Author Topic: Best animated movie?  (Read 23126 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Best animated movie?
« Reply #50 on: 2009-09-21 02:37:43 »
Looks like we don't need Seifer around anymore.  Or is this rebound resulting from his absence?

I think that Hermoor saw what happened and decide that he'd go one step further than Seifer :-D

What's good about you people is that you really make me appreciate my friends IRL.  Forgive my frankness.

That makes me sad :cry:

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009-09-21 04:01:47 »
Hermoor, I just got through re-watching Samurai X.

I urge you to watch it. It's really no wonder why most people agree that it's the single best animated movie ever. Possibly the best regardless.

I guarantee that, so long as you don't watch it with a biased mindset, it'll make you appreciate anime more...if not just that one in particular.

Who's willing to attest to this for me?

lyada

• Gimme Elixier
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-09-21 06:10:47 »
First off I can kind of feel sad that I have missed most of the 'argument'.

From what I have read I <3 you to Ammo

And yes Samurai X is very good, and don't worry Hermoor, there are no schoolgirls, giant robots, mini-skirts or post apocalypses' going on.
There are swords and violence though so if that makes you squeamish I wouldn't recommend watching it.

And make sure to watch the OVA and not the TV series. The OVA had a much higher budget.

As for my favorite animations, story wise would be GITS, F**ked up factor would probably be Paprika, meaning would be Princess Mononoke and thought provoking would a film I believe that was made in germany called 'the perfect man' or something along those lines, I will have to come back with the actual tittle later (as search results are brining me to a really bad looking hollywood movie).

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009-09-21 07:11:11 »
Hay Naku!!!.. *sighs*

As we say here in our country, I can only say that regarding the issues surrounding West And East Animations:

People have the right to watch their own shows

They can believe what they want and have a say or two about it... But generally its their freaking life!

Let baygons, be baygons. If the other party doesn't want to agree so be it. The only thing left to do is:

Appreciate both!!!!

Hell, I like the way Disney, WB or any other western company animations do to their stuff. Because thats their stuff..
ANd also the Eastern animations ROCKS the world because that is also their style!!

Do you know the saying:

"hitting 2 birds with stone"

This my friend should apply to this discussion and further disagreeing would eventually lead ya to wickedness and loneliness.

@titeguy

I still have the CD's of Rurouni Kenshin OVAs and Movies. And to quote Sony gained more money in the Western audiences when they released this. I even remember watching it on cable TV (HBO).