Author Topic: more problems encountered.... the field model/ battle models.  (Read 8145 times)

kurenai

• dont blame me for your nightmares...
    • View Profile
everything seems to be working fine exept for some of the battle models and the field models are messed up.

with i think most of the field models the legs and arms are missing. i think its due to the fact that they are backwards. (i checked in ifalna and noticed that the arms were backwards so i was thinkin thats why they were missing.) 

then i noticed some of the battle models were messed up because when in the beginning of the game where you fight the first boss... his arms and face was missing..

can some one help me fix this?

i noticed on another topic that someone was having a similar problem...and they were told to switch the graphics or something? if thats what i need to do then i need some help on doing that.

thanks!

kurenai

• View Profile
still looking for help....

Destiny

• View Profile
You encounter problems in battle model? Something like the file "sacg" mysteriously diappears from the lgp file? That was the right hand of Sephiroth. Sometimes it happens when compressing and when i play that lgp sephiroth has got no right hand O.O. You just need to take back that file inside the archive and compact again, leave backup files on your harddrive for lgp files, this helps a lot.
For field models, you just need to resize and reposition all the parts in the right place. If you already did this thing, sometimes with some characters the modification of the skeleton itself in kimera can cause this incovenience. Just change the bones lenghts using the manual method.
For battle model, i repeat, i suggest to control your lgp, and i think you will find the 3 files missing (the legs and the head).
I'm not sure if that was a graphical problem, i think is just a glitch.

kurenai

• View Profile
but what if its a lot of files...like a lot of the enemies are missing parts of their body.

i havent progressed through the game that much since i didnt want to go through the game like that.

and also with the field models it seems to be with everyone...even the npc's are missing like their upper bodies, or sometimes their head. (that seems to be my problem with tifa and barret right now...since thats all who i have.) and cloud is missing his arms and his legs.

so i dont know if im gonna go searching for each file for each person that is messed up...(which seems to be everyone so far...even biggs, jesse..)

and the same with rotating and fixing them in kimera...dont you think thats a little difficult and tedious?

Destiny

• View Profile
No no what happened to me was simple and quick to solve. That is pretty strange, it happens with standard char.lgp, i mean standard graphic? Big square guys i mean.

kurenai

• View Profile
no its with the hi res patch...maybe i should have mentioned that *small* detail...hehe?

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
Clean char.lgp, and re-installation of Npc-rp/PRP?

kurenai

• View Profile
ok how do i clean the file?

and one more thing...when i go to the folder for ff7 then go to the data..then field the char file that i created w/ lgp tools isnt there but i can select it when i used the reconstruction patch which i thought was weird.

plus when i go into the folder where are the char files got extracted into from the char.lgp that folder is empty which didnt make sense, since all the files got extracted to it...

do you think that might also be a problem why the models are acting up?

• View Profile
Hmmm, as far as I'm aware, when you extract the files, you extract them to the char folder you create, then once you've compiled your new modified .lgp, you delete said folder from the program file.

So really, there should be nothing in it.  But to get a clean char.lgp, I think a clean, full install is required.  Then try installing the patch from scratch. 
The .lgp that you create btw, should be in the Data folder, and the original should be backed up somewhere.  Which I assume yours isn't, since your asking how to get a clean .lgp. :-P

Destiny

• View Profile
Ehm when you compile a .lgp file, did you changed the destination folder? I mean you must not save in the same destination where the files to compile are in.
But i think you know it, anyway... If the files are missing the game usually crashes O.O even if i noticed that ff7.exe runs too if you move it into another folder.
Well if you use lgptool, when you compile, no bars will show you the running process, so you must wait until the main screen of lgptools becomes operative again (if you notice, the programs seems to block, but is just the work in progress of the compiling).
I don't know if this can help, but i hope so

kurenai

• View Profile
well i have followed all the directions right like in the instructions and videos.. and i have done all this before, just on a different computer so i do know what im doing for the most part but i had just never had all these problems.

and i have the back up file where you are supposed to rename it to char.bak.lgp (or whatever) which is the orginal file and i think that one is fine. but i didnt delete the folder that i extracted the files to. but once i look at the folder its empty. even right after i create the new char.lgp file.

also what i was saying before once you create the file and put it in the field folder..its not there...but when i do the reconstruction patch the new file is there...but once i try to look at it throught "my computer" its not there.

when i first saw the models messed up i thought i should redo the whole lgp extractions and re run the npc reconstruction which i did..and everything seemed to be the same... so im a lil confused on what needs to be done

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
It's possible that the archives are perfectly fine, but the parts will be missing. On my laptop it seems like the game can display only fixed numer of polygons, so more parts will appear as you kill of the enemies one by one. Possibly a driver issue, I don't mind it since I only launch FF7 to test the VOP application.

Just letting you know because it might not be NPC-RP related at all.

kurenai

• View Profile
ok... i didnt think it was either...

so what do you suggest?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Mess with the drivers? Don't really know.

• View Profile
I still suggest totally clean install of FF7, then 1.02 patch, then the Npc-Rp, just to see if it was maybe a corrupt installation, or two patches you may have not really getting along with each other.

kurenai

• View Profile
which 2 patches?

• View Profile
I mean in general, you haven't specified what (if any) patches you are using.
Some are incompatible with others.  If you are using some unofficial patches (Npc-Rp, PrP, High-res etc..), then two of them might be incompatible.

Are you using any patches at all, other than the Npc-Rp?

kurenai

• View Profile
basically most of the patches in the..

"FINAL FANTASY VII PC - NEAT COMPILATION OF PATCHES AND MODS"

i think its files 1-7 (not including the cloud hand patch)

meaning..
1ff7 v 1.02 official patch
2 saints high res patch
3 Yamp ( not including tifa's or cait sith)
4 higher quality cloud battle model
5 npc reconstruction patch
6 new spell patch
7 advent avatars mod