.... '200,000' more ap to go. and also my strength isnt high enough and i tried getting sources to make my life easier and even so my attack still isnt great at all.

truesdale

« Reply #5 on: 2007-07-30 09:03:18 »
if you want some easy power sources, put vincent in the team, give him morph and morph as many dino tanks (can't remember their name) and you;ll get a free one every time. (they are in Gongaga) in 30 half approx, i got about 70 power sources, and that would help anyone with their strength i believe. :P

ForceStealer666

• View Profile
    • www.megaflare.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: 2007-07-30 14:27:43 »
but if you use final attack + pheonix like all these guys have been saying you will revive all 3 characters and you NEED only one character alive

use final attack + revive (life2)

then it'll only revive the character you are using

then idk....i just throw coins at him ;/

« Reply #7 on: 2007-07-30 23:51:31 »

Both of the weapons are very easy if you go into battle with the following (beware it's very simple and you just sit there using "mime")

1. KOTR paired w/ HP Absorb (helps to have it mastered)
 2. Mime
 3. W Summon
 4. Speed Plus (mastered will help alot since you get a better speed bonus)
 5. Any weapon keep in mind that you get a ton of AP for killing them so it'll be great to use a Double or Triple AP weapon
 6. Magic plus (really helpfull so that you connect with 9999 strikes with KOTR)
 7. Ribbon (this is a must)
 8. Final Attack+Phoenix (not needed but it helps)
 9. At least 9000 HPs on Cloud
 Emerald is as easy as taking candy from a baby if you have 2 guys equipped with "Final Attack+Phoenix" and just whack away Ruby on the other hand, no choice but to start the battle with only Cloud and the rest of the party dead this way Ruby doesn't use his stupid cheap whirlwind attack to take guys away. Start the battle and cast KOTR and sit back and when it's your turn again just chose "Mime". I did it with the active battle set to "wait" don't know if it makes a difference or not.

What happens is right after KOTR, Ruby hits you with Ultima and takes a good 5000hp away but you'll cast KOTR immediately and recover all of your HPs thru HP Absorb paired with KOTR. Next hit "Mime" and that's all you'll need to do to kill him. If you have Magic Plus and your KOTR hits for 9999 each time, it'll take you about 6-8 casts total to kill him. Really easy with this method it feels like cheating so you might not like it. All you do is cast KOTR with W Summon and then Mime, no need to use any potions or ethers just Mime over and over.

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-07-31 03:45:38 »
its true that that should work but the problem with me is i dont want to waste exp. your idea is great and all. And i would use it but im greedy lol

well thats where the 99 elexiors come in and the 99 megaelexiors are there for backup.
Cid has 2x cut because he's the only one currently with his ultimate weapon.
if you want to level that up to 4x cut well this is what i did (its a true but sad storie) i just went to the northern creator to the area with the magic pots (dont remember how to get there) and just ran around and fought them (sure you have to give each one an elexor but the thing is before you do you can do the w/item glitch if your running low) and i know its a long prosses but with about two cans of energy drinks and determination you can do what i did when i acttily desided to go fight the  weapons and this is how i got everyone to level 99 (this was before i found about jenova and this site)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-07-31 06:11:50 »
Or even better fight those floating fireball things in the same area as the magic pots. They give you 2000AP :-P

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-07-31 19:14:58 »
I never seem to run into those i guess i'm in the wrong area and thanks for help.

and to ChocoboFriedSteak. I dont have a golden chocobo which means. No mime, and no kotr! I do have quadra magic though.....And to malach!(I'm too lazy to quote) I would just use yuffie(In my opinion i really dont like her) even though vincents my favorite character. The reason being i havent made him kill a lot of enemies so his attack is pretty bad ^^;;;..and i may sound stupid when i say this but i actually tried getting that up. I put him in the forest area where you can get either two enemies, five enemies or six. in one battle. I gave him slash all, it's hard to get it up though x.x....

Ok what I'm going to try and do is....use lucky 7's because right now thats the only thing i can do especially being that i dont have kotr. i just wish i had mime, this way if everyone was in lucky sevens and mime'd say a limit then they'd to 7777 per hit and they do a lot of hits. *Sighs* I have 9999 health. And the problem is, i want my characters alive. and everywhere i read it says "Ruby weapon wont use whirlsand(Or something) if its claws are in the ground!" can someone tell me this is a false fact please? lol. And I'm going to try and get power source's as suggested by malach! this is gonna take me a loooooong time lol.

truesdale

« Reply #11 on: 2007-07-31 19:49:22 »
it was proven that the Ruby weapon is the hardest boss in videogame history, so it's meant to be hard and isn't meant to beaten, not by every tom dick and harry. :P
however, if you have the PC version, i would happily send you a copy of my save data where it has a black and wonderful chocobo waiting to be breeded. ^^

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-07-31 19:54:47 »
Or even better fight those floating fireball things in the same area as the magic pots. They give you 2000AP :-P
arg i couldnt think of what to call them thanks squeeble.

however, if you have the PC version...
um malach! i do beleve brokenheart said something about him having the ps1 version nice try though

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-07-31 20:15:58 »
Um thanks for reminding malach that i mentioned that. But um... i'm not a male. I'm female and proud thank you. lol thats an honest mistake because video games are played by mostly men, just because video games are my favorite pass time doesnt mean that im a man lol. and its true that i have a ps1 and play it on the ps1 lol.  I dont have the computer version only because i dont have a need for it. And can someone help me pin point the area where i need to go to run into the magic pots and such because now im confuzzled.

truesdale

« Reply #14 on: 2007-07-31 21:13:35 »
i believe you mean that by my 'tom dick and harry' comment made you believe i thought you were male, but it's just a phrase to mean anybody.
and the place for the magic pot and movers (you get 2100 AP from them in total :P) from the point where you split up and down a direction, you go down the left path and in the lower enterance i think, then you'll see a yellow area with swamps, continue to the next area and just wander about, then you'll come across them.

