Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4925268 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2550 on: 2016-01-16 20:38:20 »
You mean resurrect something that was clearly killed in one of the game's FMVs? Couldn't possibly do that!

The mod isn't dead as far as I know, just a stand-alone thingie. There's an alternate modding community for this game that stays off the radar 'cause of copyright and the like. Check out Grimmy on YT; he's also the guy who made that Jessie in Reactor 1 thing for 7H.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: 2016-01-16 23:05:01 »
Hahaha well i DID play this game a long time ago, i completely forgot that it was kikled by cannon, is that what you are talking about? Wasn't it diamond weapon though...? Never mind if its dead its dead. ☺

iloveyou771

• View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: 2016-01-17 00:59:57 »
is it something like re-fight the boss again after kill it the first time?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2553 on: 2016-01-17 01:05:37 »
Sapphire is killed in the water at Junon. The canon blows its head off.

Diamond is the one that charges Midgar after the canon has been relocated. You intercept Diamond and fight it before the canon finally kills it in the FMV.

FYI, when you see "strawberries" or "fern" highlighted text, it means the forums censored a curse word.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: 2016-01-17 11:00:46 »
Lol i know that's why I was using it. :-) well fighting sapphire once would be great if possible to fit into script somehow. Just thinking aloud.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: 2016-01-17 17:34:33 »
You mean resurrect something that was clearly killed in one of the game's FMVs? Couldn't possibly do that!

The mod isn't dead as far as I know, just a stand-alone thingie. There's an alternate modding community for this game that stays off the radar 'cause of copyright and the like. Check out Grimmy on YT; he's also the guy who made that Jessie in Reactor 1 thing for 7H.

You say that Mr Chief, but Aries was killed in one of the FMV sequences and she has been brought back to life through mods what is the difference with Sapphire Weapon.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: 2016-01-17 20:18:27 »
Hey segachief i just stole protect vest from jenova arm in cargo ship to costa del sol! Wasn't the deal to remove all steal/morph from bosses? Or is it a bug? I actually saved just after that fight, maybe that caused some bad trigger to load default Jenova...? And when i fought it a second time i got 2 ifrits! :O And whats this halves Shoot description? Halves my ranged chars attack or enemies? Or something else?

Oh and a random thought, dont remember what does the shinra pres villa serve for except free sleep? Forgot. Can you make a new quest around it maybe? Since it has no use anyway. ^_^
Maybe do things for the manager, quests instead of paying him?
« Last Edit: 2016-01-17 20:56:33 by lionheart82 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: 2016-01-18 07:06:39 »
Hey segachief i just stole protect vest from jenova arm in cargo ship to costa del sol! Wasn't the deal to remove all steal/morph from bosses? Or is it a bug? I actually saved just after that fight, maybe that caused some bad trigger to load default Jenova...? And when i fought it a second time i got 2 ifrits! :O And whats this halves Shoot description? Halves my ranged chars attack or enemies? Or something else?

Oh and a random thought, dont remember what does the shinra pres villa serve for except free sleep? Forgot. Can you make a new quest around it maybe? Since it has no use anyway. ^_^
Maybe do things for the manager, quests instead of paying him?

Y'know, changes I make in the 1.4 prototype don't manifest themselves in the 1.35 build. All the bosses in the currently available build will still have steals and morphs on them. How did you get two Ifrits though? I'd like to hear more about that.

As for Shoot, it's one of five physical elements that were functioning in the original game but which only ever came into play when the Shield status was up (and even then, there was no real mechanic that made use of the physical elements separately). The five physical elements are Cut, Hit, Shoot, Punch (used for piercing/stabbing attacks like spears), and Shout. NT makes a little more use of these elements; having Shoot protection is handy because a lot of enemies will be using machine-gun/projectile-based attacks. You can also defend against Shout using Bahamut + Elemental. There's nothing in the player arsenal that can help with Cut, Hit, or Punch though.

I was renovating the Shinra Villa; my idea is for it to have some NPCs appear inside when you buy it who dispense free items periodically like Megalixirs and attack items maybe.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: 2016-01-18 07:40:39 »
Sega Chief, your ideas never cease to amaze me! I love New Threat so much I can't even go back to playing on Vanilla anymore.  :-D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: 2016-01-18 08:01:46 »
Sega Chief, your ideas never cease to amaze me! I love New Threat so much I can't even go back to playing on Vanilla anymore.  :-D

:3

I got a lot more in store coming in 1.4; there's still a lot to improve in the 1.35 build.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: 2016-01-18 09:02:01 »
Thx, anything you do to add extra is great! B-)

well basically i saved just after beating jenova and taking ifrit, before going out the door. Then i shut down ff7. Next time i wanted to continue, the game went back into engine room with that sailor/soldier still alive, the one that triggers the jenova battle.

