Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4956220 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #3450 on: 2016-04-25 20:40:10 »
So, I also had the Kalm Traveller not recognizing the items in my inventory.
I realized by using Makou Reactor that the issue was that in the variable check, 5 0 was being used instead of 5 5.
Also, for the Guide Book, there was an == check (there should be an >= one), which led me to nothing happening at all, as I had 2 Guide Books.

The latest patches, 25th April, should fix the wrong variable issue except for the == check on the guidebook (and the other two items, but it shouldn't be possible to have multiple copies of them anyway outside of save editing and maybe Extended W-Item). If you need to get rid of a guidebook and it won't sell in a store, then it can be used in-battle as an item (I'll get the check corrected in the next set of patches).

Edit: Mind the scene patch as well; there was a problem with the Safer fight.

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #3451 on: 2016-04-25 21:16:24 »
That's good. I used the 22nd April patch before. I will use the latest one then.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: 2016-04-25 21:38:16 »
The latest patches, 25th April, should fix the wrong variable issue except for the == check on the guidebook (and the other two items, but it shouldn't be possible to have multiple copies of them anyway outside of save editing and maybe Extended W-Item). If you need to get rid of a guidebook and it won't sell in a store, then it can be used in-battle as an item (I'll get the check corrected in the next set of patches).

Edit: Mind the scene patch as well; there was a problem with the Safer fight.
Downloaded the 25th April patches and still bugged with the Kalm Traveler. Instead of telling me I dn't have the Desert Rose or Earth Harp (I have both) nothing happens at all. He doesn't say anything regardless of which one I select. With Guidebook he still says we already traded but with Earth Harp and Desert Rose he just flat out ignores me.

Is it bugged because I already have the Dragon Force Enemy Skill or something (I handed in Guidebook under the old system). Seems the game really doesn't want me getting that last Enemy Skill.

Also can you still get Master Materia by taking the Mastered versions of regular Materia to the Huge Materia in Bugenhagen's observatory? I tried it with the 7 Command Materia but it doesn't want to work (Mime has 294000 AP and doesn't read as mastered even though both Stars are coloured.

Other than additional damage being dealt, is there a tell for if L3 Def-Less actually hit the target or not. On targets that aren't a multiple level of 3 it doesn't say "Miss" or anything and there's no obvious tell for if it hits (enemy doesn't flinch or anything like when hit with Sudden Death attacks). Also will the animation for L3 Def-Less be changed as the clock doesn't really fit now that it's been changed from Stasis Lock?
« Last Edit: 2016-04-25 21:42:46 by Skirmish »

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: 2016-04-26 03:00:31 »
Im at Junon. Just beat Illuyaskas......tough boss by the way, normal attacks wouldnt hit him at all!!!! Saved priscilla got Shiva. The Fort Condor NPC appeared and said there was a new battle to be fought. But he wont teleport me there.....

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: 2016-04-26 06:50:55 »
That's good. I used the 22nd April patch before. I will use the latest one then.

I heard you had to fix a bug on stream because I missed two of the checks for the patch; sorry about that, bud.

Downloaded the 25th April patches and still bugged with the Kalm Traveler. Instead of telling me I dn't have the Desert Rose or Earth Harp (I have both) nothing happens at all. He doesn't say anything regardless of which one I select. With Guidebook he still says we already traded but with Earth Harp and Desert Rose he just flat out ignores me.

Is it bugged because I already have the Dragon Force Enemy Skill or something (I handed in Guidebook under the old system). Seems the game really doesn't want me getting that last Enemy Skill.

Also can you still get Master Materia by taking the Mastered versions of regular Materia to the Huge Materia in Bugenhagen's observatory? I tried it with the 7 Command Materia but it doesn't want to work (Mime has 294000 AP and doesn't read as mastered even though both Stars are coloured.

Other than additional damage being dealt, is there a tell for if L3 Def-Less actually hit the target or not. On targets that aren't a multiple level of 3 it doesn't say "Miss" or anything and there's no obvious tell for if it hits (enemy doesn't flinch or anything like when hit with Sudden Death attacks). Also will the animation for L3 Def-Less be changed as the clock doesn't really fit now that it's been changed from Stasis Lock?

I checked it just there. The script is still using the wrong var to check for items in my flevel (5-0 instead of 5-5) which explains why he's not saying anything.

