Author Topic: [FF7PC]FF7 SYW "ArkTsukiVock" (v4) upscale : Battle, world map, fields, videos  (Read 189884 times)

heartless4ngel

• View Profile
Hi Satsuki, I want to thank you for your wonderful mod to begin with. I wanted to ask you something: is it normal or a known problem that in sunken gelnika the game crash sometimes when, after defeating an enemy, reaching the battle end screen? At the beginning I thought it was Reunion's problem so I removed your mod and tried to fight some battles there but everything was fine. As soon as I installed your mod again, after 2-3 battles it crashed again.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Hi Satsuki, I want to thank you for your wonderful mod to begin with. I wanted to ask you something: is it normal or a known problem that in sunken gelnika the game crash sometimes when, after defeating an enemy, reaching the battle end screen? At the beginning I thought it was Reunion's problem so I removed your mod and tried to fight some battles there but everything was fine. As soon as I installed your mod again, after 2-3 battles it crashed again.
Not my mod related, but as Reuinon use png, there is memory issues with textures mods witch can crash the game or corrupt textures

Chrestomanci

• View Profile
@Orichalcon and ssjkakaroto
I don't kown why you would have this error, witch windows do you use ?

I use Windows 10. I thought it was the antivirus at first, but I checked the antivirus history (I use Avast) and it doesn't list any recent threats. I also tried adding the whole folder and also Winrar's temp folder into the exceptions list before extracting, and I still get the same error.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Only changed the 32bits icon for a 16bits icons .... realy strange but i already add this bug in a old software version (maybe if dpi > 96)
As i need to add mipmap for fields, i'll do a full update later

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
New version 4.20:
-Corrected the icon to avoid crash at launch with some config
-Added mipmap to dds for fields, battle, and magics (need lastest ffnx canary to get a small quality boost)

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
Inaccurate magic Dance. It is in Konoha folder. White noisy edges and very poor quality. Plus as you can notice the right side of the Maple Leaf is cut in the game, cause some leaves need to be shifted left (I don't know why game developments did it):
Spoiler: show

I have made my version. If you like it, you can use it, no credits needed.
Spoiler: show

P.S. There are 6 files but in original game only three kinds of leaves with two different colors each. I've made 6 different kind of leaves.

Link https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V2QxDExFN_vDj9-GZZGZzXgVyqLYW73R
« Last Edit: 2020-05-09 19:40:49 by Panteleimon »

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
thanks for the report and the fix !
i'll test it and add it if it's ok ^^

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
do you mind if i add some colors for the leaves, one single color is "flat", i like your leaves but like to have 3 or 4 colors, do you alow me to mod in that way ?

Panteleimon

• View Profile
    • ZomiPlayFont for FF7
do you mind if i add some colors for the leaves, one single color is "flat", i like your leaves but like to have 3 or 4 colors, do you alow me to mod in that way ?
Do whatever you want to do)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-09 21:12:26 by Panteleimon »

ssjkakaroto

• View Profile
could you try this exe instead ?
http://ff7syw.free.fr/SYWv4installer.exe
Yep, this version also works for me. Thanks for the fix!
BTW I'm using Windows 7 x64

Edit:
Small typo:
« Last Edit: 2020-05-09 22:17:15 by ssjkakaroto »

Procelyte

• View Profile
Having trouble running the installer. Keep getting a runtime error when trying to make iro files. Not very savvy with modding FF7. Any way to just download the iro files directly?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Having trouble running the installer. Keep getting a runtime error when trying to make iro files. Not very savvy with modding FF7. Any way to just download the iro files directly?
Witch runtime error ?
This installed is done to cover all possible installation type, manual, iro pgn, iro dds, and reunion.
Too much work and trouble to update to do 1 archive for png, 1 for dds, 1 for iro dds, 1 for iro png, and 1 for reunion

Chrestomanci

• View Profile
Since you're doing manual tweaking, do you need help with the kanji?

Procelyte

• View Profile
Witch runtime error ?
This installed is done to cover all possible installation type, manual, iro pgn, iro dds, and reunion.
Too much work and trouble to update to do 1 archive for png, 1 for dds, 1 for iro dds, 1 for iro png, and 1 for reunion

Says runtime error 70 permission denied or something of the sorts. Tried to look up how to fix it but it seems a bit out of my skill/comfort level. Didn't want to risk messing up my pc doing something I don't understand. :/

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Try to use the pack from a folder where you have full acces (like "my documents" or the desktop)

Procelyte

• View Profile
That worked and now I feel like an idiot. Didn't expect that to be the problem since I only have one account on my pc and it's the administrator. Thank you!  ;D

Sophitia

• View Profile
could you try this exe instead ?
http://ff7syw.free.fr/SYWv4installer.exe
Windows is deleting the file as quickly as I download it. All I have are malware bytes and windows defender. How do I unflag this?

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
this installer was a test, use the full pack instead.
if it's deleted just add it to av execeptions

Sophitia

• View Profile
this installer was a test, use the full pack instead.
if it's deleted just add it to av execeptions
Got it. Managed to extract the whole thing again and use the exe by adding an exception.

But I still just don't seem to be getting it.

I download it off steam, and get the local file address where the ff7 exe is.
I install the FFNx driver as directed.
I open the pack installer, have everything but menus checked, input my ff7 file directory as asked.
Make iro from dds files, wait for the conversion. Install with reunion.
Boot the game up and... still the same. I guess I'm just missing something. But as someone new this modding community, I wouldn't know what that is.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Make iro from dds files, wait for the conversion. Install with reunion.

You’re using an IRO file with Reunion?

StonedKrows

• View Profile
I've noticed some background elements don't animate, is this intentional? Remako had the same issue. You can see it in the jet-like aspects just outside of the first mako reactor. In the screen directly after the train, right after when Barrett tells Avalanche not to move as a group, they're there on the left past the door.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Limitation of the engine/driver, no way to fix that ATM

StonedKrows

• View Profile
Limitation of the engine/driver, no way to fix that ATM
Okeydokey, thanks for replying.