Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4869078 times)

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Last Edit: 2017-04-10 09:45:28 by unclebiggs23 »

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #5176 on: 2017-04-10 09:40:54 »
Maxed Elemental for Absorb.  Did you not get the Powersoul from Mount Nibel?  You're unfortunately too far at this point to get the Curse Ring/Power Soul combo going, but you can kind of fake it with Death Sentence.

If you hit Jenova with Level 5 Suicide, she has a pretty unique counter sequence.  It's fun to watch, but it's pretty much a guaranteed wipe unless you're very lucky.

I just have to say that I tried this method as well, and WOW does she NOT like that, at all. Miraculously, though, I managed to win, but just barely though. The last character standing, Yuffie, had only 154 HP left at the end. And sorry for the empty post just before this one; I must have pressed the wrong key and it posted.

Necro

• View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: 2017-04-10 13:17:00 »
Wow the materia cave bosses are insanely difficult. I think These are for max level parties or someone way better than I am. Goldberries got me good and the Kaktuar rocked me hard.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: 2017-04-10 14:22:27 »
Goldberries got me good and the Kaktuar rocked me hard.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-10 14:26:41 by lionheart82 »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: 2017-04-10 14:25:31 »

Hey sega just occurred to me is it possible to get load option in menu or at save point just like you made other option available? Its time consuming to exit and relaunch 7H just to load different save? Its a hassle. Or is alyza better to ask of that feature? I miss save and load state of epsxe...

Necro

• View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: 2017-04-10 15:24:00 »
Can anyone tell me where to go after beating Diamond outside of Midgar?
They said to check out the Crater now but the barrier is still up bouncing me off. "Something buzzed by."

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: 2017-04-10 15:54:40 »
Great NT enemy for AP farm Nibelheim town grass area gives 300AP – Valron(winged blue demon)
Perfect to level up all those material after finishing Rocket Town. I killed Cloud so he doesn’t get xp and the other 2 members got lots of ap wo getting a ton of xp along. Also good opportunity to level up Limits, just before Temple.
4750/500, weak Holy

Heeeeeeey wth is going on with yuffies wutai entry scene!? I got som materia that wasnt stolen! Is that supposed to be or its a glitch?
I got 1 poison, 3 heals, 6 restores, 3 lighting/ice/fire, 1 sense, 2 steals.

Did i have more than the game thought i should've?

Edit: tried that scene once more and materia left is literally the same, so its not a bug? Or it a repeated bug?
Edit: well went through wutai w those. Oh well.

Chief, one critic. Its fine that you made collecting turtle paradise flyers unnecessary, but i think a reward for those that do collect all should be in place, whatever it was?

One compliment. If i was blown away by anything so far, its the date thing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. ♥
It really means a lot!
All the stuff and work is amazing but, this is out of league.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-10 19:17:00 by lionheart82 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: 2017-04-10 21:49:01 »
Hey sega just occurred to me is it possible to get load option in menu or at save point just like you made other option available? Its time consuming to exit and relaunch 7H just to load different save? Its a hassle. Or is alyza better to ask of that feature? I miss save and load state of epsxe...

I guess it would be a pain; 7H takes a little longer to load if I remember right. I don't know how to add that functionality to the Menu, but I think Dan implemented a soft-reset hack (but it had a drawback of some kind). Otherwise, what I could do is somehow force a Game Over so that you end up back at the Start screen.

Can anyone tell me where to go after beating Diamond outside of Midgar?
They said to check out the Crater now but the barrier is still up bouncing me off. "Something buzzed by."

Sounds serious; the Barrier is supposed to be gone after seeing the 'Sister Ray Fires' FMV. I can sort this out for your save game with a patch but I wonder what the underlying cause was. Were any of the scenes missing after you beat Diamond Weapon?

Heeeeeeey wth is going on with yuffies wutai entry scene!? I got som materia that wasnt stolen! Is that supposed to be or its a glitch?
I got 1 poison, 3 heals, 6 restores, 3 lighting/ice/fire, 1 sense, 2 steals.

Did i have more than the game thought i should've?

Edit: tried that scene once more and materia left is literally the same, so its not a bug? Or it a repeated bug?
Edit: well went through wutai w those. Oh well.

Yuffie can only steal a certain amount of Materia and will leave some behind based on certain criteria.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-10 21:50:41 by Sega Chief »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: 2017-04-11 01:29:37 »

ochu has a force game over button. i use it to speed the game up too. wonderful program

Necro

• View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: 2017-04-11 03:49:53 »
Sounds serious; the Barrier is supposed to be gone after seeing the 'Sister Ray Fires' FMV. I can sort this out for your save game with a patch but I wonder what the underlying cause was. Were any of the scenes missing after you beat Diamond Weapon?
Uh not that I'm aware. I killed him outside Midgar, then it played a scene with them shooting the barrier. There was a weird white pixel wall that moved across the screen when I won the fight. I watched a youtube video of someone beating it and they got the same white wall effect with no problems though.