The script for making Master Materia was removed, but I've not come up with a replacement yet to make getting all the Huge Materia together worthwhile (Bahamut ZERO can be obtained from Bone Village if missed, so even that's not exclusive to it). I was thinking of doing something unusual with it, like turning them into Music/Movie/Boss theaters  (one lets you select the music in the game, one does movies, maybe one for older boss fights) but I'm not 100% on there being much point to that because you can just go into the game's files and play those anyway, while most bosses won't be much use against a Disc 2/3 party.

Actually, thinking about it there's a fair few possibilities to do something new with those Materia. Could have one give you the option to reset the game but retain your stats/equipment like an impromptu NewGame+, but this depends on how functional the debug command that does it actually is (it might not reset all the game's flags properly or something; I imagine Sephiroth > Vincent, Young Cloud > Cait Sith might pose issues too).

As for L3 Def, I'll use a different animation and maybe try to get it to display Miss if the effect doesn't apply.

Im at Junon. Just beat Illuyaskas......tough boss by the way, normal attacks wouldnt hit him at all!!!! Saved priscilla got Shiva. The Fort Condor NPC appeared and said there was a new battle to be fought. But he wont teleport me there.....

It's about time I got to the bottom of this Fort Condor NPC problem; he works fine in my save files, which makes it tricky to spot what's causing the problem for everyone else.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: 2016-04-26 13:24:22 »
Thanks. You've made a great mod, very challenging. Like I messaged you when i first started, you gave me more game overs in just the first reactor than ive ever had in all my other years playing it combined.

As for the idea of boss fights in the crystal....maybe you could make it like a gauntlet mode with souped up bosses....bosses from disk 1 with up to 20 times their normal stats. And maybe you get a prize for beating them all one after another....?

Jessen

• View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: 2016-04-26 13:25:36 »
He has one according to Sega, but i havent found it yet.
If you do find it, PM cause i really wanna know xDxD!

hmm. dunno what to think about a hidden passive like that xD having power is more fun if you know you have it imo :) havn't noticed anything special about him but im only just reaching junon so got plenty of time left to figure it out before i'm able to ditch cloud and use 3 passives i know :)  will post if i come across anything.

NxK

• In AI I Trust
    • View Profile
    • YT
« Reply #3457 on: 2016-04-26 13:31:18 »
I heard you had to fix a bug on stream because I missed two of the checks for the patch; sorry about that, bud.

Don't worry, it was quite nice to figure out what was broken and fixing it myself.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: 2016-04-26 14:25:56 »
hmm. dunno what to think about a hidden passive like that xD having power is more fun if you know you have it imo :) havn't noticed anything special about him but im only just reaching junon so got plenty of time left to figure it out before i'm able to ditch cloud and use 3 passives i know :)  will post if i come across anything.

Sorry to break it to you, but it appears Sega has hidden it quite late in the game. I have beaten alot of the endgame content and i have yet to find it. I agree that it makes Cloud (not really bad) but boring.

Jessen

• View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: 2016-04-26 14:33:33 »
Sorry to break it to you, but it appears Sega has hidden it quite late in the game. I have beaten alot of the endgame content and i have yet to find it. I agree that it makes Cloud (not really bad) but boring.

exactly, boring is the right word to describe it compared to the interresting passives we have to play with :)

IvoryValor

• View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: 2016-04-26 16:07:35 »

HOW
HOW DID YOU BEAT HIM
I can't do it. I've tried so many times, nothing I do is working, and the one time I DID beat him, he just Illuya Waved me and I died!

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: 2016-04-26 16:39:20 »
HOW
HOW DID YOU BEAT HIM
I can't do it. I've tried so many times, nothing I do is working, and the one time I DID beat him, he just Illuya Waved me and I died!
What seems to be the issues you are having? Is it down to dealing damage to it or surviving it's attacks.

IvoryValor

• View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: 2016-04-26 16:59:32 »
What seems to be the issues you are having? Is it down to dealing damage to it or surviving it's attacks.

