Author Topic: Status of Mods and Tools with New FF7 PC  (Read 93716 times)

Brandonn

Re: Status of Mods and Tools with New FF7 PC
« Reply #100 on: 2012-08-19 19:29:55 »
DLPB,

Is there any chance of you separating out your translation patch from your menu overhaul mod for use with the new FF7 ReRelease?

I remember playing FF Tactics with a fan re-translation, and the dialogue was way better. Even if I downgraded my FF7, (I don't even think I can and have it still work), I would still want a way to have the changed text without the new menus. I just like the older style on some parts of the game.

I realize my question may be silly, but I'm new to mods for this game and have no idea what files are being changed, or how integrated your 2 projects now are with each other. Best case scenario the files that change the texts are separate from the exe and not integrated with your other changes.

Please let me know, or if you can recommend anything that may have the same change I'm looking for that might work with the ReRelease.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2012-08-19 20:11:01 »
I can do that but in future it may prove tricky since I made this to work with the new font... so it could well be that certain tags make the windows smaller than they should be.

I will make next installer so that you can install it separately.

Brandonn

« Reply #102 on: 2012-08-19 20:31:21 »
That'd be great I'll watch the release posts for an update of once it's out. I'll test it out once I have it and give you feedback.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2012-08-19 20:42:22 »
I can do that but in future it may prove tricky since I made this to work with the new font... so it could well be that certain tags make the windows smaller than they should be.

I will make next installer so that you can install it separately.
this because the new exe is impossible to mod?

Brandonn

« Reply #104 on: 2012-08-20 00:34:23 »
There is always a way. It's just people haven't had much time to work on the new files very extensively. It will happen eventually.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2012-08-20 00:36:38 »
this because the new exe is impossible to mod?

No, it is easy to mod new exe... it includes the old one.  It is because there is no Aali's driver there... so no modpath.  Hence some mods like Menu Project are not ever going to work.

The problem with translation is that I use the menu project font sometimes to determine an absolute window width.  We will see how it goes.

There is 2 other issues...

1.  I'd have to make an exception for this and make a new program that can edit new exe (pretty easy but I am not supporting new exe)

2.  touphscript needs updating to work around the issue with new flevel.

I will allow the translation to be used outside menu project but it isnt going to work with new ff7...  you will have to convert to old ff7 with kranmers patch.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-20 00:39:52 by DLPB »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2012-08-20 00:57:28 »
What about the LGP version of Leonhart's & Magochocobo's battle scene textures?
Do they work with the new version?

Battle Scene enhacement lgp use.zip             Philman         Leonhart Battle art enhancement as LGP  Qhimm FILE MIRROR

Magochocobo Battle Scenes (lgp use).rar         Philman         Mago Battle art LGP Packs 1, 1.5, 2     Qhimm FILE MIRROR

magochocobo ff7 battle.rar                      Magochocobo     Magochocobo Battle LGP Packs 1 & 1.5    Qhimm FILE

magochocobo_ff7_pack 3 lpg.rar                  Magochocobo     Battle art enhancement as LGP Pack 3    Qhimm FILE MIRROR

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #107 on: 2012-08-20 03:15:36 »
im off tomorrow. how can i test this? what will i be loking for

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2012-08-20 04:14:04 »
Use ulgp to add the textures to the battle.lgp archive.
Then play the game and observe the battle scenes.
The first battles in the train station and reactor 1 are not enhanced.
You'll need to start a battle later in the game.

ulgp.7z             Luksy           LGP Tool to Modify Game Archives    Qhimm FILE SOURCE

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2012-08-20 04:18:38 »
battle models for characters and weapons are compatible and the battle lgp in the new and old are the exact same. so i dont see why these wont work. i have a save at the downed plane in the sea/ocean. are textures done there?

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2012-08-20 06:31:00 »
No, it is easy to mod new exe... it includes the old one.  It is because there is no Aali's driver there... so no modpath.  Hence some mods like Menu Project are not ever going to work.

The problem with translation is that I use the menu project font sometimes to determine an absolute window width.  We will see how it goes.

There is 2 other issues...

1.  I'd have to make an exception for this and make a new program that can edit new exe (pretty easy but I am not supporting new exe)

2.  touphscript needs updating to work around the issue with new flevel.

I will allow the translation to be used outside menu project but it isnt going to work with new ff7...  you will have to convert to old ff7 with kranmers patch.
thanks. so we only have to hope aali does magic again and releases a driver? possibly with ehnanced shaders?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2012-08-20 08:02:05 »
Unlikely...  best bet is to just use kranmers converter.  Of course that's only if you want the old game...

If Luksy adds support for new exe one day with ts, it will be possible.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2012-08-20 08:24:20 »
that also means we cannot use anymore the break 9999 limits, right?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2012-08-20 08:27:16 »
that also means we cannot use anymore the break 9999 limits, right?

Unfortunately that is part of the Menu Project...  Your best bet is to download yamp version, place it on the original 1.02, do a comparison with a back up of original 1.02 using dup.  Look at what the addresses changed are, copy them to a text file.  Change the addresses by adding C00 to all of them.  Use my Hexteditor program to patch new exe.

It is a lot of messing about. 

