Author Topic: Square announces a massive Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary box set  (Read 19962 times)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Please return to the forum index and get your brain, because you seem to have forgotten it there.
What have I told you about personal attacks? What have the rules told you in general?
Don't Be a D*ck
Be courteous, polite and show respect to others. Use of the forums is a privilege, not a right. Being a d*ck may get you warned. It may get you moderated. You might get banned for being a d*ck. Even if you are right and someone else is wrong, keep things civil.

I'm warning you. CHILL OUT.

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
Donating money to them so they can make a game for even more profit?  I'd sooner sell my soul to the devil and bend over for him to plant one in me.
I read this phrase, and then it hit me. @DLPB told a funny.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Ahhh... again with the arguments...In the end I truly wonder who's the least fanatic one among us... :D With Square ending up taking "Loki's evil sword" role between fans, since this type of arguments are becoming viral in various forums, I guess they succeed in achieving the ultimate American principle: "It doesn't matter what people say, as long as they keep talking about you".

P.S.: (just to loosen up a little bit) As long as I have a female's support on this forum all the rest matters nothing to me ;) :P
« Last Edit: 2012-09-05 18:36:20 by LeonhartGR »

ajthedj747

• View Profile
As long as I have a female's support on this forum all the rest matters nothing to me ;-) :-P
You have my support as well. Sorry if I have offended you in any way, or anyone else, for that manner.  :-(

cirellio

• View Profile
    • Five Rings
This box set reminds me of the 'Final Fantasy Trilogy' which AFAIK was also never released outside of Japan; A very nice box set with IV, V, and VI PSX editions inside.
So a set like this was expected. The packaging is impressive, and I'm sure it will be a darling for collectors for years to come. Of course, many will be buying it just for the purpose of collecting and/or reselling later. I doubt many copies of this will actually be opened and remain factory sealed forever.

archerxtreme

• View Profile
one thing i wanna know, can some of the psp titles in the box set be played on the ps3? i'm expecting the answer no, but i ask only because some titles that are available on the playstation network can be played on ps3. i saw FF1 available on the PS network just recently....

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
one thing i wanna know, can some of the psp titles in the box set be played on the ps3? i'm expecting the answer no, but i ask only because some titles that are available on the playstation network can be played on ps3. i saw FF1 available on the PS network just recently....
There's only one PSP title in here, and it requires a PSP, thanks to the fact that it comes on a UMD.

On that note, if they're gonna require PSP anyway, why didn't they include the PSP version of Final Fantasy IV instead? It's easily the best version of the game.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
There's only one PSP title in here, and it requires a PSP, thanks to the fact that it comes on a UMD.

On that note, if they're gonna require PSP anyway, why didn't they include the PSP version of Final Fantasy IV instead? It's easily the best version of the game.

Because thats likely more expensive for them

Mako

• View Profile
Well in order to be a 'timeless' collection you need to offer a physical version. At -any- time PSN could pull the plug. Also, let us not forget PSP is huge in Japan has been the #1 system for awhile now.

ajthedj747

• View Profile

I prefer the Nintendo DS version. I am actually playing that lately. When I finish FFIV, then I will go back to my PSP 3000 and play FFIV The After Years. My brother bought me the PSP version as a gift.

StickySock

• View Profile
I am still just wondering what is taking FFX HD so long... I was excited when I heard it was being made, but I don't understand why they couldn't do an HD collection with FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII. I mean, every other company was able to do similar rereleases in a reasonable timeframe.

ajthedj747

• View Profile
I am still just wondering what is taking FFX HD so long... I was excited when I heard it was being made, but I don't understand why they couldn't do an HD collection with FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII. I mean, every other company was able to do similar rereleases in a reasonable timeframe.
Hey yeah, I totally forgot about Final Fantasy X HD. Wow, have I lost my faith in that combination of companies. This is a big issue with Trusts and Monopolies - forgetting their announcements and revelations.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
I prefer the Nintendo DS version. I am actually playing that lately. When I finish FFIV, then I will go back to my PSP 3000 and play FFIV The After Years. My brother bought me the PSP version as a gift.
Really? I thought the Nintendo DS version had really ugly graphics and horrible voice acting.

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
It's called a collectors item if I'm not mistaken. Sounds good. Unless you want a 1install disc for every game. Not very collectors item... In my eyes at least.

Anyway I'll not buy it.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
i dont understand people who still collect final fantasy stuff
it was nice for a while but even someone rich is gonna go bankrupt now on that

cirellio

• View Profile
    • Five Rings
Really? I thought the Nintendo DS version had really ugly graphics and horrible voice acting.
Hm. I thought the graphics and voice acting were decent enough. An improvement over III DS for sure, which was already quite nice. Those games got me hoping for a similar treatment for V and VI ... but sadly those never happened.
IV DS also had new abilities, Whyt, good difficulty, and a New Game+ feature, good stuff by any measure. But the PSP version is still better.

ajthedj747

• View Profile
I hate to say it, but I like the graphics and the voice acting. I guess I have a soft spot for cheeziness.

ajthedj747

• View Profile
i dont understand people who still collect final fantasy stuff
it was nice for a while but even someone rich is gonna go bankrupt now on that
Agreed. Oh wait, three companies combined have plenty of money to lose money, I think.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
there is an edit button, use it.
also, since when do three combined companies buy collectors items? you need to read more carefully

-Ric-

• View Profile

graphics kinda drift away from the final fantasy IV we are used to.. and the voice acting is awful, but one of the best things about the DS version, is the difficulty, having played all FFIV versions, the DS version was the only who actually presented a challenge.

would love a version with psp graphics + ds difficulty

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
there is an edit button, use it.
also, since when do three combined companies buy collectors items? you need to read more carefully

Whilst ATDJ should have edited rather than double posted, that doesn't mean being a dick about it. Especially when one isn't exactly a shining example of forum behaviour in the first place.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Whilst ATDJ should have edited rather than double posted, that doesn't mean being a d*ck about it. Especially when one isn't exactly a shining example of forum behaviour in the first place.

thats not being a dick about it. I told him to read more carefully and use the edit button. Not everything I say is filled with hostile intent just because I don't sugar coat words.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
The burden isn't on me to prove a member is being hostile; it's on them to prove they aren't.

Do try and be less brusque in future.

Anyway, I refuse to recognize any box set that doesn't contain Final Fantasy Tactics.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
what we need is a final fantasy tactics MMO
turn based encounters of pvp have been done in MMOs before and it works
but nooooo, we get final fantasy 14 instead

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
This box set reminds me of the 'Final Fantasy Trilogy' which AFAIK was also never released outside of Japan; A very nice box set with IV, V, and VI PSX editions inside.
So a set like this was expected. The packaging is impressive, and I'm sure it will be a darling for collectors for years to come. Of course, many will be buying it just for the purpose of collecting and/or reselling later. I doubt many copies of this will actually be opened and remain factory sealed forever.

Have

and

And just add 4 or 6 to that, depending on your region :P

Although all of them could be in 1 cd anyways, but we're talking about square here tho, they have to milk the cow.