...Yes. Both damaging and surviving... I had the most success with Cloud, Tifa, and Barret. Barret was my main damage dealer with Elemental-Bolt in his weapon, but... I dunno, I almost feel like I'm grossly underpowered.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: 2016-04-26 17:24:11 »
...Yes. Both damaging and surviving... I had the most success with Cloud, Tifa, and Barret. Barret was my main damage dealer with Elemental-Bolt in his weapon, but... I dunno, I almost feel like I'm grossly underpowered.
I would suggest using Choco/Mog + Elemental in Barret's Weapon as Illuyankas is also Weak to Wind and that can let you put Bolt on a character with a much higher Magic stat (Preferably Cloud or Aeris) then ideally you can kill the Aquapolo's in 1 hit whenever they imprison a charcter. If you want to keep dealing Physical damage to the boss, have both Barret and Yuffie in your party as they are the only 2 long range characters you have at this point.

For surviving since Illuyankas can only be hit by magic and long range weapons, all of your characters should be in the back row so the take 50% less damage from Physical attacks, having all your characters with Sadness will mean they all take about 30.86% less Damage from both Physical and Magical attacks aswell. It's slightly riskier but putting Barret in the front row means he can gain a damage buff upon being hit if you're able to keep him alive.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: 2016-04-26 17:29:36 »

Yeah, I'd go in with at least one magic-heavy character to spam bolt magic and Choco-Mog, a long-range fighter with bolt attached to their weapon, and one person dedicated to buffs and healing, with a bolt materia too in case they get a free turn.

This setup worked pretty well for me--I didn't have much of a problem.

IvoryValor

• View Profile
« Reply #3465 on: 2016-04-26 17:30:29 »
I would suggest using Choco/Mog + Elemental in Barret's Weapon as Illuyankas is also Weak to Wind and that can let you put Bolt on a character with a much higher Magic stat (Preferably Cloud or Aeris) then ideally you can kill the Aquapolo's in 1 hit whenever they imprison a charcter. If you want to keep dealing Physical damage to the boss, have both Barret and Yuffie in your party as they are the only 2 long range characters you have at this point.

For surviving since Illuyankas can only be hit by magic and long range weapons, all of your characters should be in the back row so the take 50% less damage from Physical attacks, having all your characters with Sadness will mean they all take about 30.86% less Damage from both Physical and Magical attacks aswell. It's slightly riskier but putting Barret in the front row means he can gain a damage buff upon being hit if you're able to keep him alive.

...How do I keep forgetting about the Back row...? Alright, I'll give it another go...

EDIT: Killed him and survived, but Barret died right at the end. may as well not even have been part of the battle.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-26 18:15:12 by IvoryValor »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: 2016-04-26 19:35:59 »
Thanks. You've made a great mod, very challenging. Like I messaged you when i first started, you gave me more game overs in just the first reactor than ive ever had in all my other years playing it combined.

As for the idea of boss fights in the crystal....maybe you could make it like a gauntlet mode with souped up bosses....bosses from disk 1 with up to 20 times their normal stats. And maybe you get a prize for beating them all one after another....?

See, I'd like to avoid just doing more fights but if it comes down to it could make the boss fight menu return for one of the Materia to support every boss in the game but with a var boosting their stats up. That leaves three Materia to figure out a function for, though.

Don't worry, it was quite nice to figure out what was broken and fixing it myself.

In that case I'll be sure to include many more broken script puzzles for you to enjoy in the future.

exactly, boring is the right word to describe it compared to the interresting passives we have to play with :)

Alright, then; I'll sort it out.

...How do I keep forgetting about the Back row...? Alright, I'll give it another go...

EDIT: Killed him and survived, but Barret died right at the end. may as well not even have been part of the battle.

Cargo Ship of dreams ahoy.

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: 2016-04-26 19:41:50 »
In the Gold Saucer Battle Square on Disc 3. Is the Mystery Prize for 32000 BP always the same thing or can it be different things?

Spoiler: show

Upon spending 32000 BP I received the following:

Yellow Wave x3
Lucky Pill x3
Gospel Spark x3
Oversoul Shard x3

If it's a fixed reward then I may be spending a significant amount of time at the Battle Square (along with Chocobo Square to top up GP). I have a suitable strategy for obtaining BP and I am starting to get good at being able to select the handicap I want on the slots.

Side Note: During my time at the Battle Square, had a slight jaw drop moment as an enemy just happens to land on 7777 HP and wipe me instantly. I don't want to know what the odds of that happening are.
« Last Edit: 2016-04-26 19:44:14 by Skirmish »

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: 2016-04-26 20:03:04 »

I mean, activating it in the last Hojo fight would be cool. The whole party dies and the Cloud gets his innate + revs party. This might give you a cool way of "fixing" the Hojo fight. He may add reflect or something when everyone rezzes to force dispels and whatnot. Another way could be in new game + or something.

