Author Topic: [REL] sl1982's Field Enhancement  (Read 75036 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: sl1982's Field Enhancement
« Reply #75 on: 2011-03-25 22:49:44 »
He meant in case the files would become corrupted.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2011-03-30 21:18:54 »
I just thought of something, in the cases where the lighting is broken, would it be possible to edit just those images AFTER Palmer outputs them and put them back to their original palette using a simple conversion? I will try it, I am assuming the original bit depth of the vanilla images is 8 or maybe 16 bit?

Kyo13

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2011-03-31 11:49:37 »
So I think, you will have to try converting file to BMP 8bits using Fireworks or something like that (Fireworks have a really good progressive conversion, the result should be great). Then converting again BMP to PNG ?!

When I've started trying to make mods for FFVII (battle characters), then first I've found tutorials using 8Bits textures. First the tutorial was using Fireworks to do a 8Bits BMP, then converting to  TEX. Maybe doing the same thing converting to PNG ? Then I've seen that we can use 24Bits textures by now ... I've installed fireworks only for his good ability converting to 8Bits, now it's useless for me, but what you said make me think about it ^^

So maybe this is the way to do what you are talking about ?!
« Last Edit: 2011-03-31 11:53:14 by Kyo13 »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2011-03-31 15:22:13 »
Sorry guys, the driver will not handle the palette changes, doesnt matter what type of png you make.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2011-03-31 19:59:59 »
Will not? I think the word you're looking for is does not. :P

This is a VERY hairy issue for one simple reason: field script can modify palettes at will. (Not change between palettes but actually modify the colors in a palette).

I am working on it, but dont expect anything anytime soon.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2011-03-31 20:52:58 »
good to know, but its a very minor thing, if it'll work someday that will be great, but for now I'm sure everyone can manage. Thanks for the info sl and aali  :mrgreen:

SuperiorBeing

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2011-04-02 22:45:32 »
im having a problem with my mods folder. it seems that every time the game tries to load form the avalanche/mods folder it fails to load every texture. here is the app.log

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.9b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics  2.1.8787
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x800, output resolution 1066x800, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 64, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 1024
INFO: vertex shader compile log: Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log: Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.
INFO: main program link log: Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked.

INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r21874, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/flevel/hand_1_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/flevel/sibuki1_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/flevel/sibuki2_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/flevel/sibuki3_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/flevel/sibuki4_00.png, failed
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; rawvideo/null 364x353, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 0.066667, frames: 1
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/opback_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/opback_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/opback_c_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/opback_d_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/opback_e_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/opback_f_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name1_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name1_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name2_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name2_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name3_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name3_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name4_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name4_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name5_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name5_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name6_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name6_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name7_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name7_b_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name8_a_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/cr/name8_b_00.png, failed
INFO: C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; mpeg4/mp3 640x480, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 247.466667, frames: 3712
INFO: vertex shader compile log: Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log: Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.
INFO: yuv program link log: Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked.

set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/menu/cloud_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/menu/barre_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/menu/tifa_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/menu/earith_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/menu/red_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/menu/yufi_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/menu/ketc_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/menu/bins_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/menu/cido_00.png, failed
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/char/AABB_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/flevel/c_eye2_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/flevel/c_eye2r_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/char/AVGB_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/char/AVGE_00.png, failed
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_00_01.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_01_02.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_01_03.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_02_04.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_02_06.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_02_07.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_03_07.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_03_08.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_03_09.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_03_10.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_03_11.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_04_11.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_15_12.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_16_12.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_15_13.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/mods/avalanche/field/nmkin_4/nmkin_4_16_13.png, falling back to palette 0
WM_CLOSE
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

i've tried for two weeks to get this to work. I've used the search on this website and google and one person had the same issue. he fixed it but did not tell how except that he modified a registry entry. any help is appreciated

cpu specs
windows 7
ati mobility radeon 3100
2 gb ram

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2011-04-02 23:04:09 »
This is obvious. Your opengl.cfg is wrongly configurated. It's not "/mods/avalanche" that you are supposed to put, but just "avalanche"

Terid__K

« Reply #83 on: 2011-04-02 23:07:57 »
Not to mention the slashes are inverted.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2011-04-02 23:09:06 »
Not to mention the dashes are inverted.