I actually tried grabbing a save editor that I had seen him using in the video but I don't know how to actually use it. I was just going to set the flag for the barrier being down before I gave up haha.
Will the patch work for the exe version or will I need to migrate to 7H?

edit: Looks like rolling back my event flags worked. I had to kill Diamond again but it worked this time. I did get an extra shield materia and another bucket full of EXP and AP though. I can't say I'm complaining though.
for reference, I was 1568 and rolled back to 1566. 1567 was some kind of unused scene I think?

The Curator is impossible to beat. I'm glad I checked youtube for what I'd be missing out on because I probably would have quit playing. Well played.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-11 05:38:28 by Necro »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: 2017-04-11 09:44:11 »
ochu has a force game over button. i use it to speed the game up too. wonderful program
Ok i dl it and unzip ut it says ff7 not detected, when both unzipped in generic folder or contents copied into main ff7 folder. Is there specific address i should copy it to?
Edit: nvm i just didnt have the game active and playing.

Edit: where is the condor teleport man after cait scene in gold saucer? Couldn't find him anywhere and had to traverse normaly to fort.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-11 11:00:54 by lionheart82 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: 2017-04-11 14:20:04 »
Uh not that I'm aware. I killed him outside Midgar, then it played a scene with them shooting the barrier. There was a weird white pixel wall that moved across the screen when I won the fight. I watched a youtube video of someone beating it and they got the same white wall effect with no problems though.

I actually tried grabbing a save editor that I had seen him using in the video but I don't know how to actually use it. I was just going to set the flag for the barrier being down before I gave up haha.
Will the patch work for the exe version or will I need to migrate to 7H?

edit: Looks like rolling back my event flags worked. I had to kill Diamond again but it worked this time. I did get an extra shield materia and another bucket full of EXP and AP though. I can't say I'm complaining though.
for reference, I was 1568 and rolled back to 1566. 1567 was some kind of unused scene I think?

The Curator is impossible to beat. I'm glad I checked youtube for what I'd be missing out on because I probably would have quit playing. Well played.

I'll add a failsafe to the event in case this happens to other people.

Edit: where is the condor teleport man after cait scene in gold saucer? Couldn't find him anywhere and had to traverse normaly to fort.

I only added in the teleport NPC when it would be impossible/time-consuming to get there manually. That bit of the game you have the Bronco, and Fort Condor is quite close to the Temple.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: 2017-04-11 16:06:09 »
Hahaha good to know, would've kept searching him, rest of battles. Searched the whole gold saucer looking.

JonJon412

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: 2017-04-11 21:01:16 »
Out of curiosity I got a question...

I'll give you an example, just before the Dyne fight, there's this fight when you focus on the guy that's lying down right, but when I got into battle, the 3 enemies do nothing, they just stay there and take damage, just like the monsters I got while helping Jesse and when I tried to take the Phoenix Downs from the nests...

Is this supposed to be like this or has the game glitched on me?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: 2017-04-12 22:28:52 »
Out of curiosity I got a question...

I'll give you an example, just before the Dyne fight, there's this fight when you focus on the guy that's lying down right, but when I got into battle, the 3 enemies do nothing, they just stay there and take damage, just like the monsters I got while helping Jesse and when I tried to take the Phoenix Downs from the nests...

Is this supposed to be like this or has the game glitched on me?

It sounds like you're getting debug battles which is worrying because those battles have been overwritten completely for NT, and in turn means that your scene.bin isn't patched. If that's the case, then there's a chance you've been fighting default enemies this entire time.

In the very first boss battle, did Guard Scorpion appear black/gold and have the new name of X-ATM Scorpion? Did it use Magnetic Scope instead of Search Scope?

unclebiggs23

• View Profile
« Reply #5190 on: 2017-04-13 02:35:01 »
I found something odd that occurred in Mt Nibel the other day. I was fighting a group of two Screamers and a Twin Brain. I went after the Twin Brain first and all of a sudden when I tried to target it I could not. I assumed that maybe he died without doing the death animation. I tried using a multi-target attack like Antipode to target it, and sure enough he was not shown as a target since no cursor appeared on him. The two Screamers died like normal, though, and the battle ended when they died.

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: 2017-04-13 06:08:11 »
Sega Chief, two questions

1. any ETA on 1.5?
2.  Do you plan to integrate the Beacause script in some fashion?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: 2017-04-13 11:49:02 »
I found something odd that occurred in Mt Nibel the other day. I was fighting a group of two Screamers and a Twin Brain. I went after the Twin Brain first and all of a sudden when I tried to target it I could not. I assumed that maybe he died without doing the death animation. I tried using a multi-target attack like Antipode to target it, and sure enough he was not shown as a target since no cursor appeared on him. The two Screamers died like normal, though, and the battle ended when they died.

Prob an AI thing, I'll check him out.

Sega Chief, two questions

1. any ETA on 1.5?
2.  Do you plan to integrate the Beacause script in some fashion?

No ETA I'm afraid; I'm just past the Corel Train though.

NT 1.5 will have a completed re-write, but I'll need a break before looking at making a special version with Beacause script in it assuming Dan gives the go-ahead. The eventing between both mods is different so the only safe way to do it would be manually which will take time.

