Author Topic: Feild model conversion's  (Read 64538 times)

Wuz

• View Profile
Re: Feild model conversion's
« Reply #75 on: 2007-05-14 00:22:08 »
So weeemus, you are going to finish what you've started and release something when it's complete, WITHOUT stealing any models?
Or are you going to stop because of non-existent lawsuits with SquareEnix?

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007-05-14 01:19:55 »
I wouldn't worry about lawsuits until you get a Cease and desists from Square. Until a C&D, don't let the thought of a lawsuit scare you. Your doing a great job!

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007-05-14 20:24:51 »
ps i did not make this model all work and efforts go to Szico VII

Actually, Reno was made by Noen, as well as Rufus, Elena and Rude.

The Vincent is made by Eclypse, as well as some others. Eclypse is also making the Shinra MP (generic grunt and Cloud variant).

Don't even bother taking the Sephiroth models that were made for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. Gir made those models, and he hates it when people steal his work.

Other than that it all looks awesome.

All these authors names are good, but do you have any source? forum, website? I can't find a thing in google by searching eclypse+"jedi academy" .

WEEMUS: Your work is incredible, I don't know how much time you spent on this, but it wasn't a waste of time!! You know you can make patch of LGP files with LGPTools? So if its a separate patch , it's not copyright enfrightment (I misspeled this one I'm sure) . ANd furthermore, if you just customise some FFVII models in kimera and add some textures/models by 3dsmax, with ff12/10/10-2/KH1/KH2 inspiration, NOT porting directly models , it's even better, cause you can enhence them even more!!!

Good luck man, I'll follow your proogress close.

Keep up the incredible work!!!!!! If you manage to do this, even a little , YOU will be the one to aplaude. (not the one who withdraws) . And if Square enix is against it, you'll receive a cease and desist letter, like they did for chrono trigger resurection....

Tschüss !!

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007-05-14 22:43:55 »
Listen you whiny bich I'm friends with quite a few people here on these forums, and weeemus happens to be my biggest, whom I am helping out a bit in teaching him how to do it, and as for applause, what the fact that I decided to withdraw rather than release denies the fact that I was the one who did this first, and you must be really thick if you don't understand the implications of "I MIGHT WANT A JOB IN THE GAMES INDUSTRY IN THE FUTURE" so it would be absolutely stupid of me to release a mod with such blatant infringement. As for source of the authors go here http://forums.filefront.com/ and just do a search for the authors name, because theres way to many threads there for one person to look. So as far as I'm concerned Dje you have no idea what your talking about, or the amount of people on this forum and others who understand my decision to stop.

Jari

« Reply #79 on: 2007-05-15 00:23:26 »
Listen you whiny bich I'm friends with quite a few people here on these forums,

So, tell me... what exactly did you expect after your "Ooooh! Drama! Oooh! Must destroy all! Oooh! Not going to tell you! Oooh! Big secret! Drama!"-post?

Without getting involved in any way in the business of who might be right and who might not be right and who might be acting like children... let this be a lesson in PR for you. You do something like that on message board, this will follow, regardless of whether it's right, justified or whatnot.

I'd almost suggest that honesty is the best policy - and that means honesty right from the start, unless you have actually been legally bound not to tell - which I assume you haven't been at this point - and in which case you could just say that, or you are sure that protecting someone is really worth it (note: if that someone is you, it pretty much automatically means that it's not worth it.).

There is something I'd like cleared out, though: first weeemus says "i decided to make one model of reno, heres a picture" and after that he says - in the same post even "ps i did not make this model all work and efforts go to Szico VII". This is where I get confused. So, did he make it, or did he not make it?

This rather serious lack of crediting the actual authors - if you ask me - makes just about every other model a suspect too; did he make it, or did he just use a model someone else made and unlike in that particular case, didn't see it fit to share that fact?

Same to you, it seems that you have run into a similar situation, where you didn't get consent from the author of one of the models - something you apparently asked after posting screenshots. So, do you understand what this looks like, when you hit the Drama Button? Yeah, you guessed it; it looks like you stole the models, got caught, and are trying to hide it.

Is it so? How would I know, considering that it was a big secret, until this not-overly-convincing "I want to work in the industry" came up.