Yeah, but I was too lazy to mention that :P

SuperiorBeing

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2011-04-02 23:40:45 »
well your both wrong. my mod path is correct with avalanche only. those inverted "slashes" aren't my fault as the only place i seen it that way is in the app log. there is no other way that i know to remove the two slashes in the address

here is the cfg file

# ff7_opengl-0.7.9b config file

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 1280
window_size_y = 800
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = no

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = avalanche

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = on

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = on

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = no

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = on

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = no

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = on

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = yes

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = no

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = yes

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

# vertex and fragment shaders
vert_source = shaders/main.vert
frag_source = shaders/main.frag

# YUV fast path shader
yuv_source = shaders/yuv.frag

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = on

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = yes

Like i said in a previous post, i took two weeks before asking for help. I've tried everyones help that i found. again. thanks for any help

also it doesn't work in Aali version 0.7.10b either.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2011-04-03 00:04:21 »
you have "show missing textures" on. Lemme ask you a question? Are any of the field background enhancements showing up in game or is absolutely nothing working? If the backgrounds are working then you don't have a problem. You see when "show missing textures" is on, the app log will display any texture that does not load from the mod path as missing. This has several practical applications for modders, such as telling you what to name replacement battle textures, but its not really necessary for casual play. Just because it says its missing in the app log doesn't mean its not loading from the lgp. And just from taking a quick look at your app log it doesn't look like any of the field backgrounds have failed. To recap anything that doesn't load from the mod path directly will show as missing when that option is on, as this option was built specifically for modders. If your not modifying the game you should probably just turn it off. Hope this helps. It doesn't really look like you have a real problem as far as I can tell.

oh and as for the backwards slashes, the app log just does that for some reason. No cause for concern

SuperiorBeing

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2011-04-03 00:15:49 »
yarLason; im actually using your mods (field enhancement) along with sl1982's and FL's battle scenes. i don't see any improvements to the field or the battle scenes as i have all that installed in my mods folder. what i do see in the app log is the the two slashes in the addresses that failed (looks like this "\/"). i think this is my biggest problem as i don't see anyone else app log look like mine except for the one guy who had the same problem. Thanks.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2011-04-03 00:47:15 »
again your app log looks like that because you have show missing textures on! turn it off and take a look. As for the backgrounds not working, this is a work in progress so check to see which of the backgrounds we have actually completed as their are quite a few that still need to be done. Just turn off show missing textures, you don't need it and it seems to be confusing you, if you have a problem loading the backgrounds that have actually been completed then let me know further details, but what you've posted so far only leads me to believe that your just confused.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2011-04-03 02:17:06 »
Your app.log shows nmkin_4 to be working properly. If it was not working properly it would have a failure after falling back to palette 0

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2011-04-03 02:33:36 »
Just like this... I think this APP log is impossible because of the slashes. In fact, they all are supposed to be \ and not / and the driver won't load any path with / automatically, so you better reinstall IMO.

(Or is it a fake?...)

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2011-04-03 02:47:01 »
Vgr255 there is nothing wrong with the way the slashes are. Its just the way it is. If you don't believe me just turn on "show missing textures" ad see for yourself. Its just thte way it displays it, I dunno why, but there is no problem with it.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2011-04-03 02:49:43 »
This makes no sense to me, because I've never ever ever encountered such an issue, and I used the driver quite a lot. Even with this option on, it didn't make my APP log like this. I didn't thought that would be the case for other persons...

P.S.: Try turning it off...

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2011-04-03 03:23:40 »
well thats the way it shows for me and I've never had any problems so I guess either way is acceptable

bjaxx87

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2011-06-08 16:49:13 »
Note: Some of the scenes cause glitch errors due to palette changes. I have included the files anyways for those that wish to use them. If you want to get rid of the errors just delete the PNG that has the 15 in it. IE tin_1_15_00.png

IE = in example? Do I have to delete tin_1_15_00.png only or must I delete all the following files:

Thanks for a short reply!

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2011-06-08 19:45:46 »
It would be any file that has 15 in it. But not all scenes have palette changes so they would not need to be deleted. If you do not wish to search for all of them then just delete them all.

bjaxx87

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2011-06-08 20:50:59 »
Ah, okay! Thank you!

Lubis

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2011-06-18 07:56:54 »
Ok, i'm kinda a newb at modding games, so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.  In my config file, I had the' mod_path = none'  showing up in my file.  So, I've also downloaded all the files from this and extracted them inside the mods folder.  I've never downloaded anything related to that "avalanche" (ie mod_path = avalanche) so I don't have those mods either, I just really wanna get these to work.  So I extracted them in the mods folder, and I put 'mod_path = mods' in my config file, but I'm still not seeing any improvements to the game.  It seems like there should be some sub folder in the mod folder, but i'm not really sure.  I'll copy what is in my file, and hopefully someone can help me get this working.  Remember, I extracted all the files I downloaded from here straight into the mods folder, so maybe that was a mistake but I don't know.