Alucard Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: 2017-04-13 16:43:09 »
Hi Sega Chief, thank you so much for the great Mod i love it. But now i have a big Problem with the Rank up System. I cant use it no more.

When i enter it, Mr Smile says Aint no Rank up in this Mode. Then the Game Freezes but the Musik and Background Animation still works, i cant quit or exit now. I must close the Game with Alt+F4.

There is a Picture from the Message Mr Smile says https://ibb.co/fMUh6Q

I play the Game with 7thHeaven, i allready deactivated all other mods and stuff but it still dont work.

Please help.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-13 16:45:18 by KingChris »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: 2017-04-13 18:18:42 »
QUOTE: No ETA I'm afraid; I'm just past the Corel Train though.

NT 1.5 will have a completed re-write, but I'll need a break before looking at making a special version with Beacause script in it assuming Dan gives the go-ahead. The eventing between both mods is different so the only safe way to do it would be manually which will take time.
QUOTE END

Wow that probably what most of us want, at least i would've wanted that very much, whenever it was finished. I allways wanted to try beacause but i allways ended up plaing nt beacause of new stuff, tactics, harder difficulty etc, compared to just different and improved language, which if i even oalyed would be w invincibility mod, just to read different dialogue.

It would also be with improved difficulty in some areas and enemies,by then i presume. Like in temple, that chest optional enemy was insanely difficult for me w constant fire attack every turn almost whereas wutai pagoda was ridiculously easy if you knew to prepare and even wo it.

Hopefully dan will give you consent and or cooperation on that project!

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: 2017-04-13 19:59:30 by lionheart82 »

contenance

• View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: 2017-04-13 21:45:13 »
Hi there,

at first: The game is pretty tough for me to be honest (im actually at the railway heading to corel). Anyway it is a nice challenge, i am getting a bit nostalgic :) and the fights have much more action. All in all its great work so far!

What I am actually wondering about is the materia system.
There are enough sources for in depth explanation around the vanilla materia system. Since there are a lot of changes in NT, is there any valuable source about materia you can recommend? Or can i use the vanilla sources for that?

Regards

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: 2017-04-13 23:48:19 »
Hi Sega Chief, thank you so much for the great Mod i love it. But now i have a big Problem with the Rank up System. I cant use it no more.

When i enter it, Mr Smile says Aint no Rank up in this Mode. Then the Game Freezes but the Musik and Background Animation still works, i cant quit or exit now. I must close the Game with Alt+F4.

There is a Picture from the Message Mr Smile says https://ibb.co/fMUh6Q

I play the Game with 7thHeaven, i allready deactivated all other mods and stuff but it still dont work.

Please help.

Looks like you've managed to get the Arrange flag turned on. I'll need to prep a patch to get it turned off again; at what point of the game are you?

Hi there,

at first: The game is pretty tough for me to be honest (im actually at the railway heading to corel). Anyway it is a nice challenge, i am getting a bit nostalgic :) and the fights have much more action. All in all its great work so far!

What I am actually wondering about is the materia system.
There are enough sources for in depth explanation around the vanilla materia system. Since there are a lot of changes in NT, is there any valuable source about materia you can recommend? Or can i use the vanilla sources for that?
Regards

The locations are slightly different but nothing should be missable. Vanilla sources for materia should usually be consistent with NT materia locations but some have been moved about. There should be a document in the Main Installer folder that has a list of where everything is.

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: 2017-04-14 02:46:20 »
Just finished off Phrenia.  Weirdly, he almost felt easier than ol' Schizo.  That might just be me being overleveled and packing the Powersoul Curse Ring combo - I am level 60 rn

Alucard Chris

• View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: 2017-04-14 03:26:10 »
Looks like you've managed to get the Arrange flag turned on. I'll need to prep a patch to get it turned off again; at what point of the game are you?

Yes that would be great, but how i turned the arrange Mode on ?

I start played the Game without 7thHeaven and patched/ installed your Mod vers. 1.4 manually, it works fine. Later i switched to 7thHeaven because of the other mods, i installed a new Version and used my Old saves "the last Save was in the Cave of GI". After hours of play i noticed the Bug. Maybe 7thH has something to do with it ?

The first Time i saw it, was after Mt. Nibel when you enter the Rocket Town. I used the Save Point in Cids House.

Is there a way to turn the Arrange Mode off, or how can i fix this Problem and use my last Save again ? I saw that the arrange Mode was disabled or no longer supported from your side because of bugs, what for bugs ? And are my Save now complete different or changed because of the Arrange Mode, sry i dont know the changes in arrange ?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #5199 on: 2017-04-14 05:46:05 »
Yes that would be great, but how i turned the arrange Mode on ?

I start played the Game without 7thHeaven and patched/ installed your Mod vers. 1.4 manually, it works fine. Later i switched to 7thHeaven because of the other mods, i installed a new Version and used my Old saves "the last Save was in the Cave of GI". After hours of play i noticed the Bug. Maybe 7thH has something to do with it ?

7H shouldn't have caused this. It is exact files copied from the OP here, so perhaps there was an oversight in the IRO version. Or your previous 1.4 installer had it enabled before you switched over to the 7H version. There may have been an update between the installer and 7H version that is now baked into your saves.