I thought i loaded the previous save game file but no, it was the latest. So i beat it again and get another ifrit. Didnt try to reproduce the results but i believe it can be repeated as much as I want. Not interested though. If i wanted cheats, would just turn invincible. I CAN replay that again if you want, just to see if im right, if you need it.

Basically (im almost sure) its a save anywhere glitch i believe that certain areas have, im not supposed to save in that room, so the game activates that battle scene every time i load.

BUT, the chest up the stairs stayed looted, it wasnt reset to closed/full, just fyi. So only the scene resets, not the items.

Oh yeah how about the option for them to exchange some materias for rarer or items for rarer? Something like that? Instead of farmong monsters for rare drops ie?
« Last Edit: 2016-01-18 11:11:20 by lionheart82 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: 2016-01-18 17:51:22 »
Well, that sort of thing is going to happen if you use a trainer; don't report them as bugs. What's happened to you there is the game hasn't completed the scene (which you normally can't leave the field and re-enter until it's done, at which point it's impossible to actually return at all). When you load a save using the trainer, it's not like an emulator; it's more like an actual save file which means it drops you into the field and activates the field's Init scripts, etc. This causes problems with the If strings, some of which are designed to have a temporary loop as you progress through the scene until you advance it to the next stage.

Bottom line is; never use that save anywhere function during a scene. Only use it when you're in a safe field; one that doesn't have any scenes currently playing and which you can exit/re-enter at any time.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: 2016-01-18 18:13:34 »
Ah that so, ok will do. :-) thx.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: 2016-01-18 18:53:44 »
Almost done with FFX... Hopping to play NT 1.4 when I'm done. Please fix the problems I reported in my first post (the 1 dex and low damage with limits). Also hopping for a quick 7th heaven compatibility :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: 2016-01-18 19:15:00 »
No worries, Arrange Mode and the .EXE will be revised for the new build.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: 2016-01-19 10:43:29 »
Got a rough idea of when 1.4 is ready, Segabro? :>

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: 2016-01-19 15:22:38 »
Sorry, bud; I'll need to see where I am after this week before I can tell. I don't know what next week is going to be like, shift-wise but I hear that my old manager is coming back from his knee op which means his stand-in will be going back onto night shift (if that happens, I won't be needed as much for cover shifts).

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: 2016-01-19 16:35:52 »
No worries. I figured I'd ask, in case you had some idea. :) I just wanted to clear my schedule for the release-day and a few days ahead, if you knew when. :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: 2016-01-19 16:38:25 »
I'll post advance notice as soon as possible; I wasn't expecting work to continue being so busy coming out of the Christmas week.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: 2016-01-19 18:33:23 »
I'll post advance notice as soon as possible; I wasn't expecting work to continue being so busy coming out of the Christmas week.
Just as with Alyza, take your sweet time, we'll be waiting. ;-)

Rasca

• View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: 2016-01-20 06:55:24 »
Hey, Sega Chief, I'm currently playing GalenMyra's Hardtype and I really want to try this out. How would you say thisd compares in terms of difficulty?

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: 2016-01-20 09:22:25 »
this isnt so much a difficulty mod as it is a the bosses are different, learn new strategies

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: 2016-01-20 09:49:26 »
Imho its a difficulty that should've been there from the start. It makes game challenging in a stimulating way, makes you think, plan, strategize. Makes you fight for and appreciate every victory, item, equipment. Im blown away with the level of love, detail, thought, put i to this. As segachief said earlier its not just upped difficulty, enemies are stronger you are weaker, its made challenging but with a purpose and reward, not torture. Apsolutrly worth trying! :-)

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: 2016-01-20 13:00:22 »
Just save a lot... There will be difficulties where there were none...

Rasca

• View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: 2016-01-20 13:05:15 »
Imho its a difficulty that should've been there from the start. It makes game challenging in a stimulating way, makes you think, plan, strategize. Makes you fight for and appreciate every victory, item, equipment. Im blown away with the level of love, detail, thought, put i to this. As segachief said earlier its not just upped difficulty, enemies are stronger you are weaker, its made challenging but with a purpose and reward, not torture. Apsolutrly worth trying! :-)
this isnt so much a difficulty mod as it is a the bosses are different, learn new strategies

I assume then that's it's somewhat easier.

It's cool though, I was not looking for difficulty, but content. But anything tougher than vanilla is welcome.

Thanks.

Just save a lot... There will be difficulties where there were none...

I'm going to fern up mismanage my saves eventually, I guarantee it.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-20 13:08:34 by Rasca »