# ff7_opengl-0.7.10b config file

## USER OPTIONS ##
## If you just want to play the game, these are the only options you'll want to change.

# set the window size (or fullscreen resolution) of FF7
# 0 means use original resolution (whatever ff7.exe provides)
# preserve_aspect adds black borders as needed to preserve a 4:3 aspect ratio
window_size_x = 0
window_size_y = 0
preserve_aspect = yes
fullscreen = yes

# mod directory
# subdirectroy of mods/ where textures will be loaded from
# does not affect the old external textures feature, those should still go in textures/
mod_path = mods

# check your driver settings if this option doesn't seem to work
enable_vsync = yes

# limit snowboard, coaster and highway minigames to refresh rate / 2, i.e. 30fps for a 60hz display mode
# vsync must be enabled and working for this to have any effect
minigame_framelimiter = on

# same thing, but for the battle swirl
battleswirl_framelimiter = off

# allow FF7 to use linear filtering for its textures
# some things look slightly better with this option on, but alot of textures just lose their detail
linear_filter = off

# plugin used to play music, the FF7Music plugin MUST be enabled for FF7Music to work.
# If no music plugin is loaded the game will play MIDI as usual but FF7Music will NOT work.
music_plugin = plugins/ff7music.fgp

## ENHANCEMENTS ##
## All the little extras that weren't part of the original game, default options include only trivial bug fixes.

# make all dialog boxes transparent, same effect as the transparent dialog boxes YAMP patch
transparent_dialogs = on

# allow max hp/mp to go over 9999, same effect as the YAMP patch by dziugo
break_9999limit = no

# include armor in magic defense calculation
mdef_fix = yes

# expand battle viewport to cover entire screen and make the battle menu transparent
new_battle_interface = off

# post-processing shader, used to apply fullscreen effects
post_source = shaders/bloom2.post
enable_postprocessing = no

## ADVANCED OPTIONS ##
## Don't fiddle with these unless you know what you're doing.

# use shaders, if available and supported
# turn shaders off to use the OpenGL 1.1 backend
use_shaders = yes

# prevent glitches due to rounding errors by rendering in the nearest (larger, if supported)
# multiple of the original resolution and up/down-scaling
prevent_rounding_errors = yes

# enable alpha blending for textures without an existing blending effect
fancy_transparency = on

# display frames per second counter in upper right corner
show_fps = no

# display some real-time debug information
show_stats = no

# store external textures in a compressed cache for increased performance
# compression is not lossless, some artifacts may appear when this option is in use
# texture cache does NOT update automatically if the source image changes, however, deleting anything from the cache
# will cause that file to be recreated from the source
compress_textures = yes

# replace FF7's default framelimiter timer source
use_new_timer = yes

# use a more stable (but less accurate) timer to control FF7's framelimiter
# this option has no effect unless the use_new_timer option is on
use_stable_timer = no

# plugin used to play movies, FFMpeg is the only choice for now
movie_plugin = plugins/ffmpeg_movies.fgp

## MODDER OPTIONS ##
## These options are mostly useful to modders and should not be enabled during normal play.

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = off

# show every failed attempt at loading a .png texture
show_missing_textures = no

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2011-06-18 10:45:01 »
Ok, i'm kinda a newb at modding games, so I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.  In my config file, I had the' mod_path = none'  showing up in my file.  So, I've also downloaded all the files from this and extracted them inside the mods folder.  I've never downloaded anything related to that "avalanche" (ie mod_path = avalanche) so I don't have those mods either, I just really wanna get these to work.  So I extracted them in the mods folder, and I put 'mod_path = mods' in my config file, but I'm still not seeing any improvements to the game.  It seems like there should be some sub folder in the mod folder, but i'm not really sure.  I'll copy what is in my file, and hopefully someone can help me get this working.  Remember, I extracted all the files I downloaded from here straight into the mods folder, so maybe that was a mistake but I don't know.

You just need to make a subdirectory within the mods folder. Most people name it avalanche for simplicity sake. set the mod_path to avalanche and put all those files in that avalanche directory. For whatever reason, has to be a subdirectory within mods folder. You COULD name it C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\mods\mods\ if you really wanted to set the code to say mod_path = mods

lys1991

« Reply #99 on: 2011-06-28 11:09:31 »
Hi guy !
I have a problem with sl1982's Field Enchancement

INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_00_01.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_01_03.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_02_04.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_02_05.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_02_06.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_03_06.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_03_07.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_03_08.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_03_09.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_03_10.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_04_10.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_01_02.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_15_12.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_15_11.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_16_11.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_16_12.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_17_11.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_15_13.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_16_13.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_17_13.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_17_12.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_15_14.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_16_14.png, falling back to palette 0
INFO: tried to load d:\game online\final fantasy vii\/mods/Avalanche/field/nmkin_5/nmkin_5_17_14.png, falling back to palette 0

All Field Files have such problems.

I config opengl:
mod_patch = Avalanche

And Link This file:
D:\Game online\Final Fantasy VII\mods\Avalanche\field\nmkin_5

So, what problems for above ???

(I'm Speaking English little bad)