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-07-31 21:55:15 »
No no no I was refering to 1337_grim. "um malach! i do beleve brokenheart said something about him having the ps1 version nice try though"
And thank you That helped.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-07-31 23:17:03 »
Wish more girls played games lol.

When you get into the northern crater and the team splits into two groups, I think you go to the left of the screen which takes you to this crater thing. Then theres two seperate ways to go if I remember top right and lower right, you wanna take the upper right I think and it takes you to an area that looks like this.

This is where you fight magic pots and red fireball thingys, and some other weird creatures. This is the area I spammed the crap out of to max out all my materia like slash all and ultima KOTOR etc. it can be tedious but I reckon it's worth it.

P.S sorry for the crap photo it was all I could find at the time, I'll se if I can find the other are if you still can't find it.

« Reply #17 on: 2007-07-31 23:42:46 »
I never seem to run into those i guess i'm in the wrong area and thanks for help.

and to ChocoboFriedSteak. I dont have a golden chocobo which means. No mime, and no kotr! I do have quadra magic though.....And to malach!(I'm too lazy to quote) I would just use yuffie(In my opinion i really dont like her) even though vincents my favorite character. The reason being i havent made him kill a lot of enemies so his attack is pretty bad ^^;;;..and i may sound stupid when i say this but i actually tried getting that up. I put him in the forest area where you can get either two enemies, five enemies or six. in one battle. I gave him slash all, it's hard to get it up though x.x....

Ok what I'm going to try and do is....use lucky 7's because right now thats the only thing i can do especially being that i dont have kotr. i just wish i had mime, this way if everyone was in lucky sevens and mime'd say a limit then they'd to 7777 per hit and they do a lot of hits. *Sighs* I have 9999 health. And the problem is, i want my characters alive. and everywhere i read it says "Ruby weapon wont use whirlsand(Or something) if its claws are in the ground!" can someone tell me this is a false fact please? lol. And I'm going to try and get power source's as suggested by malach! this is gonna take me a loooooong time lol.

Just get the gold chicken, not hard at all and alot of fun to breed, it takes alot of money to buy those Sylky Greens though. Even with lucky 7s it'd be really hard because it'd take alot of those 7777 hits, KOTR hits for 9999 and it takes alot of hits so just imagine. Safe yourself the time and headache and breed a gold chicken, in the time you spend trying to figure out how to kill it and device ways of doing it, you might have bred 2 gold chickens.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-08-01 02:32:01 »
Or you could try barrette angermax thing which I saw killed emerald in 1min 19 secs. LOL.

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-08-01 04:24:29 »
ugh i've tried soooo hard to get a gold chokie. and believe me at this point its not worth it. I may as well skip out of the weapons again then go through the chocobo's over and over and over again lol and thanks i thought it was in that area but i wasnt sure cause i have horrible luck i suppose. anywho. and video games are like life to me because i've played then since i was 2. yay!  :mrgreen: anyway i'm still gonna try i guess. just need to level up more materia. and in terms of chocobo i've completely given up!

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007-08-01 05:05:58 »
i gave up on the chocobo breeding in 7 a long time ago. but getting the gold chocobo in 9 was loads easer. speaking of gold chocobos is there a way to update the chocobo that you can get in ff8? or are you stuck with the yellow one? 'cus if you are why didn't square make it/them into golden chocobo or make it like one?

« Reply #21 on: 2007-08-01 06:06:37 »
ugh i've tried soooo hard to get a gold chokie. and believe me at this point its not worth it. I may as well skip out of the weapons again then go through the chocobo's over and over and over again lol and thanks i thought it was in that area but i wasnt sure cause i have horrible luck i suppose. anywho. and video games are like life to me because i've played then since i was 2. yay!  :mrgreen: anyway i'm still gonna try i guess. just need to level up more materia. and in terms of chocobo i've completely given up!

Man i can't believe some of you don't like the bird breeding? i thought it was easy but time consuming do you guys know where to look for them or you just hate having to race them up to class S?

Now, you want to hear tough, demanding and stupid? this i gave up on after 3 days, getting the ultimate weapon for the main character in FF10, what a damn pain. you have to deal with birds too a race with them and get some impossible times to get the weapon.  :x

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007-08-01 06:40:32 »
you know what the funny thing is. I actually did that. And racing the birds isnt the hard part. When ever i try to breed them it just doesnt work.... I have them both on s class both are good/great chokies and i just dont know what goes wrong -.-.... comepared the the stress and annoyance that put me through final fantasy X ultimate weapons was a cake walk lol.

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007-08-01 15:59:03 »
wait wait wait slow down. are you saying that the chocobos in 10 are like the ones in 7? or am i missreading your guy/girl(s) posts?

Brokenheart

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007-08-01 21:04:15 »
what are you talking about? lol no. CFS is trying to convince me to breed a gold chocobo saying how most people dont want to race them. And how that chocobos are annoying in FFX when trying to get tidus's ultimate weapon. I simply said i would rather race the chocobo's in 10 then breed them in 7 ^^;