I actually like that it's hidden and that it can be unlocked on the 3rd disc. Not a big fan of learning it right before you beat the game (if that is the case atm).

Jessen

• View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: 2016-04-26 20:41:49 »

awesome :) only finger i could put on the mod so far.

also, thx for creating this mod and letting us enjoy the game with a fresh touch  :D

IvoryValor

• View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: 2016-04-26 21:09:48 »
Cargo Ship of dreams ahoy.

DID THE CARGO SHIP. Didn't game over, but I had to basically cherry-tap Jenova-VECTOR to death with a hasted Yuffie and a slowed VECTOR.
Methinks I need to level. big time

Skirmish

• Don't do Sources kids.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: 2016-04-26 21:24:47 »
DID THE CARGO SHIP. Didn't game over, but I had to basically cherry-tap Jenova-VECTOR to death with a hasted Yuffie and a slowed VECTOR.
Part of it may be how levelling works in this mod. When your character levels up only their HP/MP stats increase, your stats like Strength, Vitality, Magic, Spirit, Dexterity and Luck don't actually increase. You increase those by using the "Rank Up" Sega-Chief has placed into the game where you use Sources to boost your stats after gaining enough SP. SP is gained from defeating enemies as you progress through the game.

I've been playing the game without using the Rank Up system and it's forced me to think outside the box for certain battles. Keep in mind that Weapons/Armour/Accessories have been reworked to have more of an impact on your party members.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: 2016-04-26 23:53:44 »
In the Gold Saucer Battle Square on Disc 3. Is the Mystery Prize for 32000 BP always the same thing or can it be different things?

Spoiler: show

Upon spending 32000 BP I received the following:

Yellow Wave x3
Lucky Pill x3
Gospel Spark x3
Oversoul Shard x3

If it's a fixed reward then I may be spending a significant amount of time at the Battle Square (along with Chocobo Square to top up GP). I have a suitable strategy for obtaining BP and I am starting to get good at being able to select the handicap I want on the slots.

Side Note: During my time at the Battle Square, had a slight jaw drop moment as an enemy just happens to land on 7777 HP and wipe me instantly. I don't want to know what the odds of that happening are.

It used to be a random pick of four sets, but people weren't happy about trying to get the Dio Set so I just made that the only set.

Jenova's elemental weaknesses aren't immediately apparent, and one of them is often missed as an option because few people would actually notice it. It's a large enemy, so Earth works well while Wind is halved but the other thing is that all Jenova/Demon monsters are weak against Holy and for NT I put the Holy element onto Restore, Heal, and Revive (some others too) so you can get this element onto your attacks. Remember that Sense can spot elemental weaknesses for you.

Part of it may be how levelling works in this mod. When your character levels up only their HP/MP stats increase, your stats like Strength, Vitality, Magic, Spirit, Dexterity and Luck don't actually increase. You increase those by using the "Rank Up" Sega-Chief has placed into the game where you use Sources to boost your stats after gaining enough SP. SP is gained from defeating enemies as you progress through the game.

I've been playing the game without using the Rank Up system and it's forced me to think outside the box for certain battles. Keep in mind that Weapons/Armour/Accessories have been reworked to have more of an impact on your party members.

As far as higher levels go, you gain a damage boost for physical and magical attacks (until Lv.44 for balance reasons regarding the physical attack formula) along with higher HP/MP. Stats have to be raised using SP or equipment.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: 2016-04-27 01:58:28 »
SC--A few graphical glitches for you during the Diamond Weapon fight:

Quake 3 seems to sometimes get its textures jacked up for some reason.  Every once in awhile, instead of the rock/earth look to it, its all a jumble of letters/numbers/shapes.  It seems to be specific to this battle, because I've never seem it happen before.

Also, after the battle, I think DW's shadow passes over the party, but in my case it was a blank white screen that went over instead.

Just thought I'd mention them if no one else had yet--nothing game breaking for sure, but they're there.

pearpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: 2016-04-27 03:01:01 »
apologies if this has been answered somewhere, but are some bosses morphable? i know about one (or more?) battle square bosses being morphable, but as far as one-time events should i even try my luck?