Author Topic: [FF8PC - Steam] Succession Mod (v.1.0)  (Read 76368 times)

Percival

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC - Steam] Succession Mod (v.1.0)
« Reply #175 on: 2024-02-01 15:00:47 »
Probably.

It would be a tedious process to find and replace every instance throughout the entire game. The effect would likely not be worth the effort. Also, this game was made in the '90s, and the vanilla Squall very clearly identifies as a male and uses he/him.

If you've read the description of this mod, you should know that my main goal was to retain as many elements of the original as possible, even as I made every change. Squall is one of the most well-defined characters in the FF series, making FF8 much less of a roleplaying experience and much more of a standard story. I didn't go out of my way to change anything about his character or his identity unnecessarily. I also didn't attempt to self-insert any aspects of my own identity onto Squall in order to make him better reflect my own experience. I simply wanted to develop and reinforce what I considered to be the most well-written aspects of Squall's character that were already present.

The game does allow you to rename Squall and Rinoa whatever you want, however. It’s probably the best role-playing option in the game, and I recommend utilizing that function to its full extent.
« Last Edit: 2024-02-02 17:58:56 by Percival »

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
Re: [FF8PC - Steam] Succession Mod (v.1.0)
« Reply #176 on: 2024-02-01 19:55:00 »
Yeah sorry Lilith, but i gotta agree with Percival. I just don't see its relevance to a game this old.