Miscellaneous Forums > General Discussion

Places where you can buy FF7 **legally**

<< < (2/12) > >>

Bosola:

--- Quote ---Third'd. I think it's important to have another sticky for noobs to ignore. rolleyes
--- End quote ---

14.05 pm, xxVINCENTFORVERxx wrote "OMG GUYZ WHAR CAN I FEIND TEH FFSVEN HALP ME PLZ??!!!"
14.06 pm, xxVINCENTFORVERxx wrote "GUYZ HALP PLZ"
14.08 pm, xxVINCENTFORVERxx wrote "PLZ GUYZ"
14.09 pm, xxVINCENTFORVERxx wrote "I GAT TORRENT HOU DO I OPEN HALP PLZ!
14.10 pm, xxVINCENTFORVERxx wrote "HALP!!!!!!"
14.10 pm, ... etc.

Hellbringer616:
Whats the above from?  :-X

titeguy3:
lol that's gotta be an example in jest. It's just too believable.

Bosola:
It's a semi-fictional account of what a recent member with a Vincent avatar was prone to do. I will say no more.

magisterrex:

--- Quote from: titeguy3 on 2010-02-13 18:13:07 ---Okay, this is getting old, so to all new FF7 aficionados here on Qhimm, rather than trying to pirate a copy of FF7 only to end up with a difficult to mod/patch/get to work "Ultima edition", I've taken a few minutes out of my day to compile a list of places where you can buy FF7PC.

Although you can still find the PSX version of the game as a "Greatest Hits" PS1 game or via the playstation network, Squaresoft no longer distributes the game for PC, so the only way you can grab FF7PC is typically secondhand at places like the following:

Ebay (click the link, and I've already got an optimized search of 200 buy-it-now listings)
Amazon has some more reliable vendors, but the prices may be a little higher than on eBay. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

I've found a couple of websites that claim to vend new copies of the game for insane prices, one of them even has the nerve to post a video of an install with Dziugo's 9999 limit breaker and custom avatars.

I wouldn't trust these sites one bit, as you'll probably spend upwards of $100 on a pirated version of the game.

Don't bother looking for abandonware copies of the game, as until Square-enix disintegrates, the game isn't abandonware. Any website that claims it as such is just masking piracy. Also, try to stick to the classic triangle-case version with the trifold cardboard paper disc case inside. If you see the triangle case, you know you're getting the right one, others can be demos or international editions of the game that might not be compatible with the mods here.

Remember that as soon as you get a working copy of the original game (legally), it's a good idea to make a backup of your discs, as the original discs can be old and scratched and not have much time left in terms of functionality.

I'll post other sites that I deem trustworthy as I find them, but feel free to post a place that you've found a legit copy of FF7PC for sale.

--- End quote ---

I have sold on both eBay and Amazon, as well as magisterrex.com, since 2002. Thousands of retro games have managed to make their way from my sites to customers all over the world, and my list of repeat customers is quite long.  So you can imagine that I was sorry to read that you have placed my retro gaming site into the group of places wherein you wouldn't "trust them one bit." 

As for nerve, I took a look at the video that was placed within the listing, and I agree, it was not the right gameplay footage that I thought it was.  The listing was removed and relisted without the video.  A simple email would have been a pleasant, but a loud decree on a random message board will also work, I guess.  Hotlinking images is never a great idea, though, especially if you're disparaging someone's integrity at the same time. On the other hand, irony is one of the engines that keeps the Internets what they are.

Hope you don't take too much offense to my small rebuttal, as for the most part, I agree with what you have to say on software piracy.  Shady downloads laced with spyware and viruses are another favorite.  Good luck in the search for the perfect copy of FF7 for PC!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version