So, yeah. Like I said, lesson in PR.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007-05-15 00:54:41 »
Yep your right and a lesson learned.
Same to you, it seems that you have run into a similar situation, where you didn't get consent from the author of one of the models - something you apparently asked after posting screenshots.
No I was actually talking to the guy who made them at the time I was posting screenshots, I even said to him that hey just to get an idea of what I'm doing I'll post up some screenshots of your models that I did. After that things went a bit awry and I figured it best to stop. I'd like to point out I didn't mean to hit the "DRAMA" button, It was intended for a bit of drama but not alot. But well the whole idea was I would just keep my reasons to myself but it didn't quite go that way did it... As for acting like children I'm willing to put it down on my end aslong as they can admit to being just as bad. Believe it or not this is my first forum so I don't really understand the repercussions of posting some things.
The one thing i did learn before joining up was watching you get mad at people who don't follow the rules, witch is what I just tried to do from the start really :lol:. As for the lack of crediting I spoze everything was stolen really I mean all the models are just ripped, and yes that reno model was noen's. Right after I had seen the post I had asked Weeemus to credit the author who created the model so it did'nt seem like he had made it, but in the readme file it credited the map author who was Szico VII. But somewhere  else in the readme it had the correct author, as for who made it to set things straight, Noen Garuth made the reno model, Weeemus merely ported the model over(not that it's not a fair bit of work).
But I didn't get busted and I'm not trying to hide it, and I'll try and figure out the best way to describe my position in a later post.

Wuz

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007-05-15 01:37:10 »
I think the only issue here that anyone can agree with is stealing models from other authors - the jedi academy models or whatever community they are from.
They shouldn't just be used and then consent to use them requested after that. I would hope that if you found a suitable model that would save some work for you, you would ask the original author, then i would also hope that from one modder to another they would let you use it.
For some people i guess credit is enough, I would want a little bit of credit but i would be much more satisfied knowing that something i worked on ended up with a larger user base, because it makes it that much more worth the original effort.

That matter aside until there is a C&D from SquareEnix i see no reason to stop.

@squeeble
I was just wondering, you seem so afraid of legal issues with SquareEnix because it's illegal to copy their models from KH games and/or modify FFVII.
you're 16, Is your copy of 3DS Max legitimate? it's like $3000+ US to buy (as far as i can see), i have my doubts. Then again you can say you own it and nobody can prove you wrong. Great way to 'get into the industry' though, pirate the software that supports it.

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007-05-15 01:47:35 »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007-05-15 02:11:44 »
I would like to point out. I didn't do the models before asking permission he didn't have a problem with me working on them at the time and revoked permission to use them afterwards, so I didn't steal them from the authors.
Not to mention how nice noen and eclypse were to me with the issue, and very polite I might add, maybe you should ask the JK modders if they would lend there works to a mod like this and see what there reactions would be, I'm quite sure they would be quite similar.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007-05-15 13:30:03 »
All these authors names are good, but do you have any source? forum, website? I can't find a thing in google by searching eclypse+"jedi academy" .

This is the saction they hang in.

Eclypse's ShinRa Grunt WIP thread

Eclypse's Vincent WIP thread 1

Eclypse's Vincent WIP thread 2

Eclypse's Vincent Weapons WIP thread

Eclypse's Cerberus Gun WIP thread

Noen's Rufus and the Turks WIP thread

Enough sources for you Djé?

I can feel a bit of irony in your sentence, but yes, thank you , I don't know if these are enough, because I wanted to see other kinds of works, but thank you anyway.
Squeeble just gave me the forums.filefront.com.whatever link, sorry but i didn't know there was forums for filefront... I only knew filefront thanks of Murak... Filefront is very little known in France.

Dearh

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007-05-17 15:56:10 »
My friend done wha you had coming
your model's are too good
but for Cloud it's better use the hk2 mode
this patch with advent avatart it's perfect

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007-05-17 18:48:10 »
My friend done wha you had coming
your model's are too good
but for Cloud it's better use the hk2 mode
this patch with advent avatart it's perfect

I didn't understand everything, but if you talked about the little portraits of Advent Children I created for fun, then I'm happy you like them  :-)

As for Kingdom Hearts 2/1 characters into FFVIIPC, it's going to be very long for this to happen.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007-05-18 19:40:11 »
Hey Weemus. If you're still working on this, shoot me a PM and let me know your status. We could probably use your field models for the battle models. I got all the weapons I've done too.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007-05-19 03:22:41 »
sorry i haven't  uploaded any new posts, due to my exams, so far had 3 long ass exams so frustrating, anyway i can't release the models squeeble has done, but i can release my zack model which i made. I'll upload a few more screenshots of him after my exams are over, my zack is based on the crisis core model, so far his chest looks like it and head/hair, all i need to do is retexture his pants to the same color of his torso and i'm done, oh and shoes.

Edit"

Heres my zack model, haven't quite finished with the texturing as you can see, and the shoe and neck model i'm making my zack based like the crisis core one.