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2012-08-20 08:53:35 »
would the new version support higher values?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2012-08-20 09:04:03 »
The new exe is same as old from 0x1000 to the end of 1.02 data.  Therefore adding C00 to the addresses corrects the addresses for the new exe.  The old exe data started at 0x400

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2012-08-20 14:27:48 »
this is straight from remix page with my thoughts added on the end. if it runs through the installer without stopping some things would change but not all. mostly models so at this point i think UMI will do more on the rerelease than this could ever hope to do. i say scrap it and take things unique to it which is music. (and apz)

Code: [Select]
FF7 v1.02 official patch  -no
Aali's OpenGL Driver v0.7.3b -no
Higher quality FMV's -no need
Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod v1.0 (+9999 limit breaker patch) -wont work because paths are different
YAMP (Cutscene skip, Transparent dialogue boxes, and Mdef fix) -isnt this considered obsolete
Apz' High quality Cloud battle mod- yes
Timu Sumisu & Millenia's high quality Barret Battle mod-yes
Grimmy's high quality Diamond Weapon Battle & Field mods-yes
Team Avalanche 2D Overhaul (beta 9 hr +colon fix +fire2\faiga workaround +jutmpl01.tex fix +new opening screen)-if this relies on aalis no
Higher quality cloud bike minigame model -so far all the lgps i touched are moddable my guess is yes
Phoenix Rejuvenation Project field models (+flickering materia fix +transparent faces fix)- idk how this works ill look and edit this post. if its an lgp yes
New weapon models by Slayersnext+ApzFreak+TimuSumisu+Millenia- yes
Ficedula's FF7Music (w/ "lessdebug")- i think no
Final FanTim's FF7 Remastered Soundtrack (looped by yours truly)- i think no
FF7 Remixed Music by the folks at OCReMix -i think no

Also incorporated are a few mods of my own:
idk about these but if its done in the .lgp's, scene.bin and kernel.bin yes. elsewhere idk
File Icon Redux
New Spells/Weapons/Armor
Remastered AI Script
Battle glitch fixes
Re-translations

@pitbrat
i tried this one
Battle Scene enhacement lgp use.zip             Philman         Leonhart Battle art enhancement as LGP
and did battles in the fields and beaches around gold saucer and they showed up fine.
battle lgp appears to be fully moddable. should i keep going down the list?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2012-08-20 14:37:19 »
Given some of the things on that list will be using the wrong path...  I don't think there's a chance the whole thing is going to work.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2012-08-20 14:51:52 »
if it runs start to finish the models will be changed. but i think thats it. out of curiosity i tried avalanches stuff and same results models switched but thats all i saw
so in the end remix does like 5-10% of UMIs job. idk if itll break anything but no point in testing it further if theres no gain from it

edit
sfxedit still works. same files as before. same size. same location

edit
hojo still works. because you can browse and find the scene.bin yourself it requires no change
proud clod still works. because you can browse and find the scene.bin yourself it requires no change

edit
hack7's thread on qhimm says it only supports playstation
meteor i get an error. "the nvidia opengl driver lost connection with the display driver and is unable to continue. the application must close" if you know how to fix this ill try again
« Last Edit: 2012-08-20 16:13:57 by squall8cloud7 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2012-08-20 16:17:46 »
Cheers for that!

Try Proud Clod and Meteor too for me if you would.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2012-08-20 16:26:51 »
When/If Luksy updates touphscript to work with new exe and flevel, I will support translation of new game.  Menu Overhaul itself will probably never be supported.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2012-08-20 16:38:56 »
same as hojo. the english scene.bin in the rerelease is the exact same as the old release just different folder. in hojo and proudclod you browse for the scene.bin. so both of them are just as functional as they were on old release.
meteor i have an error when opening  it. i gotta google

hardcore mod changes more files than i thought. it changes/edits the .exe, scene.bin, kernel.bin, kernel2.bin, battle.lgp, and flevel.lgp. i think thats it. gjoerulv might have to clarify

battle.lgp appears to me fully moddable and has the same path
scene.bin, kernel.bin, and kernel2.bin appear to be fully moddable but have different paths. fixing this isnt hard.
flevel.lgp has the same path as before. now there is also a fflevel, gflevel, and sflevel i guess for different languages. i dont know anything about the flevel.lgp or if its moddable in the rerelease or how to tell
the .exe would need that c00 offset thing. i really dont know what that means.

so with a little work 4 of the 6 will patch successfully. the exe and flevel idk

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #122 on: 2012-08-20 16:47:43 »
Unfortunately that is part of the Menu Project...  Your best bet is to download yamp version, place it on the original 1.02, do a comparison with a back up of original 1.02 using dup.  Look at what the addresses changed are, copy them to a text file.  Change the addresses by adding C00 to all of them.  Use my Hexteditor program to patch new exe.

It is a lot of messing about.
Orrrr...

You could rename ff7_en.exe to ff7.exe, apply YAMP's patch and then rename back to ff7_en.exe. Whichever sounds easier to you.

Just checked YAMP patches and only the MinigamesPatch won't apply itself, because it will fail to find the correct offsets (they've duplicated some data).

So, the 9999 limit breaker works fine. The original one that is.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2012-08-20 17:17:43 »
Ah yes, you were more sophisticated than me.   :-D  Bugger off!!!!   :evil:

Ah but wait, won't it look for size?  And fail because it doesn't recognise the exe?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #124 on: 2012-08-20 17:23:38 »
Ah yes, you were more sophisticated than me.   :-D  Bugger off!!!!   :evil:

Ah but wait, won't it look for size?  And fail because it doesn't recognise the exe?
It couldn't care less about the size of the patch. It will fail because of safety check - if more than one patching address was found while analyzing unknown ff7.exe it will abort. You could say they put a decoy in code, but it is most likely needed.

Since it uses adaptive patching, it's multi-language and multi-version.