I'm using this as reference
« Last Edit: 2007-05-21 06:24:46 by weeemus »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007-05-21 17:17:42 »
wow, i don't know where you got your 3D skills, but this one really rocks!!!

Don't know how much time you put into this but you  deserve more "fame" lol

We should see your name more often you know.. Great work really!

I love to see new screens of your work when i pass here.  :-D

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007-05-21 22:56:40 »
wow, i don't know where you got your 3D skills, but this one really rocks!!!
Hehe.. :-P I mightn't be doing any physical work on this but it doesn't mean I can't help around with the more technical perspective, and of course some helpful critique :wink:

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007-05-22 07:39:50 »
Very nice, weeemus

all i need to do is retexture his pants to the same color of his torso and i'm done, oh and shoes.
Something don't look right there
I think it the part where the Pant's and (Don't know there name so i will call them) Leg warmer's are.

Anyway Good luck have fun

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007-05-22 09:50:11 »
That look like the trousers Roxas wears . . .

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007-05-22 14:11:09 »
Don't worry guys, i'm remaking my zack, i finished him yesterday, but i reckon it was really crap... anyway i decided to make the whole model again ^^ i'm learning so much, making his shoulder armor with a sphere, and also learn't how to texture  :-D

Hears a sneak preiview :D of my workscreen

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/workscreen.jpg

haha and you guys never guess what i used to make his neck, collar.... a TEAPOT!  haha

anyway
That look like the trousers Roxas wears . . .

No it doesn't, it looks way off to be roxas pants, this is what he looks like ---> http://www.finalfantasyworld.co.uk/khextreme/kh2/images/artwork/KH2_Artwork_Roxas2.jpg

on second thoughts, it does resemble a tiny bit i guess.

Anyway, any tips on creating a hand? in general i just don't like hands haha and also i only started using max recently.

EDit""

Zack with black hair now re textured.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-23 03:22:52 by weeemus »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007-05-22 23:05:37 »
Easy grab a picture of a hand from above somewhere, I dunno maybe google :-P, and start with a box model as the bas of the hand. Then you make slices in the hand where you need to shape it andmove the vertices to fit the outside of the hand, then you make four cuts on the front of your hand and extrude the separate polygons to the first digit of the finger, then do the same again and repeat. Then finally for the thumb you make some cuts on the side of the hand and extrude a small amount, or you could use the hinge from edge tool so this creates the base of the thumb, now the next bits a bit hard to explain, but on the front of the new poly you just created you want to extrude the twice to make the thumb.
Now you should have a basic hand :-). Kinda hard without pics but I'm sure you'll figure it out :-P.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007-05-23 03:27:17 »
Thanks squeebly  :-D sounds complicated, but oh well i'll get through...anyway i got to start on the arms first before hands, heh i learnt how to make a arm with my faulty torso i failed which suddenly ended up looking like a arm... :?

Edit "

After i watched the crisis core trailer =D i found his clothing were dark navy blue.
re textured his clothing to look like the cinematic in the trailer.

Edit""

pretty much finished modeling zack heres some pictures. with a small alleyway background i made

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/city3.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/city2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/wushuboi/3.jpg

Time to port this model into ff7, only problem is that my texture head look screwed up in game and also some textures doesn't work in pc creator, why is it so?
in pc creator once i open bitmap flip umv the neck is transparent doted texture, if i use a different texture it works

EDit"

Never mind, i found a solution anyway almost finished converting zack into ff7 :D yay, although the quality dropped down heaps once i converted to ff7  :x

oh well still a decent model i guess.

Anyway just informing you guys, i'm nearly finished completing zack field model, it replaces cloud since it's much easier examining him as the main character as you all know  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: 2007-05-24 03:35:01 by weeemus »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007-05-24 09:40:54 »
And Zack is alot more charismatic as a hero than cloud or sephiroth hé hé

This looks great!

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007-05-24 11:33:20 »
wow, all these models look great! ^^ I don't know WHERE you get your talent from, I'm just hoping that you don't lose it.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007-05-27 04:39:24 »
Thanks for the feedback guys, at the moment  i only converted zack to cloud (normal)

not yet done, sword, wheel chair,world , mini game and battle model.

Oh yeah would be helpful if anyone here knows how to change the default name of cloud to Zack on the name selection screen.

Anyway i might post up a beta version once I've finished the battle conversion.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007-05-27 07:09:42 »
Oh yeah would be helpful if anyone here knows how to change the default name of cloud to Zack on the name selection screen.

That would be stored in the ff7.exe

Good job on the model's

How many model's you going to-do?